[XP] Stormtronics CMS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 09, 2008, 04:00:35 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:30:33 am by Blizzard
Stormtronics CMS
Authors: Blizzard
Version: 5.6
Type: Enhanced Custom Menu System
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction

This script will allow you to access a simplified version of the Custom Menu System from "Lexima Legends™ IV - Chaos Project".

This work is licensed under BSD License 2.0:
QuoteCopyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1.  Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2.  Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3.  Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
    without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

You may use this script for both non-commercial and commercial products without limitations as long as you fulfill the conditions presented by the above license. The "complete" way to give credit is to include the license somewhere in your product (e.g. in the credits screen), but a "simple" way is also acceptable. The "simple" way to give credit is as follows:
QuoteStormtronics CMS licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Alternatively, if your font doesn't support diacritic characters, you may use this variant:
QuoteStormtronics CMS licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikic

In general other similar variants are allowed as long as it is clear who the creator is (e.g. "Stormtronics CMS created by Blizzard" is acceptable). But if possible, prefer to use one of the two variants listed above.

If you fail to give credit and/or claim that this work was created by you, this may result in legal action and/or payment of damages even though this work is free of charge to use normally.

Features

• completely animated and graphically optimized (lag-free)
  • own set of windowskins, fonts and icons for every status change and element
  • saves all changed options together with the savefile
  • menu commands "Item", "Equipment", "Skill", "Equip", "Status", "Options", "Save", "Load", "Exit"
  • Item submenu: "Items", "Sort" (by quantity or by alphabet), "Quest Items"
  • Equipment submenu shows information about equippable items for the chosen character, switch the character with LEFT and RIGHT
  • Skill submenu shows available skills for use for the chosen character, switch character with L and R, menu status window in background shows the chosen character
  • Equip submenu shows complete information about Status resistance/attack, Element resistance/attack and complete character stat changing (has even "max HP" and "max SP" available if you are using "Weapon/Armor HP/SP Plus")
  • Status screen with overall information about character status
  • Options submenu with "BGM Volume", "SFX Volume", "Battle BGM", "Battle Cam" (if using KGC's Pseudo 3D Battle Camera with my add-on for disabling), "Bar Style", "Bar Opacity" (if you are using Gradient Bar Styler), "Font" and "Windowskin" (both with preview)
  • Standard Save, Load and Exit commands
  • uses "Ultimate Font Override", so the font changes will affect RPG Maker XP versions 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 (including Dyna Edition and Postality Knights Edition Enhanced) and the font even gets saved with the savedata
new in Hybrid Edition
  • supports either windowskin background or custom images:
      >>>  All Stormtronics CMS Editions in one!  <<<
  • compatible with all my scripts (even DREAM v4.x)
  • draws SR in the menu if CLRS was detected
  • supports any number of party members
  • removed some special add-ons, please get Tons of Add-ons if you want to continue using them, ST CMS will recognize Tons v4.98b and higher
  • more than 1500 code lines less than Nemesis Edition and almost 2000 code lines less than Metal-Plate Edition
  • removes options from Options menu that are not / cannot being used at all
  • possibility to use a different equip system
  • doesn't need skin icons anymore, the icon is drawn from the skin directly
  • improved windowskins from "Lexima Legends™ IV - Chaos Project"

Screenshots

Note that those are screenshots from Nemesis and Metal-Plate Edition. Hybrid Edition looks 90% the same.

Nemesis 1: ShowHide

Nemesis 2: ShowHide

Nemesis 3: ShowHide

Nemesis 4: ShowHide

Nemesis 5: ShowHide

Nemesis 6: ShowHide

Nemesis 7: ShowHide

Metal Plate 1: ShowHide

Metal Plate 2: ShowHide

Metal Plate 3: ShowHide

Metal Plate 4: ShowHide

Metal Plate 5: ShowHide

Metal Plate 6: ShowHide

Metal Plate 7: ShowHide

Demo

Stormtronics CMS - Hybrid Edition
Metal-Plate Edition Graphics Pack
Note that the demo has the BASIC graphics files already included. If you want to use custom images as background, please download the Metal-Plate Edition Graphics Pack, so you know where you need to copy the images and how you need to name them.

