The Dream Journal

Started by MarkHest, September 28, 2011, 08:45:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

September 28, 2011, 08:45:54 am Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:28:19 pm by MarkHest

I thought of making a topic where we can post some of our dreams just for the fun or maybe becous they have a big meaning for you. Dreams can be so random sometimes that it can be quiet entertaining to hear of other peoples dreams. I personaly have nothing agains sharing this kind of information to you so i'll just go wild on the keyboard in some posts later on.

You can share any kind of dreams you want but let's keep it to one dream per post. It can be a funny dream that might just give other a laugh becous of it's randomness or it chould be a serious dream that means a lot to you (However you should only post dreams that you WANT to share, that is of course up to you)
You can even share Lucid Dreams if that's what you want.

Don't be affraid to comment on a persons dream or discuss about a persons dream without posting a dream yourself, as long as you stick to the topic, that is!

Some dreams are funny, some are horrifying and some are just... wierd.
Dreams can variate a lot in just one night so i'll post it in different parts.

Part 1
In this part i am some sort of camera that's flying through an area in one of my previous dreams where i had an intense battle. Everything i see were exactly like it were in my my earlier dream, only this time the place was quiet. It was some sort of garden in a castle. It had walls surrounding every corner of the place but it had no roof. In my dreams journal i even made up a small picture of how the place was built and i even put text in there to describe what was what. In this tour as the flying camera i even saw those texts flying in empty space xD
The dream changed atmosphere completely after this.

Part 2
All of a sudden i'm now sitting in a car driving around in a city. After a while of driving i'm starting to realise i've been driving on the wrong side of the road (apparently i slowly changed side without noticing it). After realising this another car come driving right at me. I quickly turned my car to the other side of the street but instead lost controll and started driving in the streetwalk. After a few seconds i see a woman walking in front of me and was about to be run over by me. Out of pure reflex i hit the breaks so hard that my care actualy jumped up on the front tires, then flew over the woman(who didn't seem to care even one bit) After spinning forward with my car just one time it landed on all four weels again but on the other side of the woman.
She looked back at me and just smiled(Like a baws :P).

Later on i ignored the whole situation and continued to drive on the street(but this time on the right side of the road).
After a while i started driving uphill and during this period of the dream everything was very unclear and blury.

The car was suddenly gone and i was now dragin something up the hill instead. As i draged this "thing" up the hill i saw a guy walking my way with a pair of HUGE newly cut-down trees. They were freaking huge! He carried around 5 - 7 of them on his back all by his own(Like a baws :P). The trees were much biger than normal trees, these were a lot thicker and taller.
     I stoped and asked him: "How the hell do you do that?!"
Then he stoped himself and told me something i chouldn't realy understand. It chould just be that the dream was to blury or that he spoke another language, either way i don't recall a thing of what he said. After he spoke his words i walked over to his garden and(which was located to the right side of the street) and threw down all trees.
Aftert this part of the dream it became blury again and i don't recall anything more from this part.

part 3 - Final
-epic action!-
Right now i'm located flying(or falling) over the sea. I'm having an intense battle with this... dude.
To be able to beat this guy i had to go through some sort of transplantation in my right leg becous he had some sort of power and i didn't. However with this new right leg of mine that i had modified i chould now kick EXTREMELY fast and hard! I recall the leg having some black tatues that slithered around my leg like a snake from my feet to the thighs.

When the both of us rushed to attack i got flashbacks on our first battle we had as kids, which i lost.

During the flashback we both rushed to attack each other. When we closed in on each other the other person somehow flew like a snake at me with a swordshaped energy-wave, which hit me and i fel unconscious.

But now back to the real battle.
He did that same thing as he did in the flashback and flew at me with a move that a normal human wouldn't normaly be able to manage and threw his energy-wave at me. We clashed together and after this point... i was nearly waking up :^_^':

During the process of waking up i had small flashes of the rest of the battle and i chould mostly imagine the rest(i was half lucid becous my mind was regaining consciousness, but i was still dreaming)
In this half-awakened state the battle went on but it was very blury so everything i say might not be so accurate.

After we clashed together i quickly flew right past him(avoiding his blade of course). At this point we were facing backs so i made a spin forward and kicked him with my right leg on his back which made him flew down towards the sea with the speed of a rocket.

After this point i was so close to awakening that i didn't dream anymore. I hope you enjoyed this dream of mine.
I'm looking forward to your dreams as well, weather they will be sad, funny, scary, mysterious, long or short.

