My amazing fanfictions!

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, February 10, 2014, 01:58:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

QuoteAdventure/Romance

Quotethen he tried to come take a bite out of my bromeat and I was all like wtf again and said "dude whoa bro off limits" and he said "okay sorry my bad"

That's not the romance, is it? D:

Spaceman McConaughey

I cannot confirm or deny that, sorry.

WhiteRose

This website.... No wonder Fan Fiction has an awful rep. I've never seriously looked into it before, but I have at times thought that an excellent writer with a deep knowledge of a game universe could pull off some worth-while writing, such as perhaps a well-done novelization of the original game story or an exploration of an unresolved facet of the story. (After playing through FFVII a few years ago, I myself toyed with the idea of writing a short story about Jessie, a very minor character who still shows some depth in the game by expressing an unreturned interest in Cloud and eventually meeting a tragic death. Probably not something that I'd do now, but it isn't a terrible idea.)

But this stuff.... I went to "Games" and chose the work with the highest reviews, and it was appallingly bad. Bad spelling, bad grammar, bad representation of the characters, bad grasp of game lore.... I have nothing against the author, of course, but I do now finally understand why the mention of Fan Fiction makes people want to vomit. And makes me think of this.

Spaceman McConaughey

You don't like my work of art? ;-;

WhiteRose

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on February 10, 2014, 02:32:51 am
You don't like my work of art? ;-;

My comment was actually on the FanFiction.net website in general, not your particular story. Yours had its own unique flavor which I'll admit doesn't quite fit into the category I described. It's quite a category all on its own....

Spaceman McConaughey

Yay! :D

I am a literary genius. I know, I know... you want my autograph, don't you? :3

SBR*

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 10, 2014, 02:24:50 am
This website.... No wonder Fan Fiction has an awful rep. I've never seriously looked into it before, but I have at times thought that an excellent writer with a deep knowledge of a game universe could pull off some worth-while writing, such as perhaps a well-done novelization of the original game story or an exploration of an unresolved facet of the story. (After playing through FFVII a few years ago, I myself toyed with the idea of writing a short story about Jessie, a very minor character who still shows some depth in the game by expressing an unreturned interest in Cloud and eventually meeting a tragic death. Probably not something that I'd do now, but it isn't a terrible idea.)

But this stuff.... I went to "Games" and chose the work with the highest reviews, and it was appallingly bad. Bad spelling, bad grammar, bad representation of the characters, bad grasp of game lore.... I have nothing against the author, of course, but I do now finally understand why the mention of Fan Fiction makes people want to vomit. And makes me think of this.

I'll just leave this here.