Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

Nortos CMS Pic/Map Edition
Authors: Nortos, Silentwalker, Blizzard
Version: 1.1.1
Type: CMS's
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction

The two CMS's is one is an animated windows with map as background and other is non animited CMS with a customizable background. It also has load implemented into the menu where as the default menu system doesn't.

Features

• Animated Windows (for Map Edition)
  • Changable Background (for Pic Edition)
  • Map as background (for map Edition)
  • Load command
  • Help Window
  • Location Window
  • Icons

Updates
Pic Edition
v1.0.1 made health bars more central and changed it to BG_Pic to make it easier
v1.1.1 Added Icons to menu

Map Edition
v1.0.1 made health bars more central
v1.1.1 Placed icons on menu and made them animated with windows

To Do List

• Combine the two CMS's into one
  • Make new item, skill, load, save, exit, and equipment scenes

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

::D is the Pic edition

Spoiler: ShowHide

::D is the Map edition

Demo

Pic Edition

Map Edition

Script

Get them from the demoes.

Instructions

Place below scene debug and above main, to keep bars remember to also place Blizzard's Addons and CRLS and scene_Soul Rage.
To change the picture background or icons in pic edition just save your picture into the pictures folder or for menu icons into ur icons folder and than go to line 13 to change BG_Pic "(Your pic goes here)" or for any icons they're just below this with their names being like BG_gold, BG_Location, BG_item to change the icon you want for that.

Compatibility

No issues known at the present time.

Credits and Thanks

• Nortos and Silentwalker for CMS
  • Blizzard for the bars (Also if you use default Image as Blizzard made it in the Pic Edition)
  • Nortos and Blizzard if use default icons
  • Thanks to Fantasist for helping me with lots of scripting info
  • Thanks to Blizzard and Zeriab for being such great scripters to try and aspire to
  • Thanks to Blizzard for his scripting e-book
  • Thanks to Zeriab for his regular expression tute

Author's Notes

Today I completed my first script(s), I hope you guys like them, ones just an easy edit of the other.

Fantasist

Really good Nortos :)

Quick suggestions:

QuoteTo change the picture background in pic edition just save your picture into the pictures folder and then in my menu script go to line 192 and replace "Blizz paper.png" with "Your picture"

instead, you could use constants in the script's config section. Like this:

BG_Pic = 'Blizz Paper.png'

and in line 192, just replace Blizz Paper.png with BG_Pic.

And why don't you try to merge the two CMSes? It's simple, just use 'if's and you're almost done.

PS: Um, how about a non-megaupload download?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

Nortos

January 12, 2008, 12:11:27 am #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 01:31:26 am by Nortos
yeah I was gonna do the merge soon :P but I still need to learn more and ty for compliments :) Oh and woot it got moved into database :D. Also about merge it'll be hard because in two different editions the windows r placed in different spots to animate them because one is and one isn't and in the pic edition windows opactive = 0 that's how it looks cool :P
EDIT: I put up sendspace uploads for u for now though I'm probably gonna update this in couple hrs

Juan

@Nortos Interesting menu looks good. I think I might be able to merge the two menus/help you.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

January 12, 2008, 02:10:19 am #5 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:11:14 am by Nortos
I don't mind if it's a hassle it's ok cos would be good exp for me, I'm doing icons atm

Sally

Nortos

I meant icons as in icons on the menu :P scripting it in not spriting atm

Galatea

Wow, ill use that. Your on my credit list, GJ!

Nortos

January 12, 2008, 04:22:21 am #9 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 05:08:53 am by Nortos
ty :) also I'm gonna update it soon, got icons working now just gonna make it all one script shouldn't be too hard
EDIT: Read pm Fantasist

Fantasist

Read PM Nortos :)

Another hint: You could use the .blt method in the window's bitmap instead of sprites.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Nortos

January 12, 2008, 06:49:23 pm #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:02:46 am by Nortos
what's the .btl method? still learning sooo much I'm :P, also this'll hopefuly get updated tonight into one scritp and icons working on both versions
EDIT: Update map edition v1.1.1 out icons working, couldn't make it into one script though there were errors with other scripts I wasn't even touching :( I'll combine them when I learn more though the practise helped me and I get the switches activating scripts

Fantasist

the .blt method of the bitmap class, 'block transfer', which replaces a rectangle in the destination bitmap with a source bitmap. The destination bitmap will be the command window's 'contents' (self.contents is a bitmap) and the source bitmap will be the icon's bitmap (RPG::Cache.icon('icon_name'))

Forgot the stuff about the battleback stretch edit I made for you ;)

Nortos

January 13, 2008, 05:10:12 am #13 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:10:54 am by Nortos
ohhh ok :P hmm yeah I get it I'll probably not update it untill it can help it with something else as sprites work fine for now... :P
EDIT: Btw I got like 4ish futurustic battlebacks I got just for u :) I'll upload them soon still looking for more on a game

Fantasist

Wow, thanks a bunch dude :D

You release the sprite version and work on the bitmap version. It could be tricky to animate the icons there.

Nortos

yeah I thought so sprites r pretty easy to animated but I not sure about bitmap I'll have a look when I get time

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

:P what does it do I want to learn more about blt's using some in my icon actor command

Calintz

Uhh...
You encrypted the damn archive again Nortos!!  :P

I can't see the script. I'm trying to learn how to script, and I wan't to make a CMS also for my first script, so I like seeing how others make theirs.

Blizzard

How about you simply zip the folder together, Nortos? -_-
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.