I will post more of my dreams later but not directly after each other ^^

Vell

C/P'd from a different place because weirdest case of lucid dreaming ever

Me and a bunch of other kids were looking for these random objects, I think it was 'cause we felt like it. And using weird science shit we located one in a weird... thing on a government campus(I think it tied into a past dream of mine, actually) for something or other. So we went to retrieve it, but then the gov't people found us(not surprising, seeing as the thing was right where cars pulled in and in broad daylight) and we managed to convince them we were with them. So, it was me(who was an avatar of me: different person, but 'me' as in I was in this boy's body), these two boys, and like two girls, and a little girl. Okay, so we boys(originally typed this word as 'boyd') were taken to another part of the place from the girls. We wound up separated(I don't know how - weird dream thing).

So apparently the little girl can telecommunicate with her mind. So the plan to escape is 'blow shit up' basically. Well, it's at this point that I start lucid dreaming. Start having control of the place. BTW we were in a library type section. So, I was like, what better way to blow shit up than to use a freaking meteor? Not Temple's THE Meteor, it's more like the summon, not the prayer. So I imagine in my head that giant, slowly approaching meteor...

and then instead of that, it's this weird bouncy, swift, small exploding meteor ball thing. So I rewound the dream, and tried to superimpose the image of my meteor into it again. The small meteor bounced higher, but I got otherwise the same result. So I decided 'whatever, I'll roll with it' and continue the dream. So I steal this van thing(it was black) and drove off, and somehow the other five escaped on their own, probably through similar means.

So one of the girls decides she wants to sit up front(since we're using the van as the getaway vehicle) and I was like 'eh, sure' 'cause I didn't really care who sat where.

Well, apparently, the little girl did. All of a sudden the dream shifted into an alternate version where I somehow managed to jack a van, a motorcycle, and some dude's leather jacket and helmet and get them all to the same place in the same period of time. And then I tried to put it back, and instead I wound up with the little girl asking to ride with me and myself agreeing.

Guys. WHAT THE HELL.

Spaceman McConaughey

September 29, 2011, 08:50:55 am #2 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:41:27 am by Tuggernuts
A dream I've once had, was very disturbing:
I was basically me, but in another body, of some rocker guy.
I was riding through some unnamed and made-up city on a motorcycle, in the dead of night. I was on my way back to my home(which was oddly a small wooden dome). I make it back, and to my surprise, somebody is waiting in there for me; it's another rocker guy, and his intentions are to kill me(why, my dream never explained to me). He draws a sword, and slashes me with it. I then manage to steal it from him, where I then start slashing him with it over an over again. As I'm doing it, he lets out horrifying cries of pain, and begs me to stop as he's crying his eyes out(metaphorically speaking). Finally, he's on the ground sobbing silently, soaking in his own blood as he dies. All I did was turn around and run out of the house quickly, because I knew I was going to be in big trouble.

I woke up, and was sickened with myself... the dream was so damn realistic, it's like I was there. The only thing unrealistic about it is that I was seeing myself in a third person perspective.

MarkHest

September 29, 2011, 10:20:21 am #3 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:24:30 am by MarkHest
@Tuggernuts: I've had similar dreams. At some points in my dreams when i hurt someone i feel no remorse and are totaly out of control, mercilessly killing my target with my bare hands. At the point when i wake up i just can't help but feel sorry for the person i attacked and i think of myself as a sort of monster. (Unless i hurt someone i realy WANT to hurt in reality:P)
These feeling you get when you wake up after such a dream are just... disturbing.

@UltaFlame: I laughted a bit when you didn't manage to make a meteor and created that small bouncy thing instead ^^
Dreams can be so random xD

I'll keep this next dream of mine realy short. It's just "one" part of a dream but the other parts are WAY to long to be writing down :^_^':

Background story: So... in real life i have had my starsign read by this astrolog. It was a fast reading, which was free, but in order to get a full reading i had to pay. I just wanted to checked how the payment method was so i filled out some forms like name, e-mail etc etc. So i proceed to the next page to see how the payment method was and it was using Pay-Pal. I went like "meh..." and closed down the page. After a while i started getting auto-responce mails from the site, saying "They still havent recieved my payment for the full readin". I had a couple of those then it stopped.

Now to for the dream:
Okay, so in my dream i was checking my e-mails as usual and found another of these auto-responces. I clicked it and started readin and here's what it said:

I still haven't received your payment for that full reading. It's your guilt to pay it so we can have sex!

I just went like: "WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Afterwards the message said: What is your sex?

I almost turned to stone due to the shock of this e-mail. After a while i started searching around the net for pictures of how she looked like and how old she was. It turned out she was an old woman around the age of 60-70 or something.
MAN! Was i disgusted! xD

I thought to myself: Fucking pedobear...

