[XP] Custom Resolution

Started by ForeverZer0, November 25, 2010, 03:28:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

oh ya, for got about the test stuff, finals drove it right out of my head. I went a head and did that.

but got this error the prevented me from testing:
---------------------------
Project1
Script 'resolution' line 481: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass
OK   

that line reads
return $game_map.priority_data[$game_map.map_id][@x, @y] + z

this might have something to do with how I set up my maps considering where the error is. as such I'v uploaded the project files for you
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7934y4

good luck!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fjurio

I get this error:

Spoiler: ShowHide

The first time i forgot the screenshot.dll but now i placed it in the game folder and still get this error.

I copied the script in a new project and didnĀ“t chance anything.

ForeverZer0

I'll look into both problems. I still have a few minor bugs to work out, that's why I released it as v.0.9. I was hoping people using it could help me track a few down, so thanks for letting me know.

What's odd, though is that many get no errors, while others get a variety of different errors.

Here's what I will be likely changing before v.1.0:

• Have priority data load differently for each map.
  • Possibly write a script to provide the same feature as the screenshot.dll to avoid errors, incompatibility, and platform issues.
  • Fix a few other minor bugs I can't think of right now, and attempt to improve overall coding.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Ryex on December 14, 2010, 03:26:57 am
oh ya, for got about the test stuff, finals drove it right out of my head. I went a head and did that.

but got this error the prevented me from testing:
Project1
Script 'resolution' line 481: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass
OK   

that line reads
return $game_map.priority_data[$game_map.map_id][@x, @y] + z

this might have something to do with how I set up my maps considering where the error is. as such I'v uploaded the project files for you
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7934y4

good luck!

I was getting a similar error, so it's not unique to Ryex.

The Niche

Quote from: The Niche on December 13, 2010, 03:30:47 am
Quote from: The Niche on December 12, 2010, 09:58:27 am
Ok, I've got a probwem with the script. If I try to use it with BABS, it throws me an error, complaining about the pixel_rate in BABS part 3 being undefined for nil class.

Gah...I feel unloved...
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

ForeverZer0

@niche
Sorry, I will address that, too.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

The Niche

Aw, you're the best, Zero, *hugs*
*Not sucking up at all*
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

ForeverZer0

@ryex
I looked in to your problem and found the answer. For some reason the cached data for the start map was only for a map of 20 x 15, but it was actually 100 x 100. Probably from old data before you expanded the map, but was not overwritten. I simple erased the priority data from the Data folder, had it re-cache and it worked like a charm.
This is definitely another bug to work out (simple to fix) for the completed version. I'm glad you found it, though, thanks!  ;)

@niche
Gonna check out your problem next. I have been lazy and done nothing with RMXP the past few days.  :P

The Niche

Wizered67

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 17, 2010, 06:20:45 pm
@ryex
I'm glad you found it, though, thanks!  ;)

Hey, I've been having the same problem since the first page. lol.  :o

ForeverZer0

@wizered
Have you attempted re-pasting the script. I had downloaded your project, ran it, got the error. Before I bothered looking throught the script I re-copied the script into your project and it ran fine. Not sure what the copy-paste error was, I am not gonna bother comparing each script to find the difference, but it fixes your problem.  ;)

@BABS users:
I'm working on compatibility for BABS at the moment. Found a fix to the pixel_rate error, but found another right after it. I discovered that a blank map without a tileset will throw errors. Need to fix that now.  :P

ForeverZer0

December 17, 2010, 08:57:33 pm #52 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:00:44 am by ForeverZer0
Quote from: Wizered67 on December 17, 2010, 08:47:16 pm
Nevermind.

Then don't do it.  I just did it and it fixes your problem.  I thought that's what you wanted.  Silly me.

EDIT:
Anyways, updated the script to 0.92 (getting there...)
I added some compatibility fixes for BABS. It is by no means 100% compatible with every feature as of yet, but should at least allow for you to play the game without it crashing. I've yet to go through and make fixes for screen centering, ABSEAL sprite size, etc.

