Blizz-ABS Bug and Suggestion Compilation

Started by winkio, April 21, 2010, 03:40:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I made the health bars as optimized as I could in my time.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

Quote from: winkio on September 29, 2010, 11:16:51 am
Quote from: Taiine on September 29, 2010, 08:22:24 am
Here's a suggestion a friend brought up, and I am a bit interested as well.

Rare Spawns, or Spawn % rates.

Would have to work when respawn is active and/or when you have respawn points. Now you can set times for a respawn delay, but what about a percent rate for a respawn. Something like \%10 to set the enemie to have a 10% chance to spawn. Enemies set to have a % spawn timer or a rare spawn timer could be set so they are auto gone when you go to the map, rather then floating around to be killed then respawn. This way you can set for a rare that could be harder to defeat then other mobs or have a item only they drop. An additional trigger could be set so they can only spawn once and when killed not spawn again, ever.

You can do that with events.  I actually had a similar sort of system in my old game.

Really? >.> <.<
Mind sharing? I haven't been able to come up any method that works so fare. Been trying to make a enemy that had a 1% chance at spawning (and spawn only once ever) that drop a item that would start a small quest with a very nice reward at the end..

The Niche

Umm, make a player touch event which randomises a variable and has a contiditional branch which checks if your variable is the right number, then turns on a switch which activates your spawn event. Or indeed, just your enemy.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Taiine

That's how I kept trying to do it,.. but the issue is.. to set the ai and such, it's already on the map. I tucked it away in some corner the player would never see or such but.. if it's not dead.. it wont spawn from one of my spawn points. Tried to set a var that randomizes, and when it hits it's number it 'kills' the mob to force it to spawn then.. but even that don't work.

The Niche

You see that bit on the left, right? You need two events for a reason. Maybe give it the \move command as well.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

andrewbrewer

I have been looking into creating a plugin to allow custom diagonal movement sprites and a custom number of frames per sprite. I dont have much to show but I will be working off a theory for such a script that I wrote for RMVX. I am sure that this method can be used to achieve the same sort of functionality within Blizz-ABS. The script I wrote can be found here.

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30286&hl=

If any body has any ideas to make this compatible or create something similar I would be interested to hear them.

winkio

So I've been testing out the forcemove fix, using an even that just has a simplme force move route on the player: move down, move left, move up.  The first time the event runs, everything works normally!  Then I go back to the event and run it again, and the player takes 4 steps in each direction.  Then again, and 16 steps in each direction.  In other words, it should be really close to being done, but stupid shit keeps happening.

Ryex

that sounds like the path array isn't getting emptied...

any way keep up the good work wink! your awesome!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

October 03, 2010, 12:07:37 am #248 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:27:30 am by winkio
it is though.  I made some checks, and there are only 3 commands in the list each time, but the number of times they are executed multiplies by 4 each time.  The thing is, it's event independent.  Which makes me think it's the repair movement option.

EDIT: yup.  Well, that was annoying to fix.  Apparently, RMXP uses the actual event data when it executes it, instead of a copy of the data, so you can actually modify commands as you execute them, and changes will carry over to the next time it is executed.

legacyblade

Glad that bug is finally being fixed. It shows up every few versions.

OracleGames

New idea!! :D

1.- Having an option to show animations instead of simple sounds when you pick up an item or gold, that way you can tell the player what he`s picking (icons are not that self explanatory). This can be made with events but just imagine the lag of all those conditional branches per item running all the time.

2.- Thrusting items dont do anything to enemies, contrary to skills.

Blizzard

1. Can be done with a very simple script change. Simply adding a call-animation command into dropped events is enough.

2. Possible bug?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

OracleGames

October 06, 2010, 03:36:13 pm #252 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:31:27 pm by OracleGames
1.- Yippie!!! If it´s that simple maybe i can do it :3  but it would be a cool feature.

2.- Yup i was trying to make throwable items:
In the database i set the scope for one enemy and % damage for most of them and worked perfectly, but when i tried to make it a thrusting item it didnt do a thing to enemies just passed trough. The drop icon for them didnt work either, the objects just disapeared in mid-ar.

EDIT:

3.- The combo system forces the user to learn the individual skills that will be used in it, otherwise nothing happens O_o thats quite a problem.

4.- Charging Skills still don`t work as they should for example:

-Enemy/Player starts casting, only sprite animation runs, giving just a little or no signals of an aproaching attack.
-Time is up and the cast animation, missile or inmediate effects, everything shows up at the same time. x_x

I think it would look better if:

-Enemy/Player starts casting (cast animation and sprite plays here).
-Time is up and the inmediate effects are applied, missiles out etc...

[Luke]

Since it hasn't been added to the "Suggested Features" list in the first post, I'm gonna repeat my suggestion:
Charging Progress Bar - a visual feature showing the progress of weapon/skills/items charging to make player know how much time has left to charge. Appearance isn't as much important as the laglessness, however having the skill's name displayed on such a bar would be great.

And a new one:
Enemy Names: When an enemy has an "\n" tag in the event name, its name is displayed over its head (just like HP bars). Also if there's a tag with parameter "\name['Blue Ghost']" this name is shown instead of the database one (so you don't have to copy an enemy in the database if it has same stats and skills as others, but after death triggers something different). The color of the name might depend on the battle state, for example: idle enemy - orange, enemy in battle - red, NPC - yellow, player's ally - green, maybe also with option of showing names of the rest of the party, in, let's say, blue.

Taiine

Is this an unfound bug? Not sure if this is counted in the bugs listed under animations, as they are a little veg... (well to me at least)

While testing my game, I finally got around to making the player running and attack animation, and was testing it out to make sure the run looked alright and to get the wep aligned with my slightly taller player sprites..
However...

Tapping the key to defend...
Spoiler: ShowHide

It's saying I'm lacking the sprite for the def stance? But that's not even enabled in the script, only attack and running is set to true.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Further poking and I find it also errors when I use an item and skill, cause I lack that sprite as well. I don't plan to use such, my animations alone work fine for them, that's why there set to false.

Suggestion:

Repel enemies from an event.
I know you got the no enemy can walk here tag, but what about a event that they could walk on at first, but would be drawn away from?
For example, I try and 'hide' my enemy respawn points behind objects or make it look like there coming from a tunnel, just so it's not like BAM there they are! But what I don't want is for them to linger around that spot, and sadly at times they have a bad habit of doing just that, or walking back into it. My one cave I have respawn points set in little tunnels to make it seem like the enemies are coming out from them, but they still at times will just sit there for a moment, one, two, could be there, or walking back in and it just.. looks silly. However if you could set the event so it also repels them so they run in a direction that is clear (so they don't pin against a wall), it would make them move away from that tile and not want to get to close to it again.

LiTTleDRAgo

Is there are function in blizz abs that can show name skill when the character use it?
ex : When I use cross cut then word cross cut is appeared on the screen
      or when I using combo skill Wind storm then that combo name will appear on the screen too

Ps : sorry if my english is horrible

OracleGames

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on October 20, 2010, 09:50:48 am
Is there are function in blizz abs that can show name skill when the character use it?
      or when I using combo skill Wind storm then that combo name will appear on the screen too

Animations + Combo ;) make animations with the names of the skills you want.

The Niche

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: OracleGames on October 20, 2010, 02:44:46 pm
Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on October 20, 2010, 09:50:48 am

Animations + Combo ;) make animations with the names of the skills you want.

If I can do that I wouldn't need to ask here  :^_^':

The Niche

It's simple enough.Have the skill link to a combo,which displays a pictureof the name of your skill. I'd recommend using GIMP for it, easiest solution.