[RESOLVED] Using large event graphics

Started by Seox, March 28, 2009, 09:26:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seox

March 28, 2009, 09:26:21 pm Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:40:44 am by Seox
Hiya. I have a vehicle system which I want to implement, but the problem lies within the size of the vehicle sprites. They are made for RMXP, and are made for events, yet when I select which sprite to use, it is so large a selection that it ends up taking 3 different car's hoods, and only 1/3 of the body. I have no idea how I'd make that work, and that's IF I can make it use only ONE sprite. I couldn't line three events up (could I?) because, in theory, if you went around a corner with 1/3 behind, wouldn't it get caught up and look very strange, graphically? I can tell event (middle 1/3 of car) to follow the front 1/3, and the back to follow the middle, but it seems like they'd each move up in turn, over the course of a second, instead of all together.

LOOOONG story short, how do I make a picture that SEEMS too large for an event graphic, yet is meant for one, work?
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)

Aqua

Just look at the RTP monsters; most of them bigger than default.

Just align your car to one of those.

G_G

Post the graphic and I'll realign it for you if you want

Seox

Thank you both ^_^

I figured it out. Apparently, it functions as a proportion of the entire sheet. Meaning, if you just use the same size and make the sheet bigger, then spread them out more, it works perfectly.
... (<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TEH DOTS OF DOOM. Hey, kinda catchy. :naughty:)