Script

Just make a new script above main and paste this code into it.
Script Download

Instructions

Inside the script in the first comment.
If you can't start the demo, make a new project and replace the Game.rxproj inside the demo with the new one, open Game.ini and change RGSS102E.dll to RGSS100J.dll.

FAQ

Inside the script in the first comment.

Compatibility

97% compatible with SDK v1.x. 80% compatible with SDK v2.x. Glitchs with Fukuyama's Caterpillar script (but not with mine). Designed only for 8 elements. WILL corrupt old savegames.

Credits and Thanks

• Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Author's Notes

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com

That's it! Enjoy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Caro Ru Lushe

And So, I get the first Error:

With the Bars off or On in the Add-on >__>;;

Calintz

V5.1b.....
Does this one solve the problem with the bars??

Blizzard

January 28, 2008, 04:29:47 pm #4 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:33:15 pm by Blizzard
Yes, but you should get Tons 6.03b. I'll check that bug out and simply update the script, just give me a moment.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Blizzard

Just a typo, I updated the script. This is what you need to do:

The error giving line will say something with $game_system.BARS at the end. Change it to @BARS.

Calintz

Blizzard

Lol, I already did. I just meant that you don't have to download the fixed version, simply fix it in 5.1 yourself (if you are already using 5.1).

Calintz

Oh, haha...well I got 5.1 now, so everything should be fine...

>> *goes to re0insert the CRSLS back into the game*

icecold49

:oOh my god. This CMS is legendary! Amazing Job! :o I've got one question tho: How would I change the script so that this CMS completely ignores the status menu, skill menu, and equipment menu (for other script purposes). If this can be changed than i'm definitely using this CMS. Thanks.

Blizzard

What do you mean? Do you mean that the options are now accessible or that you get a custom screen if you select them? This already works for the EQUIP options as it was requested and increases compatiblity with the Multi Equip.

icecold49

What i mean is i want the status, equip, and skill options to still be accessable from the main menu but when they are selected, i want it to only display the default screens for each menu. This is because I have an equipment skill system that is doesn't work with this CMS (you can't see the learning skill progress and when going to skill option, game crashes). Please help me. If you still don't understand, just tell me what else you need to know. Thank you.

Blizzard

I get what you mean. Simply calling the scene like the equip option, right? As I said, I already made it possible to call the default equip screen through the CMS. Expect an update to 5.2 tomorrow which will make that possible.

Starrodkirby86

I was first confused when I looked at the demo. I thought it to be exactly or virtually the same as the Nemisis version, but then I read the differences, and I also noticed the more lack of errors, which makes me more happy. This is a great edition, and I LURV it. <3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

icecold49

Ooops.  :-\ Forget about adding a default equip scene (unless you want to). I totally didn't see the part of the script that allowed the other equip menu. However, it still would be nice if I could make it so that it showed the default skill scene and status scene. Thanks again.

Blizzard

January 29, 2008, 07:39:59 am #16 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:27:22 am by Blizzard
As I said, it will make that possible, it's no problem. :) As soon as I check the new posts today, I will do that.

EDIT:

There you go.

icecold49

YES! Thank you Blizz. This is exactly what i needed. I haven't tried it out yet but i'm sure there shouldn't be any problems. Dis CMS is a KEEPER.

Calintz

Lol, agreed...He did a wonderful job on this script!!

Caro Ru Lushe

If I may Ask . . .

I sorta have a bit problem or my game:

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r3r3ddddd3tr3.png

I just want that the Image isn't blocked by their names. =X I want to move sorta move it a bit that won't block the Image itself. Where & what do I have to edit or to do for it? >_>;;