After this point the dream shifted and i had one of my most amazing dreams of all my life, however it's too long to write and quiet personal so i'm not gona write it all down :P

winkio

I'm climbing a snowy mountain with my brothers.  Only one of them is in sight, the other is farther on ahead.  We are following a wide snowy path with lots of tire tracks that is right up against the mountainside.  Ahead there is a sharp curve to the right.  As I'm walking towards it, I feel something behind me.  A car with a woman driving and two kids in the back is going way too fast.  I freeze as it comes to the bend.  It doesn't slow down.  I can't do anything but stare.  I hope it makes the turn, but I know it won't.  It spins out and falls over the cliff without a sound.  My brother and I run to the cliff side.  The cliff is made of brown rocks encased in three inches of clear slick ice.  The wrecked car is on a large boulder jutting out about 25 feet down.  My brother starts making his way down there, while I let down my rope and look for a something to tie it to.  I tie it to a nearby tree.  When I come back, my brother has reached the wreck.  The woman has died, but the children can be saved.  I am relieved.  Suddenly all the ice is gone and the sun is out, but nothing else has changed.  I haul everybody up.  I get a call from my mother asking me what I want for dinner.  I look at my brother and we stare at each other for a second.  With a nod signaling mutual agreement, I say very clearly into the phone 'paperclips'.

Then I woke up.

Blizzard

I've had this dream a few nights back and it was kinda weird. It consisted out of 2 separate parts.

In the first part I was at a party/club/pub or something and supposedly drunk. I met a woman, we made out and stuff and were going home together. The thing is that because I was supposedly drunk, I seriously couldn't remember big chunks of that part of the dream. Also, the environment from the flashbacks was reminding me a lot of another dream where I was in a world similar to Devil May Cry where I killed a bunch of demons in a Dante manner. I might have done something similar in the first part of my dream as well, who knows.

In the second part I met some kind of modern shaman whom I was talking to and explaining my first part of the dream. I told him how it all looked totally looked like a dream, but the current state appears so real to me. I was convinced that I was awake and I couldn't find any of the clues that this was a dream except for the first part that smoothly transitioned into the current state. Then I remembered that I would like to work on Perfect Chaos. This was it for me, subconsciously the song made me realize that I can't possibly be awake because I would have to be in a real-life location and this one wasn't a real life location. It was the manifestation of a subconscious map of the city that I've been in many times before. I must have transitioned to REM when the dream suddenly started to look so real. This was one of the rare occasions where my dream really looked so vivid and real that I couldn't recognize that I was dreaming. Several minutes after realizing that I was awake, I actually woke up.

The dream isn't anything special, but it's outside of my normal range of dreams so I just wrote it down. The mere fact that I remember it today even though I dreamed it a few days ago shows how much of an imprint it left on me. I think part of the dream was still processing last weekend (hence that woman in the first part I guess).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

I've literally dreamed in code before....

I was sitting down at my laptop, trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with a program I was writing (just a damn web browser control, modified to workj only for my web order system) when I was somehow warped into the damn internet... I somehow ended up "at" youtube and met characters from the shows I watch on it (Bleach, Death Note, etc), then "went to" facebook and other sites, and by the time I was "pushed back out" to the real world, I had somehow downloaded all the information I would ever need for programming the app into my head... It's actually where the nickname Digital Soul was born from..

Anyways, then I woke up, and, was seriously displeased because none of that dream download happened, and I still didn't know how to solve the issue lolz
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Xuroth

@DigitalSoul: It would be amazing if in the near future we really could download info into our brain.

PhoenixFire

Not to get too far off topic, but, I'm sure they are already working on it, what with the research into how electrical pulses are how our brain works, etc.

To make this post more on topic, another dream I seem to have alot is that I start off running down a path, but I can't see too much around me, due to a thick fog.. That continues for what seems like forever, but somehow I end up seeing the ground get smaller and disappear under me, and then realize I have wings, and am flying... I then promptly wake up, and feel like I was hit with a truckload of brick.. Or run over by a Mack truck... Or maybe both..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Alright, last night I've had a dream that wasn't as weird, but I felt like sharing.

I was supposed to meet some friends at lunch in some sort of fast food restaurant in the city. Yet again, it was the alternative dream version of the city that I'm so familiar with. I really wonder how these dream maps come into being and why they repeat themselves in dreams. It's as if I am in an abstract version of the city. You could compare it to seeing something on the screen and all of that stuff actually being just 0s and 1s (even though this would be an extreme case). In any case, I was going there on my bike that I used to drive when I was 5 (obviously the bike was adult size in my dream). I've meet with a few friends, we messed around, we had fun and so on. I remember leaving them a few times because I had to get some stuff done in the city (buying some book was one of them, weird) and one of the girls was accompanying me. I haven't seen that girl in my entire life, but in my dream she was supposedly a friend who was into me. Eh. At one point some kid was trying to steal my bike while I was eating and at the end we moved inside because it started raining. Inside I actually did recognize a few of the girls' faces. I was messing around with them in previous dreams! I think one of them was even in the dream I described in my previous post here.

