The Dream Journal

Started by MarkHest, September 28, 2011, 08:45:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Quote from: MarkHest on November 30, 2011, 07:10:48 am
Before i knew it i forgot i was lucid and started dreaming normal again...

That happened to me many, many times. xD

Quote from: MarkHest on November 30, 2011, 07:10:48 am
It would be nice to reach the layer 4 in Lucid Dreaming. (Layer 4 = Full Controll)
But i've never got there... yet :shifty:

Been there, done that. It's not that special, but yeah, it's cool. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

November 30, 2011, 07:39:45 am #21 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:45:52 am by MarkHest
Have you reached a layer 5 Lucid Dream?

Layer 5 = Spiritual and connection with the universe, it is a state in your dreaming where you can actaully leave your body and do stuff like visit other people on a high plane of reality or speak with your higher self. This was my goal in Lucid Dreaming and once you reach a layer 5 you aren't actually dreaming anymore, you're experiencing.

I think the cause of a layer 5 is becouse you're so far away from your ego when sleeping. The illusions of your brain are no longer decieveing you and when you reach lucidity you connect your ego(your human self) with the outside illusion, causing you to experience the planes that you couldn't reach when awake becouse you're so stuck in the illusions caused by the brain. Lucid dreaming is perfect for experiencing spiritual stuff just becouse of this reason alone. Sometimes meditation just doesn't do the trick...

I take it you know what i'm talking about, otherwise it must sound realy stupid if not crazy :O.o:

Blizzard

I don't think a 5th layer exists. :P

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

I do. But it takes effort to get there and of course, you need to believe in spiritual or else you will just believe it's a dream.

But this is just me and my thoughts. Everyone doesn't think alike, right? :haha:

Subsonic_Noise

I believe in the power of the mind, but I think it's directed inwards. So, yes, it's powerful, but only to itself.
Also, what do people think of my dream? :P

Blizzard

Flying suitcases sound trippy. What have you been eating the previous day?! xD

@Mark: I also believe in the power of mind and I believe that the mind creates and is responsible for the reality around us. It almost seems as if there is not objective reality or as it is completely irrelevant. But I simply don't believe that dreams are they key to something grand inside of us. I think we have a much higher chance to find it while awake. Think of the Matrix movies and you'll know what I mean.

Vell

I use both dreams and my waking consciousness to analyse myself. I am almost always a lucid dreamer, but lucid dreaming for me is like a partnership and constantly battle with my subconscious. We frequently exchange conflicting ideas in dreams. One point I had a dream that just was crazy. I would do things lucid and then it would be like "nope.avi"

Subsonic_Noise

Actually, I was very sober for the weeks before it. :P
For some reason, I concider that part of the dream "artificial".. it didn't seem to belong in there, and I felt like that shadow-y figure needed to leave. So yeah... the flying suitcases took a theme from the "actual" dream (airport), and put it in that absurd setting, I guess. :P

Kett Shee

I have some basic notes on a dream I had the other night. There's a lot of paraphrasing.

Had a dream in which an unseen force kept trying to kill me. It would succeed
and presumably reset the dream. One of the times I "woke up" I believed to be
actually awake and was thinking to myself not to turn around and look at the
corner next to my bed, for the creature could be there. After that(my back is
turned to the corner) a powerful force pushed against my back. I could hear a
loud noise like heavy breathing in my ear during this. I woke up again and
checked my phone. There were a few apps that all had strange icons. They read as
follows(assuming I didn't follow their instructions): "Don't slide to the
left.", "Don't slide to the right then left." After ignoring the instructions by
sliding through my home screen pages, my phone reset. I opened my phone once
more to see what happened. "Now you will never use this information again."
Everything went black and I could hear the same noise. I woke up again. I heard
two barks from a dog downstairs and one in my ear at low volume. After this I
felt like something was sitting on me, draining me. Same noise, wake up. A few
times I tried sitting up and turning on the TV. I would check the time on my
phone and my TV and they were both scrambled different times. Wake up several
times doing this. I get up one time and wake my little sisters up for school,
and then my older sister(something I don't normally do). I suppose the error in
my daily routine caused me to wake up again. I got up once more, checked the
hallway for any malicious creatures to make sure I'm awake. I walk back to my
room and stomp on the floor to make sure I'm doing what I want. I thought I was
finally awake. At that point, I believe that is when I finally woke up.

