Windows 7 Theme Utilities

Started by G_G, January 30, 2012, 02:05:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 30, 2012, 02:05:55 am Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:45:20 pm by game_guy

This threads all about collecting and sharing utilities to customize your look and feel of Windows 7 in any aspect possible. If you have any tools you'd like to share, please post and I'll be sure it gets added to the thread.

Universal Theme Patcher

This program allows you to install 3rd party themes that basically can skin any aspect of Windows 7. Its a fantastic tool and can make your Windows 7 look visually appealing. Face it, that old aero look can start to get old. This supports Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
More info and download.
Visual Styles for Windows 7

UxStyle (posted by NAMKCOR)

A tool that tricks the system. It allows you to use visual themes without the patching process. Probably a lot safer than Universal Theme Patcher.
More info and download.
Visual Styles for Windows 7
Alternate Download (Provided by NAMKCOR)

Windows 7 Start Orb Changer v4

There really isn't anything to explain other than this changes the start orb in the lower left corner. Its a pretty simple program.
More info and download.
Windows 7 Start Orbs

7CONIFIER

This program is probably the easiest way to change programs icons in the taskbar and start menu. With icon packs already pre-packed with the program, you can easily change the style of your icons. The program easily allows you to create new packs and choose which applications to target.
QuoteA while ago I became interested in changing the icons on my Windows 7 Taskbar. Unfortunately I had to do it manually which required a lot of work. After much blood, sweat and tears I decided it was time for a change. It was time to create 7CONIFIER.

7CONIFIER is a tool is capable of changing all your taskbar and start menu icons in a single click (and key press)! All you need to do is select the package you would like to use and hit "Apply".

More info and download.

Logon Screen

This nifty program lets you change the background of the logon screen. Or the "Welcome" screen on startup.
More info and download.

Win 7 Nav Buttons Customizer

This awesome tool lets you change the navigation buttons you find throughout Windows 7. Explorer window, control panel, even IE (if you use it).
More info and download.

Network Activity Indicator

Remember back in XP how it had that lovely network graph displaying network activity? This tool brings the functionality back to Windows 7. Giving you details and usage for your network.
More info and download.

Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer

Now you can customize the default icons displayed in your Icon Tray. You can change the Network, Wifi, Action Center, and Volume Icons.
More info and download.

Windows 7 Boot Updater

This tool allows you to change the generic boot skin for Windows 7. The tool allows you to change the animation and text.
More info and download.
Windows 7 Boots

Winlaunch (Found by Tuggernuts)

Its a launchpad for Windows 7 cloned from Mac OS X. Its an extremely easy to use tool and definitely a time save. The GUI is simplistic and nice looking.
More info and download.

Theme Manager for Windows 7 (posted by ForeverZer0)

With this tool, managing themes for Windows 7 hasn't been easier. I've only just discovered this and I'm already in love with it. Thanks ForeverZer0 for the find. I honestly don't know how I missed this.
More info and download.

Classic Shell (Found by Tuggernuts)

Miss some of the old Windows XP nostalgia? Classic Shell restores quite a few features missed from classic operating systems.
More info and download.

Wallpapers

Wallbase (posted by NAMKCOR) - A fantastic wallpaper site. After browsing for a few minutes, its definitely a great source for wallpapers.
4Walled - Another great wallpaper site. A lot more simpler than Wallbase but its still another great source.

Thats about it for now. If you happen to run into any tools or utilities, post them here and I'll add them to the list! Hopefully this'll help a few people out when it comes to customizing their Windows 7 experience.

stripe103

Universal theme patcher I've used a long time.
WinLaunch though, is now installed :)

Blizzard

Changed my boot screen with Windows 7 Boot Updater. :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

As long as the list proves some usefulness! :D

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

Thanks F0, I dunno how I missed this tool but its awesome. Added it to the post. :)

tSwitch

January 30, 2012, 11:24:44 pm #6 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:45:15 pm by NAMKCOR
I suggest http://uxstyle.com/ rather than a patcher, it's a service that fools windows into thinking that styles are signed.  It's safer to use than a patcher imho.

edit: also wallbase.net is the best wallpaper site ever, jftr.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

G_G

The download url seems to be broken. Definitely sounds way better than patching. Going to add both of those to the first post.

tSwitch

January 30, 2012, 11:57:15 pm #8 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:59:25 pm by NAMKCOR
That's really weird, let me see if I've got the installation exe laying around somewhere.

edit: try here

G_G

Added wallpapers category, added two wallpaper sites. Also added Classic Shell which restores some classic Windows XP features.

tSwitch

Also, if you want to remove the W7 branding from the login screen, try this utility.

Blizzard

Is there any download that doesn't involve Softonic? I hate that thing. :/

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

January 31, 2012, 12:40:07 pm #12 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:50:12 pm by NAMKCOR
I'll mirror it.

DropBox Mirror

Blizzard

G_G

Updated link. Also, stickied. It seems the majority of the people here have Windows 7.

GAX

I use Custopack Tools for Windows 7, just if you wanna add another.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.