I think I woke up 2 times in between this dream and continued when I fell asleep again (I even stood up and turned down the heat at one time because I being hot in my dream in my jacket). What is it with continuing dreams and reoccurring characters? xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Not sure. I've once had an interesting dream, and then I would continue it weeks, or months later. It's very odd.

I'll post the dream later, though, along with another very weird one; a little busy at the moment figuring out some problems with DM.

Blizzard

I think dreams are a way to process and categorize information gathered. This would explain why people can instantly switch into REM when they fall asleep if they are sleep deprived. Though, I don't think the contents of the dream are influenced only by the gathered throughout the day information but also by the state of mind. By turning down the heat and going back to bed, I didn't change my state of mind at all. I was almost still in there and that's why it continued. In some rare cases where I overload my brain with information of a certain kind, then the dreams I have are a lot more accurate about the events that were going on the day before. Sometimes the deviation is even less than 10%. That usually only happens when it was emotionally very engaging for some reason or if a lot of repetition occurred.

MarkHest

November 04, 2011, 04:18:56 pm #12 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:23:16 pm by MarkHest
Since my old computer got destroyed my 52 pages of dreams are now gone, so i won't be able to share as many dreams as i thought i would be able to.
I guess i'll just post the most resent dreams i'm having from now on :roll:

Oh, and by the way. Don't be affraid to dicuss others dreams or commenting on others dreans without posting one yourself. As long as you keep to the topic you should be fine ^^
(I thought about it since what DigitalSoul wrote)

*Edits description in first post*

MarkHest

*Double Post*
Sue me...

I had a rather sad dream today, i litteraly cried in it. I can't remember every part but i'll do my best recovering most of the details that i can remember.

Part 1
First the first part of the dream isn't very sad. I dreamed that i somehow met a girl who i had taken a interest in, however she was very hard to make contact with. I don't remember how we met but i do remember that i followed her home and once we got there she started up her Nintendo64 and started playing(I think it was Donkey Kong 64).
I didn't sit down with her becous i was unsure whether i was only supose to follow her home and then leave or if i chould stay and hang out. I asked her, "Want me to leave?"
Then she replied, "Yes, Thanks." She was clearly nervous.
So i started walking home but my view of the dream stayed in the girls room. She continued playing and occansionly went out in the kitchen to get something. I can't remember much past this point, all i remember is the end of this part where i sat down in her couch and rested my head on her belly as she huged me.

Part 2
I remember dreaming that i lived on the top floor of a house in an apartment. I was currently there with my dog and a few family members.
We were all minding our own bussiness when the dog suddenly started barking for no reason(the dog in the dream is the same dog i have in reality).
A window in the middle of the wall was open and all of a sudden my dog ran towards it barking and threw herself out of it, as if chasing something.
It was in this part of the dream an exreme fear grabed my conscious. I literaly saw my own dog jump out of a window in a 6 floor tall house. I chould actually sence the dog's fear as the ground she had hoped to land on didn't exist and continued to fall in an exreme speed. My view of the dream changed from a 1th persons perspective to a free view where i saw the dog from outside. It looked horrible when the dog crashed against the ground. As she landed on her head first and the body thereafter followed with one single bounce. The thing is, she didn't die instantly. I chould still se her move her head in a very slow speed and blinked sadly towards my view, aware of that this is her last moments.
I ran down the stairs with a big invisible chunk in my chest. As i saw my mom the started screaming and crying at the same time, telling her the dog is suffering and dying. I chould feel all of my emotions fly in circles around in my mind when i thought about the moments i've spent with my dog. I would never experience ANY of these things again. I started to miss her presence, i missed scratching her ears, missed pating her untill she usualy became very mischievous and started to bite my hands.
As i ran out of the house i got one last view of the dog's sad eyes and the slow speed of her body moving as the dream faded.

This dream is the most emotionally dream i've had in a very long time.
I think about the face the dog looked at me with, as if she thought: "What... did i do wrong?". I become sad as i just think about it.

You can imagine i was so happy when i saw my dog again when i woke up. I was filled with relief and started to cuddle with her right away :)
I realy hate these emotionally dreams that can make you sad.

Blizzard

My recent dreams were kind of odd. Most of them were not odd because of the content or what is going on, but they were odd in a different way. I am a lot less conscious about what I do in them and they appear more of a blur than usual. It's like my subconscious is running the whole show. It decides what's going on and it does it on a not-so-conscious level. I am still me what I do in those dreams, but somehow I think that my subconscious is trying to tell me something. I think that it's trying to tell me that we're now on the same team...

MarkHest

November 30, 2011, 02:48:26 am #15 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:51:52 am by MarkHest
Blizzard was in my dream tonight! xD
I don't remember all details but i'll try to gather as many pieces of my memory as possible.

I remember i was going to some kind of meeting with my mother at a museum or someting. There weren't that many people around the place. As i walked around the room my subcouncious told me that Blizzard was in the room(Although, the name "Miki" or "Mici" was stuck in my head when refering to him). So i walked and looked around. Eventually i saw him standing in a corner of the room and watched everyone walk around. I started walking towards him with a smile on my face and when he saw me i was like: "Hey, man! :D"

For a second he didn't quiet know who i were but after two seconds or so he remembered a picture he's seen on me that i've posted on CP(or facebook, i don't know :P) When he knew who i were we gave each other a bro hug (You know, when you clap your hands together and thumped each others shoulder).
It was kind of exited to meet him in person so i started talking about something i don't quiet recall from the dream. After a while he started showing me around the place as a sort of guide and we kept on talking about... something. A specific place in remember us going to was a sort of greenhouse or something... altso a sort of lobby that had a secretary desk of some sort with lost of small decorations on it.

That's all i can recall for now.

Happy Dreams Everyone!

Blizzard

I'm in your dreams, eating your food. :3
-insert a lolcat picture here-

Subsonic_Noise

This dream is a bit old, but it shows beautifully how my dreams tend to work.. :P
Basically it started put on an airport (alot of my dreams happen on an airport) which doesn't exist, but appeare in dreams before. I met my girlfriend there to say goodbye because I was going to france, and we hugged and kissed etc, I'll spare you the details o. this part :P Anyway, as we did, it got more and more foggy outside, and or some reason I turned around and BAM. Everything is gone, I am in a perfectly dark room, which is empty except for flying suitcases. The room also had a half-round shape and had no gravity that made any sense.
On the other side of the room, there was a vaguely human shape, and while I looked at it, it seemed to change its shape, and I heard a voice in my head say "Blackmask". In the same moment, I started hearing a white noise coming from everywhere, getting louder and louder until it started hurting, and just when it got unbearable, BOOM.
I'm back at the airport with my girlfriend, who apparently didn't notice anything. I think "oh well, that wa random" and we continue as before... until I notice, "wait, that doesn't happen in real life, does it.. and it's he going to france, and that's in four days..". Noticing that, I shout out "OH SHIT LUCID DREAMING", which is when the whole fuling airport change shape and colours, breaks into pieces and flies towards me.
Dream end.

Blizzard

November 30, 2011, 04:26:43 am #18 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:28:57 am by Blizzard
There are a few things that you can do to keep staying lucid. One thing is to stay calm or calm down. Apparently spinning helps because it takes your subconscious off the shock of that realization. Telling yourself stuff like "Alright, it's a dream, stay cool. I just have to stay cool so I keep dreaming and don't wake up." It works for me. Usually I stop doing whatever I am doing in the dream to let everything come to a still stand and wait until the shock of that realization is over. Then I try to remember the things that I want to do when I'm lucid. I once tried calling myself on the phone to speak to my subconscious, but it wouldn't pick up. Bastard probably knew I was calling to talk... >_>

Recently I had a weird dream and I was like "Wait, does this happen in real life? Why, yes, of course it does. I'm not dreaming." When I woke up a bit later I remembered that part and facepalmed myself for thinking that it wasn't a dream. :facepalm:

MarkHest

November 30, 2011, 07:10:48 am #19 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:13:47 am by MarkHest
Many lucid dreams are altso forgotten, believe it or not. When you say you've had 5 lucid dreams in your life you might actually have had like 10 or more, but you don't remember it. Somtimes it takes me a day or two to remember that i was actually lucid in one of my dreams. Unless you wake yourself up from the lucidity of course, then you should remember. Waking yourself up from Lucidity is easy :3

I reached Lucidity just resently in one of my dreams but i didn't recall it untill later that day. I was a bit suprised but i kept my cool as much as possible(that was one of my most realistic Lucid Dreams). Before i knew it i forgot i was lucid and started dreaming normal again...

It would be nice to reach the layer 4 in Lucid Dreaming. (Layer 4 = Full Controll)
But i've never got there... yet :shifty: