[XP] Tons of Add-ons

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

This is because in RMXP only one damage text can be displayed at the time. There isn't really a way around this except changing some of the fundamentals on how damage is handled and displayed.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nath

How difficult would it be to cancel the normal output and just do it manually? The only alternative I can think of is to just not display the SP healing at all.

Blizzard

Part 3 of the script, lines 370 and 371:

self.damage = 0 if self.damage == nil
        self.damage += dam

Just change them to:

#self.damage = 0 if self.damage == nil
        #self.damage += dam

You could also change them to this:

if self.damage == nil
          self.damage = 0 if self.damage == nil
          self.damage += dam
        end

This would show the SP gain only if there was no HP gain at the same time.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nath

Yeah, I've just commented out that bit, for now. While not ideal, it works in the game I'm working on right now, because everyone just constantly heals SP, every turn, so displaying the HP Regen is more important.

Thanks for the help!

Nath

Hey, so... it's me again, with another query.

How would I go about using the Custom Controls, but disabling just the movement part? I'd prefer just using the default movement, where pressing a new directional key overrides the old key, rather than having certain directions have priority over others.

Alternatively, making the movement work like that, but with custom controls, would be ideal... but I imagine that'd be way more work.

Thanks for the awesome scripts, anyway!  :clap:

Blizzard

It's not that simple. Instead of checking each button, the directional values would have to be checked separately and override the "current direction" each time. This will also cause problems with 8-directional movement and there's most likely no way to make it work properly.

Nath

Yeah. I figured it'd be difficult.

Is there a not-too-intense way to just disable the movement part of the Custom Controls and have the default stuff handle it? I haven't actually changed that part of the controls, anyway.

I first tried just commenting out the dir4 section, but that just disabled all movement. I then went about searching the default scripts, looking for where this happens normally. I figured maybe I'd just copy it over to the TONS script, but I've yet to find it.

Blizzard

1. Comment out dir4.
2. Add a module alias for update before self.update.
3. Call the aliased update method within self.update.

That might do the trick. I can't remember from the top of my head how to alias a module method, but Zeriab did it in his F12 fix so just dig it up.

KK20

How to do #2 and 3:

class << self
    alias call_orig_update update
  end

def self.update
     #...CODE IS HERE...
     call_orig_update
  end

The reason you can't find it in the original scripts is because module Input is hidden within the RGSS file. There are many classes like this that are hidden such as Window, Tilemap, Sprite, Bitmap, Plane, Viewport, Graphics...

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Yeah, that's how you do it.

Nath

Rad. That totally works. Thanks!

ShinoTakadora

Good day to all,

Animated Title from this collection crushed my game, when I try to on full screen. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Error contains: "Script Part 1 line 488: System StackError occurred. stack level too deep"

Blizzard

Firstly this: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html
Secondly make sure you don't have any duplicate scripts.

ShinoTakadora

Quote from: Blizzard on January 28, 2017, 02:14:47 pm
Firstly this: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html
Secondly make sure you don't have any duplicate scripts.

But I have only three parts of "Tons of Add-ons" above "Main" script and that's all.
Brand new empty project.

KK20

Line 488 on Tons of Add-ons is a comment line. Clearly you did some editing to the scripts.
Can you provide the scripts.rxdata file?

Other Projects

ShinoTakadora

January 28, 2017, 03:28:20 pm #955 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:39:51 pm by ShinoTakadora
Quote from: KK20 on January 28, 2017, 02:54:05 pm
Line 488 on Tons of Add-ons is a comment line. Clearly you did some editing to the scripts.
Can you provide the scripts.rxdata file?

I just copied all three parts of the script from "Download" section.
Also, I noticed something. When I have only part 1, the error is in line 488. But when I use all three parts, the error is in line 1328 of part 2.
Okaaay. I just install "F12 Pause", but there is no way to switch the game in full screen mode? :C

KK20

Can you just upload the scripts.rxdata

Other Projects

ShinoTakadora

Quote from: KK20 on January 28, 2017, 03:47:21 pm
Can you just upload the scripts.rxdata

Of course, but there is nothing special here. I don't even activate none of the scripts from "Tons of Add-ons" in this new project.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8d8g22v5v9f4z5c

KK20

I kinda expected that, when I inserted the scripts file into a new project and pressed run, I would have received an error message. But the game started fine.

Other Projects

Wraith89

Hi long time no talk  :^_^\':

I am having problem with one particular aspect in compatibility which is bugging me. So I use a modified Game_Battler 3 (the one by Xelias), and tailored it so most of the mechanics can be more interesting to make up for the lack of interesting ones in RMXP, and I am sure I put everything in the right order. But depending on where I put the script, some features bug out, while others work when I put the modified Game_Battler 3 elsewhere. In the end I decided on this order, because only one feature is bugged for me at the moment.

It is the Absorb HP/SP script, where it does its own thing, and ignores everything else I modified from Game_Battler 3. Namely it would break through MP Shield, and when one of my character uses it, its damage is incredibly wonky, with the multi-hit script by DerVVulfman it does 0 on multiple hits. Yeah it is weird. Do I need to fix anything in the absorb script to cater to Game_Battler_3? The Game_Battler 3 script is here

Thank you.