Another weird thing is that every time I would "wake up," I would be in the same exact position I was in when I previously "woke up." Even when I actually woke up, I was in the same position.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard

Oh god, that just reminded me of a category of dream that I sometimes have. I would basically reset the dream and live through everything again. But this time I would do things differently and usually better than the previous time. It's like playing a game again that you've already played a few times.

MarkHest

December 05, 2011, 04:19:46 am #30 Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:24:07 am by MarkHest
I've had those kind of dreams a lot of times. It usualy ends up with the last dream being a half-reality-dream where i'm going through a sleep paralysis and later snaps myself out of it and finalty wakes up for real. I remember a specific one where i was laying in my couch where i had fallen asleep during the day.
I have this kind of thing with me that tells me when i'm about to dream a nightmare, so as soon as a nightmare steps into my subconsciousness i can feel it and turn lucid almost ever time. This was one of those times and as i felt the nightmare comming closer i knew that if i didn't do something it would get me. So i did something i had resently learned when i was practising my spirituality: Think of a ball of light that surrounds me and use it to push your enemies away. As i sent out the very first wave to push the nightmare away i woke up halfway, then i felt the intense feeling comming back. At this point i realized i obviosuly wasn't awake so i sent out a second wave of light and pushed away my surroundings. I woke up again a little bit more but i still wasn't awake becouse i could feel the nightmare approaching again(Damn, it's persistent ._.)
I did this like 5-6 times in a row and for each time i pushed the nightmare away i woke up a little bit more than the last time. At the 5th try i was almost completely awake in my sleep paralysis state and i could almost fight my way through the last part with my physical/awakened self.

It's kinda funny. After this part in my life the nightmares i had wasn't as intense as they used to be and what's more interesting is that i myself became stronger in my dream state. From from this point i had learned how to overcome my nightmares and could actaully chase them away with my own will.
Sometimes i would do that light barrier thingy. Sometimes i would lose myself in an endless rage and LITTERALY chase my nightmare out of my dream xD. The nightmare rarely ever touches me noways. (Actaully, i haven't had a nightmare in a long time now, i guess they're scared :O.o:)

Oh, and about that thing when the dream tells you to NOT do something and when you do it anyway is so freaking annoying xD
I remember another dream i had when i was with my sister and she told me to come closer.
She wispered: "Whatever you do, do NOT look into any open doors."
You can guess what happened after 2 seconds. A door next to me(that was closed) started sqeeking as it slowly opened. It was almost like in a horror movie. So after the door had opened itself halfway i looked behind myself and into the opening. After 1 second of staring into the blackness a dark figure came flying at me and i woke up :P

Blizzard

I've had some troubles sleeping last night. I would mostly just lie there and sometimes fall asleep in between.
In the last round of these sleeping sequences, I've had a weird and interesting dream. It had something to do with Zelda since I was looking up some old Zelda 4 stuff yesterday so it kinda stayed probably in my head. Then it transformed into something GTA like, because I've been playing through GTA 4 somewhere last week so there must have been unprocessed chunks there as well. Then things went bizarre. O_o IDK anymore how I got there, but I was in some sort of building. I was basically playing a gambling game for some guy instead of him, because he was kinda bad at that game even though all it involved was rolling a dice. Basically you have a higher chance of winning depending on you the ratio of money you put in and somehow I was doing it much better than everybody else. That guy got overconfident, though, and wanted to play himself. When he entered the game instead of me, he kept losing and lost everything he had so quickly that I barely had time to react. I was a bit distracted while he was playing so I didn't pay attention and didn't notice he lost everything. >.< In the very end, I played the last round instead of him and at least kept his clothes on his body. #_#
In the meantime he had some semi-hot girlfriend who was giggling to almost everything I said. But I wouldn't take away his girlfriend now since I know him, would I. ._. There was some weird misc stuff in the end where the feds broke in and arrested a bunch of people. Some other guy who was playing went nuts as he lost all his money as well. I remember helping the feds carry out some kidnapped black babies. That girlfriend of that other guy had some animals in her backpack and I apparently had an animal in my backpack. After I got the backpack to its destination, it turned out that the nutjob was in there and he was thinking that he was a ferret or something like that. Crazy. I tried finding the girlfriend to see how things are standing between her and her boyfriend and if they broke up (since I didn't see him with her), but I woke up before I could find her.

A guy thinking he's a ferret after losing all his money. Seriously nuts.

MarkHest

I lol'd at your dream blizz x3

The dream i had this night was kind of wierd as well. I only remember one part.

I was trying to play an RPG Maker XP Game made by Blizzard. The title screen of the game had that red-flaming windowsin that ARC has in the RTP.
For some reason i encountered a strange bug after the Title Sreen. After pressing "New Game" a guy started talking in the intro and after a few words the screen would just freeze and wouln't move. I tried to restart the game several times but it wouln't work.
After a while i thought: I know the solution to this bug!
Filled with confidence i started digging my way under the Title Screen, into the ground. Everything was now MINECRAFT THEMED!
So i was breaking block after block untill i reached a strange block that has one color on each side. It took longer than usual to break and did not give a harvestable block. After digging a deep hole in the ground the dream begun to fade and i either woke up or started dreaming another dream that i don't remember.

Blizzard

February 18, 2012, 04:28:57 am #33 Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:32:01 am by HK-47
Last night's dream was interesting. I woke up 2 or 3 times during the night I think, but I simply continued dreaming on the next time I was asleep. In fact, I continued dreaming on "the next day". xD Long story short, in the first part I was out, met a couple of girls around and took their numbers. One of them I saw back at college again a day later. Didn't think much of any of those girls, but this one was cool so I set up a meeting a day after. But we didn't decide exactly on the time. Now on the day where I was supposed to meet her, I was basically late. We were supposed to meet before 5 PM, but I didn't call her to confirm. So it was already a few minutes after 5 PM and I was thinking that I should call her to agree on a definite time since I was getting ready and there was no way I'd be there before 5:40. Now comes the funny part. I get a call from a friend who actually knows the girl. We're not really close, but he's an ok guy. But I am surprised about why he's calling. While I am getting ready, he tells me stuff that I would only hurt the girl and that I should stay away her. I simply ask him if he's ever seen me be a dick and if I ever was being a dick while I was hanging around with him. He says no, but he still insists that I stay away from her. I basically tell him to fuck off in a nice manner since this is typical behavior for somebody who's in love with a female friend, but maybe stuck in the friend and definitely afraid to do anything about it. If he wants to keep me away from her, words alone won't be enough, he has to do something about it, that's what I told him. In the end I wished him good luck with the upcoming exams at college and hung up. #_#

These are the most important keypoints in the dream. A couple of minutes after that call, before I was ready to leave my apartment, I woke up. Funny enough, I wasn't aware that I was dreaming. Because of the multiple times waking up and falling asleep again and because the dream was being a good part simply a difference reiteration from what happened earlier this week, dream and reality blended together for me.

Spoofus

April 22, 2012, 03:37:55 pm #34 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:42:22 pm by Spoofus
Now don't make fun of me,but I had a pretty interesting dream last night,and I just had to share some of it.

okay before I went to bed I had just beat "Secret of Evermore" on a actually Super Nintendo.

once i beat the game I went to bed.
Well the dream started up how it does in the game,I am sitting in a movie theater with my Dog "Noodles"(my actual dog and that is his name),we were watching some crazy B monster alien movie and after awhile the movie ends and we walk out of the theater and I made  comment on the movie to my dog,and then a cat runs by.In the dream I mention to myself(Wait I know this from somewhere,but can't really recall)so my dumb dog chases the cat and I follow,and Noodles runs into a old building that is in serious disrepair and I comment to myself again saying(Okay now I know I remember this from something).I go inside the building and find my dog after looking for seemed like 2 hours looking at the bizarre things in the building etc.,I find Noodles and he nudges me toward a door in the kitchen that leads to the basement and I go down the stairs and see this weird machine,and while I am looking at it my dog does something to it and we get zapped.
I then wake up in like a lab and a man talks to me saying something like "You must leave,we are in the middle of some experiments" so this guy shows me out,and leads me to a room and says I must take the device in the back to get out.Then I thought(Whoa! wait I really shouldn't be in this room I am pretty sure of what is about to happen.) as soon as I said that I look over to this door to the right and see A robot flying out of it intent on killing me,so I panic and look around for a weapon and my dog find me a huge gun and I thought(bitchin, I got this.)and I try to shoot and there are no bullets,and I pretty much said screw it and started beating the robot with the gun.So I killed the robot and me and my dog walk into this airplane thing and we shoot out of a tube thing and eventually crash on the surface.
After taking a few minutes to get my bearings I started to look for something to defend my self with cause a velociraptor is coming for me and I pick up a bone from a dead animal that looked sturdy enough and fought the raptor and manage to beat it but got banged up good.After a few hours it seemed of exploring this jungle I was in I find my way to a village and try to get directions on how to get back and they lead me to this girl and I said(Okay why does all this seem way to familiar to me?)I talked with this girl for awhile and she some how managed to convince me to help her out with the problem happening in the village and me being my usual nice self agreed.

okay to make a really long dream short I pretty much went through the whole game of Secret of Evermore in my dream but it was me and my dog doing all of this stuff.

But one of the funniest parts in the dream was when I "died" and I heard a voice saying "Sadly the young man and his Dog were never seen or heard from again" and I sand up saying "Whoa hold up right there buddy I'm not dead I can just load up from where I last saved from duh. and I do so,which by the way is the weirdest feelings to me it felt like I was falling from really high up and everything was rewinding back to the point where I last saved at.

but yeah that was pretty much my dream last night.
I can remember it well cause I had some stuff happen to me even though I knew it was coming,and I laughed a lot during it mostly at how I had gotten through some of the stuff.
(if you all want I can write all of it down here,cause I wrote it down on paper when I woke up because it was easily one of the strangest dreams I have ever had.)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

LMAO! Whenever I dream one of the games, it's always completely different. e.g. I've dreamt about a completely different Secret of Mana, a completely different Zelda 3, a completely different Secret of Evermore, a completely different Terranigma. And the list goes on and on. xD The funny part is that the games are completely different in my dreams, but they are consistent over several dreams. e.g. I have probably had the Zelda 3 dream several times, but the whole world in my dream is always the same and never changes. It happens really rarely that the dream is altered and even then the differences are usually minor.

G_G

Here goes my dream. I already shared it with Tino, but the one I shared with Tino was way shorter.

This was the most realistic dream, or dreams I should say, I've ever experienced. Making actual decisions
throughout these dreams as if these scenarios were actually happening. It was a chain of dreams and they were
all tied together. As I awoke in a new dream, I could remember what happened previously. An occurrence I've
never experienced before.

School started again. Got back together with Nataliee. We started talking about our relationship. Then out
of nowhere, I "woke up" into another dream. As in, scenes suddenly changed. The weird part was, it felt
exactly like waking up. When you wake up, the slight image of your previous dreams are in your head. Well
that's what it felt like. I was in the middle of our school hallway, I remembered what happened before.
Nataliee at the time wasn't with me, so I figured she'd gone to class. Then it hit me, school hasn't started
yet. This is when the rest of the dream felt extremely real.

I kept asking myself, "How has school started? I didn't even go to orientation or get my picture
taken for my school id?" I looked down, only to see my new school ID. I was extremely confused, started
walking down the hall, ran into my friend Collette, whom graduated last year, I was confused as to why she
was in school still. I tried asking her, but she looked at me, as if she didn't even know who I was.

Continued to walk down the hallway, found Nataliee again. We both made the conscious decision to skip class
and go fill my backpack up with snacks. Two things, Nataliee would never skip class, no matter what happened.
This also confused me, but ignored it, I was happy to be with Nataliee again. And even though this was a
separate dream, it was tied together with the previous one, we were still back together. Anyways, we found
a vending machine, filled my backpack up with snacks and drinks. Nearly emptying out my wallet. The backpack
felt so heavy, as it should have with everything that was in it. I had slight troubles carrying it. Nataliee
and I started walking down the hall, when suddenly, I woke up into my next dream.

I was outside, it was pouring down rain. I felt every drop hit my skin; my clothes were soaked.
I remembered what had happened previously, Nataliee and I had just gotten snacks. I started looking for her.
I tripped and fell into a puddle, making my clothes even more wet. The water, unfortunately,
ruined my phone and the rest of my money that was in my wallet. Continuing to walk outside, I saw someone
in the distance, thought it was her, but instead, her best friend Angine. She glared at me wondering what
the hell I was doing. Then we both made the decision to go look for Nataliee. I fell into that damn puddle
again. Angine proceeded to laugh at me and make fun of the sweat pants I was wearing at the moment.

Woke up into the next dream. Something must have happened, I had different clothes. I must have found
Nataliee, we were in class cuddling, and Angie was poking fun at us. Had that happy feeling again. Then
we both realized that my backpack full of food was gone. (Remembering stuff from a different dream again)
Nataliee and I decided to go find it. We started walking down the hall and walked into the school office.
We saw the office staff with my backpack eating our snacks. We grabbed my backpack, far lighter than it had
been in the previous dream. A lot of the food was gone.

Then woke up into the next dream. I had that happy feeling again. I was lying in bed next to someone,
wasn't sure who it was, I assumed it was Nataliee because of the feeling. As I got out of bed, I woke up.
Had a feeling of uncertainty and my back was extremely sore from the way I was sleeping. Out of every dream
I've had, I've never had a more vivid dream. Things never felt so real, and the fact that I remembered just
about every single bit of it. I remembered what was going on in my head. I remembered things from the
previous dream and how these things all tied together. While the situations weren't weird themselves, the
entire realism of the dream was. Needless to say, it was a nice, comforting chain of dreams.

Now I don't know if when I "woke up" into the next dream happened as instant as they felt. I may have
slipped back into sleep for minutes or hours before the next one occurred. But this is what it felt like.

Blizzard

June 10, 2012, 02:52:44 pm #37 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:58:03 pm by Blizzard
Inception, dude, Inception. #_#

Seriously, though, it's possible that you were in the REM phase of dreaming. This is where dreams appear most vivid and real. Your back must've been sore from lying too long on your back. Normally people move and turn around during sleep to avoid this kind of thing. But if your REM phase took a bit longer than usual this time and you've been lying on your back the whole time in your previous phase (because you only move your eyes in REM if I remember right), this probably caused your sore back.

I remember one time when I had a similar sequence of dreams. I would wake up in a dream and remembered pieces of the previous dream. Then, when the logic from the previous dream partially still worked, I realized that I must still be dreaming. Soon enough I woke up in another dream, but this time everything was different. I was really sure that I was awake this time. It felt amazingly real, but I was fooled. I even asked myself "Wait, is this actually a dream or is this real? I think this is real. It doesn't feel like a dream and nothing is messed up." So I simply decided that I will treat it as if it was real.

G_G

June 10, 2012, 03:04:39 pm #38 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:05:49 pm by game_guy
Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense. I really had no reason to question any of it (other than school starting and my backpack disappearing) because these were all scenarios that could happen at any day to anyone. I would definitely enjoy having more dreams like this.

Blizzard

I've had a few dreams where nothing really made sense. But regardless, in my dream I was like "Oh yeah, that makes sense. I can't be dreaming." When I woke up, the first thing I did was facepalming myself.