[C#] RGB2Hex

Started by ForeverZer0, October 29, 2011, 12:08:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

October 29, 2011, 12:08:40 am Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:13:41 pm by ForeverZer0
RGB2Hex
Authors: ForeverZer0
Version: 1.2
Type: Color Converter/Picker

Introduction

This is a basic little app I made some time ago, and just rediscovered on my harddrive. It simply converts color RGB values to hexadecimal ones and vice-versa. There are many little added features that make it quite handy, hence I decided to post it up and share it.

Features

• Easily converts values between their RGB and hexadecimal values

• Support for alpha channel

• Integrated color picker that allows you to simply click a color anywhere on the screen to pick/convert it

• Integrated color wheel to choose your color from

• Ability to automatically add prefixes to hexadecimal values (#- and 0x-)

• Ability to insert various separators between RGB values, as well as surrounding in parenthesis

• "Copy to Clipboard" button for easy pasting into whatever you need

• Toggle to enable an "always on top" feature to keep the window from being hidden

Screenshots

Convert RGB to Hex: ShowHide

Convert Hex to RGB: ShowHide

Download

RGB2Hex.exe (213 KB)

Compatibility

Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Fantasist

October 29, 2011, 04:12:09 am #1 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:14:17 am by Fantasist
QuoteToggle to enable an "always on top" feature to keep the window from being hidden

Wow, I was going to suggest you add that feature, but you thought this through. Nice work. Thanks for sharing! *powers up*

EDIT:

When using capture, could you make the color box in the program to update which color is selected when the mouse button is pressed down? Sort of like the PS color picker.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

ForeverZer0

I can do that, in fact, I'm not sure why I didn't already have it like that. Thanks for the tip, Fant, I'll make quick edit later on.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Fantasist

Cool, waiting for the next update :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

ForeverZer0

Alrighty, I updated it.

Changelog:

• Added functionality to view the color under the cursor when moving it around in capture mode

• Created and added a different cursor for capture mode that, in my opinion, is a little easier to select pixels with

Fantasist

G_G

Hey! I released mine first! :V here

I actually enjoy yours much, much better. Nice job F0!

Fantasist

You released that when I was away, I guess I missed it. I checked it out and it's nice, but it's too big. :P I like the sliders though.

G_G

Yeah which is why I like F0's more. Its definitely way more compact.