Recent posts

Pages 1 ... 8 9 10
Script Requests / Re: [RMXP] Revive Item
Last post by KK20 - February 14, 2021, 03:17:40 pm
You can also think of it as being preparation for when you know your ally is going to fall that turn and you can immediately revive them (that's where slower actors tend to show their worth).

In any case, this should suffice:
class Game_Party
  alias check_for_0hp_use item_can_use?
  def item_can_use?(item_id)
    result = check_for_0hp_use(item_id)
    return result unless [5,6].include?($data_items[item_id].scope)
    result && $game_party.actors.any? { |actor| actor.hp0? }
  end
end
Script Requests / [RMXP] Revive Item
Last post by PrinceEndymion88 - February 14, 2021, 01:05:40 pm
Hi, in RMXP when I create a Revive item (Tools -> Database -> Items -> Scope -> One Ally (HP 0) or All allies (HP 0)) it can be used in battle also when no characters have 0 HP. It makes no sense... Is it possible to disable "revive items" from the item menu when no characters with 0 HP are available?

Thanks in advance :)
General Discussion / Re: Canvas Bug - How Do I Get ...
Last post by Heretic86 - February 13, 2021, 02:59:17 pm
Hmm, odd, but that did seem to fix it.

I guess when I changed the width and height, it also resets the imageSmoothingEnabled property?
General Discussion / Re: Canvas Bug - How Do I Get ...
Last post by KK20 - February 13, 2021, 02:41:01 pm
I'd take a look at imageSmoothingEnabled. While you do have a couple lines disabling its usage, the tiles are still being smoothed out rather than using nearest-neighbor.
General Discussion / Canvas Bug - How Do I Get Rid ...
Last post by Heretic86 - February 13, 2021, 01:13:57 pm
It drives me crazy when I keep having to put things down for months at a time and try to pick it back up again later and forget everything I had in my head while working on it...

Active page that is a Work In Progress where I am having my issue:
http://www.webucate.me/canvas/canvas.html

Now that I have a bit of time to play around with this again.  I am sure if you look you can pretty easily figure out what I am doing here.

Issues are related to the Scale.  When I set the Scale to 2:1 (or 200%) I am ending up with VERTICAL SEAMS between my Tiles.

What do I need to do to get rid of that SEAM when zoomed in?

All Javascript so you can simply Right Click and View Source.  I did split off the Scrollbars class in a separate file, but that seems to work ten shades of great (*proud*).

Im sure the bug is in function drawLayersToCanvas(), just confused because I am not using Floats and my coordinates are whole numbers...

Suggestions?
Chat / Re: Beware of scams like this....
Last post by Blizzard - February 11, 2021, 05:40:39 am
Yeah. They technically haven't become more savvy. The thing with the hidden URL has been around for a while.
General Discussion / Re: RGSS Reverse and Refine
Last post by Blizzard - February 11, 2021, 05:36:39 am
Haha, I actually worked on libtheoraplayer. You can still see me being a contributer on github https://github.com/AprilAndFriends/theoraplayer/graphs/contributors . The version used in in VXA integrated the older version which Kresimir started by himself initially. I only joined in on development a bit later. I actually did the majority of API refactoring for v2.x.
Kresimir used to be one of the 3 owners of Cateia Games and I worked for 10 years for Cateia until later 2018. Cateia was sold to Russian mobile giant Playrix last year and rebranded as Playrix Croatia.

But yeah, IIRC RMXP was C-only. I think they might have used C++ on VX and evidently VXA does have C++ code.
Troubleshooting / Help / Re: [XP] Skill Names that are ...
Last post by Makoto77 - February 11, 2021, 02:14:21 am
I'm using the default skill window, but the text that goes beyond the character limit doesn't appear squished (which is good ofc)
Thank you very much.
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] Blizz-ABS
Last post by KK20 - February 11, 2021, 12:17:07 am
For reference, here's an example weapon sprite: https://imgur.com/PlrVVVN
Courtesy of this topic: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,6563.msg179676.html#msg179676

In each animation cell (96x96 in this example), assume your character graphic is standing right in the very middle of it. This is what the manual means by "Weapon sprites are not displayed like characters sprites, they are centered around the character sprite."

Meanwhile, your character _atk sprites are displayed like any other character sprites. In other words, if you were to make a map event use the _atk spritesheet as its graphic, and have Stop Animation toggled, it should look normal (in all directions, if that needed to be mentioned).

With that said, I'm not sure what spriters do to their workspace to make this process more streamlined, like how they ensure the weapon sprites will be perfectly centered on the character.
Troubleshooting / Help / Re: [XP] Skill Names that are ...
Last post by KK20 - February 10, 2021, 11:23:16 pm
class RPG::Skill
  alias use_database_skill_name name
  def name
    return case self.id
    #=====================
    # Begin config here
    #=====================
    when 1 then 'Ultra-Divine Healing Magic Given by the Gods to a Mere Mortal'
    # when ID then 'Your Skill Name'

#=====================
    # End config
    #=====================
    else use_database_skill_name
    end
  end
end
You can basically follow this kind of template for all the other RPG:: classes and their methods.

Just note that, if you're trying to write the skill name in a small area, your text will get squished and be difficult to read and/or chopped off. The character limit the database uses probably assumed usage of the default skill window.
Pages 1 ... 8 9 10