Request for a Script for RMXP - Temporary Battle Self Switches

Started by Heretic86, May 01, 2012, 05:02:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Title should be self explanitory.  Just looking for a way to do Self Switches using $game_temp during Battle (in the DB, under the Troops Page where Eventing takes place), so being Temporary, its fine if they reset the next time that battle starts against the same Troop.  Its just something to make battles a bit more interesting.  I dont think a script exists yet.

Can someone do this without too much effort?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

LiTTleDRAgo

class Scene_Battle
  attr_accessor :switch
  alias drg129_main main unless method_defined?(:drg129_main)
  def main
    @switch = Game_Switches.new
    drg129_main
  end
end

Heretic86

Is there any way that we can use "Control Self Switch: A = [On / Off] in Battle?  I think I should have phrased my question more clearly...   :shy:
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Heretic86

Awesome Possum!  Exactly what I was hoping for!  Need to test it out, but I'll report back later, need to do some work around the house.

Something else that I think happens quite a bit with Scripters and Coders in General.  Too many times, they tend to be "thankless" as people just expect those with talent to abide by every script request that comes along, and many a times, when those requests are fulfilled, the Scripters who may have spent quite a bit of time on even short scripts are never truly thanked by those who use those scripts.

So, thank you!  And I mean that sincerely!
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

Heretic86

Edit *removed*

Seems to work perfect!  Had a small glitch, but fixed that.  Still had the original 8 line script in a modified ATB, I forgot to pull that out, so it seems to work fantastic!
Current Scripts:

Current Demos: