Big Dreamers Recruite!

Started by computerwizoo7, June 19, 2009, 11:03:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

GAX

June 20, 2009, 04:31:04 pm #21 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 04:32:38 pm by Badou Nails
A lot of your shading and proportions are off in your art, you should really fine tune what you're doing.

Also, you probably have no idea how much advertisement can actually cost.  Most advertisements for "games" you see are either for games made for large companies (Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE), small games with a lot of funding (Adventure Quest, etc.), or scams (pokemononlinerpg.info).

A major factor in all this is funding.  Also, making a commercial RPG maker game is EXTREMELY difficult and in all honesty may not yield the results you want.  If you wanna make an independent commercial game, you should start small with simple projects to make a name for yourself, but work with your own base engine rather than RMXP (get yourself a few good programmers or start learning a little programming yourself on the side, there are plenty of online resources to do this for free).

Honestly best of luck, but if you're still a high school student you should really put more focus on your studies first and over ambitious projects such as this later.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

June 21, 2009, 06:20:28 am #22 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:27:27 am by Blizzard
Exactly what GAX said. Advertising costs a lot. And you can avoid paying for it if you make contracts with gaming portals. Sure, the game won't be getting really known or something, but it's a start. Besides the fact that big publishers won't even look at your game if you don't have some money behind it (i.e. if you paid $100000 for a UT engine license). And with that casual art of yours, you won't even get anything better even though I have seen BETTER casual art. That art isn't really good or something, but it's not meant to be anything special while from your art one can tell that you are trying to hard and fail horribly at making professional level art. You need to tune down your ambitions a bit or your will fail horribly because you don't have a chance without a reputation. And to build a reputation you need time and games. Casual gaming portals are most probably your best bet right now. There is no such thing as instant success in the gaming industry anymore. You want to become successful and you don't even know how the market basically works? Tststs. Failure to plan = Planned failure.

@LF: LMAO!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.