[XP] Nortos CMS(s) v1.1.1 (My first Script) Credit to Nortos and Silentwalker

Started by Nortos, January 11, 2008, 06:17:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

I took a bit of time looking at his scripts and I do see the similiarities :( I didn't have time earlier, but Leon does point out some good things I think maybe that guy may of copied...and if so I'm sorry I didn't know how he gave me that info I mean I had never seen one of his scripts, if Silent wants I can delete it, only a CMS I'm not to worried whatever he wants I don't mind

Calintz

No...don't delete it.
You've been proven more towards the innocent side by Blizz.
I'm not saying anything bad about the ppl who thought you may have been copying, and of course I don't know the truth, but you WILL not delete YOUR CMS until a moderator tells you to do so. Personally, I really like the layout and what not of that particular CMS.

Nortos

it's only a CMS I aint too worried I'll let Silent have the say...I could do another in like 2hrs these days with better options and less lag but I'm doing my physics essay atm >.>

Calintz

February 01, 2008, 08:28:36 pm #43 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 08:32:29 pm by Calintz16438
.....DON'T DELETE IT.....
By giving in the way you are, and by the choice of words you're using, you really make it seem like you kinda did take it, and that you're trying to make appease without letting everyone know. I don't care if it's just a CMS and you can make a better one. If you made this all by yourself, then you have no reason to delete it..... >> Keep it

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

LMFAO!!
I try to sound big and bad and back him up, and I'm trying to become a decent scripter, yet I don't even know the syntax for the Main RMXP forum that I use!! :naughty:

Nortos

I only wrote that because of CP's rep I do care a bit if my CMS is deleted but I can see how everyone thinks it may be copied and I don't want to give CP a bad name when it's such a great forum, and also It's only a CMS as well, you're just developing your CMS now Calintz but this one's been around for a bit and after a while it's just like ehh I could do better but why should I bother when there's better CMS's like moghunters and Blizz's

Calintz

Just because, it shows your stages of developement, tha allows other members to see how far you have come. Besides, that IS NOT A BAD CMS. It's pretty darn good for the lvl which you claimed to be when you made it.

Silentwalker

I'm not calling you liar..
Don't delete this menu, just give me some credits...

Let's forget this, we're should be friends, this is not a competition, we're here to make games, friends, and have a good time xD

Nortos

k if that's what you want I'm cool and I'm sorry it does seem a lot like yours I don't mind giving credit and I hope this doesn't give you a bad impression to this community *editing first post now*

Leon_Westbrooke

Now that everyone is getting along, i would like to say that the additiosn to this script are nice.  You both did a good job with it.

Calintz

OH YEAH!!
Well MY >>CALINTZ16438'S<< CMS is gonna blow these puny CMS's into oblivion!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

But really, I think it'll be alright... :)

Nortos

I can't be bothered doing more :P my next release script will probably be a new battle system layout

Spoofus

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Nortos

Spoofus

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Fantasist

QuoteDon't delete this menu, just give me some credits...

Let's forget this, we're should be friends, this is not a competition, we're here to make games, friends, and have a good time xD

I don't see why Silent should be credited here :/ But if you guys are cool, it's fine :)

Man, I wasn't here for 2 days and so much has happened. And I could've bet my life on Nortos being innocent. And just as a matter of fact Silent, the speed of moving windows will be almost same for any scripter, because it's the optimum speed which looks good to the eyes. Heck, I'm reviving the fight (OMG! Hits self with a large club). Both of you did a great job with your CMSes, I hope you'll become good scripters :)

PS: Nortos, Blizzy said that your code is a lot larger. I recommend you keep backup of all your versions. Because when you get better, it'll be fun to compare the old codes with the new ones, believe me. It'll be really satisfying for a scripter ;)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

yeah ty I'll look at keeping backup versions though my folders r already crowded :( and I don't mind to share the credit I can see the similiarities, oh and spoofus I'm still mixing around with it not sure fully about it yet so wont send it yet sorry

Fantasist

So, looking forward to your next layout and awesome features :D

You know what? I have a half-finished CMS which is a mockup of STCMS (in terms of layout). I planned to name it 'STCMS Lite' in the beginning. I've put that on hold back then, and I'm glad I did, because I've just looked at the code recently, and there's already a lot of scope for improvement.

To Nortos: ShowHide
Hey, I'm on a crunch and I'm about to leave to somewhere in a few seconds, I'll be inactive for about a week. I'll be glad if you can cover up for me, just tell people I'm inactive for a week and ask them to wait. Of course, I'm not that popular, but just in case. And only if you can, don't take it upon yr self to do it. gtg buddy, bye :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

To Fantasist: ShowHide
That's cool and have a good time :) I'll tell pple you'll be gone and you'll be missed :) I'll try and support the forum a bit more with questions in time your gone :) have fun