[XP] Blacksmith System (New Configuration Program!)

Started by ForeverZer0, April 21, 2010, 04:50:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninjason

I'd have one too:

At the moment it is just possible to build Weapons/Armors with items.

How about inserting weapons and armors into the creationprocess?

Like "steel sword" (weapon) + "Gold" (Item) = Gold Sword?

By that you could enhance Weapons...
there's only one Ninja an these are the scripts he currently uses:
* Easy Party Switcher by Blizzard (v2.43b)
* Universal Message System (v1.8.0) by Ccoa
* Active-Time-Battle by MakirouAru
* Catergorized Items Menu (v1.3) by albertfish
* Law's Custom Equipment Screen (v2.?) by The Law G14
* Advanced Shop Status Window (v2.0) by RPG Advocate, edited by Fantasist
* Blacksmith Shop (v2.0) by ForeverZer0
* Quest Log System (v3.0) by game_guy
* Enemy HP & MP Bars by Asandril
* Map Location (v1.0) by Hunter x
* Switch Checker by Night_Runners (made for me specifically)
* Redd's TitleIcons by Redd
* Journal (v2.4) by ForeverZer0
* Drago Smooth Scroller (v2.02) by LiTTleDRAgo

ForeverZer0

Yeah, I was planning on icluding some sort of "enchant" feature. Maybe use items such as gems or whatever to add state and element efficiency to a weapons and armors. For example, you enchant a steel sword with a "Fire Stone", and it gains fire efficiency. The current system could allow for this, but I would like to make it so that you are not forced to create a bunch of weapons and armors that it has to change to. Just have the system keep track of what pieces have been enchanted with what, and have the system create the actual weapons/armors in the database.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Taiine

December 22, 2010, 03:41:08 pm #22 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:51:57 pm by Taiine
I'm waiting for this to be fixed up. This honestly looks to be a lot better then the system I had in place. My game don't use gear per say, but rather status stones that boost stats (only yeah that is technically still gear >.>;;;) and some of the bigger improved items can only be crafted. I was doing an event that if player has this and that in invatory option to make new item. Big BIG messy event. This looks much more clean.

Only thing is, when it comes it extracting, it lists every item rather you can extract from it or not, how about it just list items you can extract? Perhaps also a setting for items that when crafted, can't be reextracted?

Ninjason

I'll second that - some crafted Items should not be able to be deconstructed.

Ninjason

I have another one:

How about a function to deconstruct more than 1 (eg: Iron sword) if you have more than one in stock?

SBR*

I have never leveled you up for this, Zero! My bad :D. Maybe I didn't level up in these days yet? Ah, w/e... Anyway, I will level you up now for the making, and might level you again for the remaking later :D.

Cya :urgh:!

ForeverZer0

It's been slow-going over the holiday week here, but I do have the base system finished.  Still need to tweak it a little bit and re-write the scene. I will include a way to multi-forge and multi-extract if player's item quantities permit and remove the limitation on number of items that will display on-screen, etc.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

mroedesigns

Awesome script! Can't wait for the re-release

ForeverZer0

Might be little longer than I first thought. I got too many things going on as it is that are unfinished. I can't seem to find the spare time to get what I want to do done.

Be patient though, I promise I will release it sometime in the near future.

Taiine

/sits and waits for update
/grabs popcorn
/throws in movie

ForeverZer0

Sorry, I've been caught up working on a C# project that's taking a longer than expected. When its done I'll likely start do this. I've been having a hard time getting into RGSS anymore, it's kind of losing my interest, but I'll be updating a few last things before I officially call it quits "retire" as Blizz did.

Taiine

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on February 06, 2011, 01:31:32 am
Sorry, I've been caught up working on a C# project that's taking a longer than expected. When its done I'll likely start do this. I've been having a hard time getting into RGSS anymore, it's kind of losing my interest, but I'll be updating a few last things before I officially call it quits "retire" as Blizz did.

Nooo.. Man all the good scripters are poofing it seems... leaving behind a lot of immature people who don't know a script from an event. :(

Blizzard

Yeah, it's a bit of a tricky situation. Most people with some skill simply move on.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Futendra

Howd you make the Splash screen?

Ninjason

Sorry, I'm not meaning to "bump" this, as I think, bumping is quite impolite but I'm seriously concerned, that you might scrap this whole post at some point/ have done it already and I'm the one, who kinda got this one here reactivated because I REALLY REALLY like this idea and where you were aiming to go with it.

Please don't scrap this script, it really has a lot potential as I think the blacksmith-part in general hasn't got its fill yet in the variety of scripts available for the RPG XP.

Kyra

I am so going to use this.

I wonder if it can be worked into a loot bazaar system such as the one from FFXII.

ForeverZer0

If you added enough detail to the config it could be.  The hardest part will be finding the right balance.

RoseSkye

Found a huge glitch: Extracting from equipment until there is 0 left will leave a black space -yet- it will still give you the items from the last weapon.

ForeverZer0

Oh, shit, I thought I fixed that.
Forgot that I did it in the unfinished re-write that wasn't released. I knew I remembered doing it...

I will finish this. I know this has been said, and I always get side-tracked, but this time I will actually do it. Give me a few days.

PhoenixFire

If it helps with your motivation, I too plan on using it in my game, and incorporating it.. Yes, it will be modded, but due credit will be given :)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?