[RMXP]Have a Sprite? Need a Sprite? Take a Sprite. Leave a Sprite.

Started by Calintz, May 26, 2009, 12:49:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

[RMXP]Have a Sprite? Need a Sprite? Take a Sprite. Leave a Sprite.

Introduction

Hello faithful members of Chaos Project.

It just hit me, Lol. The resource section of most RMXP Forums are useful no doubt, but it does seem that 'most' of them do lack a thread that seems like it might be more useful than most(including CP). The way most forums present their resources, is to allow the members to post randomly, and leave all kinds of resources lying around for people to find. Instead, why don't we revolutionize the way Chaos Project does resourcing, and create one thread dedicated to random resources!? We'll call it ... "Have a Sprite? Need a Sprite? Take a Sprite. Leave a Sprite." Much like those nifty change cups at most convenient stores, this thread is designed to have what people need. :P.

Now I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't create new threads with your resources in them, and I'm not telling you to put character sprites that are unique to your main project in here either. The point of this thread is to drop off any resources that you think any project could excel if they contained. This could be anything from a diaper sprite, to a complete tileset. The choice and potential of this thread is up to us!!

This particular thread is sanctioned for masters of the RMXP engine like myself. I will create a parallel partner for the master of RMVX to use.

**The dream is that people who are looking for something specific can open this thread with high hopes, and leave without broken hearts ... Let's make it happen everybody!!

Instructions
So you have a contribution do you!? Well here's how to participate ... Make sure that the VERY FIRST post you make contains ALL of the resources that you plan to contribute. Please use individual spoilers to organize your material.

• Question - But what if I have more resources later!?

• Answer - USE THE EDIT BUTTON TO ADD THEM to YOUR 1st post. Then create new posts letting other members know of your update.

All credit to Calintz16438
Locker
Spoiler: ShowHide

Breakfast

Indoor Doors

Original Charaset001

Original Charaset002

Author's Notes
I know the it really seems like a pain to follow rules for posting resources, but I am hoping that we can really make a great resource thread by doing so. Rules are a small price to pay for greatness ...

King Munkey

Charsets
Koli: ShowHide

Weapons

Despair

Justice

All I ask is credit when used and to let me know what it is being used for.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Calintz

You use photoshop, right!?
You should eliminate the backs from those graphics so that people don't have to worry about them.

G_G

I believe he uses paint to sprite. I cant remember what he told me he used to sprite.

Calintz

Regardless ...
Upon finishing his piece, he could easily open the file PS, and extract the backdrop.

edit
I used to use paint a long time ago, and that is what I did.

G_G

Calintz

G_G

Ah see I never knew that. I'm not an expert in PS and only use it on rare occasions.

Calintz

Oh ... Well all you have to do is un-check the contiguous box under the magic wand's settings, and set the tolerance to '0.' Then you can select any pixel in the backdrop, and the magic wand will do just that ... It's magic. Then delete what the wand grabs.

Eliminating the backdrops from pixel art is probably the easiest thing around to do.

King Munkey

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

G_G

Quote from: Calintz16438 on May 26, 2009, 09:46:51 pm
Oh ... Well all you have to do is un-check the contiguous box under the magic wand's settings, and set the tolerance to '0.' Then you can select any pixel in the backdrop, and the magic wand will do just that ... It's magic. Then delete what the wand grabs.

Eliminating the backdrops from pixel art is probably the easiest thing around to do.

I know its off topic but I did just that but all it did was erase the background color. The backgruond is white and not transparent

King Munkey

Go to the layers panel, then right click the layer that says background, then click layer from background. It may be off topic but it actually could be helpful to those who would not know how to do that and want to post things.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Aqua

Wouldn't it be kinda troublesome to scroll through posts to see if any new person posted a resource?

Maybe everything thing could be put in the 1st and 2nd posts?
I'll be happy update those posts every few days... lol

Calintz

Well, I'm not gonna save everyone else's stuff and upload it.

Aqua

Lol there /is/ a way to steal image links you know... :P

Right click on image > Copy Image Address... TADA!

Calintz

I suppose, but then it still becomes MY responsibility to update this thread ...

Aqua

I offered to do it! XD

And...  Since Munk has the 2nd post... he can do some too :P

G_G

are recolors ok? if not for now I would only have one icon because thats my only custom resource made.

and what about franken sprites?

Calintz

Lol, if this thread actually goes anywhere then we can go for it.

@Game_Guy:
Of course they are okay.

Aqua

Another way to do it is to make this topic /only/ for posting resources... no discussion XD

Then people would only have to handle their own post of resources.

(Splitting a topic is fuuun)