I already have a bunch of fixes made for a lot of common scripts that I was going to post in another thread so that you could simply use the ones you needed, but alas, the 403 Error, my arch-nemeisis at CP, remains a worthy adversary and will not allow me to share it with all of you.   :(

Blizzard

December 18, 2010, 05:44:19 am #53 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:56:45 pm by Blizzard
F0, email me the whole post. I can try to update your first post instead.

EDIT: There you go.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

<3

And I mean this in as heterosexual way as I can:  :-*, you sexy man.

WhiteRose

Hmm, I'm having a rather unusual issue. The game runs if I launch it from the Game.exe executable as administrator (I'm running Windows 7,) but if I either launch it not as an admin, or from the RMXP program, it crashes before drawing the title screen. Has anyone else run into this problem?

ForeverZer0

December 18, 2010, 04:58:32 pm #56 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 05:02:11 pm by ForeverZer0
Quote from: WhiteRose on December 18, 2010, 04:52:48 pm
Hmm, I'm having a rather unusual issue. The game runs if I launch it from the Game.exe executable as administrator (I'm running Windows 7,) but if I either launch it not as an admin, or from the RMXP program, it crashes before drawing the title screen. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Is it a "no implicit conversion from Nil to Integer" error?
If it does happen to be this, try moving the "Resolution.new" line to different places and see if it helps. I kept getting this error myself before. The problem is with the transitions. The resolution needs to be changed before any call is made for a transition, else it will crash. I think something in BTEST or DEBUG makes a call or something, I haven't looked that deep into it as of yet, since I found a temporary fix, but this will be fixed before version 1.0. At least I hope that's the error you are getting...

EDIT: I also just noticed that autotiles aren't updating in the newest version. Oops.
        Guess that needs fixed now, too.  :???:

Agckuu Coceg

Hm, that's a good point, FZ. At the present moment already it is possible to name your system very and of very outstanding. By the way, the small demand in regard to this: it is possible create the compatibility of this system with scripts used old Tilemap class, like this Tileset Animator?

http://www.4shared.com/file/ls4NPAMJ/Tileset_Animator.html

I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

ForeverZer0

December 19, 2010, 02:48:00 am #58 Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:03:23 am by ForeverZer0
Making it compatible could be done easily. I believe you would only need to add a "@tilemap.refresh " near the end of the update method to call it when the tilemap bitmap is changed.

I would advise against that script, even for the default Tilemap script, though. You may has well just re-label the script to "LAG". It takes quite a bit for the entire game map to be re-drawn every 10 frames. I wouldn't have a window be re-drawn that often if not neccessary, let alone the tilemap.

EDIT: I also fixed bug with autotiles in newest version. I forgot a lone little "if" as a condition for a "next", therefore it would always "next" to the next iteration and not store data.

EDIT2:
Alright, I did the following:
  • Did some overall coding improvements.
  • Fixed possible error that could occur if transition occurs before resolution is initialized.
  • Fixed possible error that could occur if log file tried to be created when the data file was not present.
  • Changed the Resolution module to a class. Now uses a global variable to create an instance, which can also double as a plug-in variable for other scripts to check for its presence.

I ALSO UPLOADED A DEMO

This should be helpful for those who are still having issues with it not working at all. If the demo just flat doesn't work, the only problem it can be is some type of PC setting or something. This doesn't neccessarily mean that it can't be fixed, though. If you still encounter problems with the game running using the demo, please still report it and I can attempt to find a way around it.

123th

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 19, 2010, 02:48:00 am
Making it compatible could be done easily. I believe you would only need to add a "@tilemap.refresh " near the end of the update method to call it when the tilemap bitmap is changed...

Spoiler: ShowHide
mmm... yes, lag as result, but no animation.  :wacko: