[XP] Nortos CMS(s) v1.1.1 (My first Script) Credit to Nortos and Silentwalker

Started by Nortos, January 11, 2008, 06:17:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

January 27, 2008, 05:47:33 am #20 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:53:07 am by Nortos
wtf lol how do I keep doing that  uploading now...

EDIT:  Updated first post and here they're

Pic Edition

Map Edition

Calintz

Nortos

I just ziped this time like Blizzy said it's easier

Calintz

Silentwalker

Nice script...but it isn't yours!!

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=17730&hl=

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=23011

I'm feeling really sad...why did you do that? it isn't your work, it was my first script, and has a lot of bugs, and you simply copy it and say its yours...

I'm disappointed...

... excuse my bad English ...

Calintz

Umm...Nortos??
>>what's going on??<<

Did you really copy it? They do look an awful like each other.

Blizzard

Alright, before anybody starts accusing anybody, how about you check the scripts first? It IS possible that you have the same layout, but a different code. Happened to me and another coder once as well. In fact, we were BOTH copying the FFIX party change layout, that's why our layouts turned out very similar. If the script is the same, then it could be theft, otherwise it's not. Let's see what Nortos has to say first. And besides, you should check his coding first before you accuse him of stealing scripts.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Silentwalker

Actually i did it...

He just remove some comments, and he replace my window with the percentage of game completed with a playtime window.

The window's size are exactly the same, and the speed of moving are the same, and the tone of viewport is the same...
The menustatus window, is the same...

May be the layout can be a coincidence, but so many details obviusly can`t.

I am saddened by only come to the forum for this, it took me by surprise really...

Blizzard

January 31, 2008, 07:37:09 pm #29 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:41:08 pm by Blizzard
Look, the forum is not responsible for any theft that may occur. For something like this, only the poster can be held responsible. I am not defending Nortos in any way, he has to do it himself, because this is a serious accusation. I suggest that you wait for him to answer. I will compare the two codes myself as soon as I can to give an objective and professional view of the situation. Trust me, I've coded enough to know when somebody copied code and when they didn't.

EDIT:

Window sizes and positions are minor details that could have been coded by anybody. It's the actual code that matters, not simply the design.
Sorry, I'm not active at rmxp or CA, so I'm likely not to know.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Nortos

February 01, 2008, 02:36:16 am #31 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:10:59 am by Nortos
what I just go offline cos of school for like 2 days and this is what I get??? I'm not even active in .org or CA scripts sections I've only ever posted in the cross command thread once when I was a nub and my project threads.
I don't have time to check it out and I don't really give a crap if someone accuses me, I'm studying atm, but first here's some points, I used the location window code given to me from an Australian gaming forum friend, does his CMS even have animated windows?
  I got my code from help from a ruby programmer the same guy who helped me with window location ,FTS helped me with a fair bit of this and I learnt how to script from him and Dub's tuts, the layout came from a game I've been playing recently on my PSP using a modulator I forget name atm but it inspired me.
Maybe he copied silent I don't know but I sure don't like being called a liar, I spent 6hrs trying to find how to do the icons, after he helped me and I'm sorry if he did copy you.
I'm not going to take the time to look at this guy's menu I dnt have time and I don't care if you guys delete this than...do w/e you want...

Calintz

I know what you mean with the icons!! Took me like 30mins to figure them out also!

Silentwalker

Come on, my menu had animated windows too! with the same methods! same speed of moving!

you didnt do anything of that you claim own, its my work! some scripters helped me and they wrote some methods too! you're stealing me and you defend yourself! its amazing, i've never disappointed so much with something, the rpg maker world its darkest that i thought, i'm feeling sad of seeing you even now saying the menu its yours...

The layout
Scene
Windows

that most scripters use, I DONT IN MY FIRST, i wrote first all the windows, and then the scene...

Mikey Duran

Ok, ok, What the Heck is going on here? Do not be shitting around Nortos... I really like Silentwalker scripts and I´m a proffessional scripter of Ruby and C++, and everyone would notice that you´re just a terrible lier. Come on, how many people would do exactly the same menu style? At least you could say that t´s a mod of Silentwlaker´s CMS. I have studied it on the long run and it´s so obvious that that is a copy of the script. you just erased some comments. Another thing, if you use code of other people to supposedly make your scripts, oh men, you´re being a terrible scripter. Unless it´s involved with Win32Api Code, you shouldn´t rip part of code of other people and put it in an script without saying who were the authours of those parts. For example, i Saw Samo, the thief´s Advanced Real Time Battle System, and although the guy ripped greatly part of scripts of other people for Win32Api Code, he put everyone in the credits who worked with him, the authours, evryone. If you want to make up everything, first apologize to Silentwalker, admit it, and say the names of everyone who helped you. Good Day.

Blizzard

February 01, 2008, 09:34:34 am #35 Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:36:52 am by Blizzard
Heh, you were a bit faster then me, Mikey. xD

Anyway, I went through both codes and here is the summary:

1. There are a couple of similar window codes, but EVERYBODY uses those codes or slight modifications of them as they are actually RTP scripts. In this case you are both "stealing" from Enterbrain.

2. There are some minor similarities from which only one really looks like a copy and this is the help window. But since Nortos said that he had help from other scripters, it actually means nothing. It could also be that you and Nortos both took some coding from somebody else or somebody else remembered your coding.

3. Scene structures are different. Their basic structures are similar, but EVERY scene has about the same basic structure, so this is not a valid reason to accuse somebody of script theft.

4. Nortos' CMS is twice as long in code and has extra code.

5. Due to his coding skills ( http://z3.invisionfree.com/ChaosProject/index.php?showtopic=1061 ), Nortos actually doesn't have a real reason to steal anything. If he can make a CBS, a CMS is no problem for him.

Summary: Almost everybody puts the windows first, this is no valid reason to accuse somebody of stealing. Every piece of code that could be considered as "stolen" can be found in like every other CMS script as well (ie. location window). Several pieces of the code look similar, because they were both copied from the same source and modified. The only thing that really looks similar is one window and the operation this one window. As I said, this can be due to the help Nortos had. Some other coder could have seen your script, seen that window and rewritten the code. Nortos menu has more code and the actual scene code is VERY different.

I say with 98% certainity that those two codes are not copies one from each other. They ARE similar, but hey, go find two CMSes that don't have some pieces of code similar. I welcome any other third-party opinion.

Silentwalker

Blizzard..what about the moving windows methods?...

Come on..anybody can adds some lines of codes, like the icons addon, but, still is a modification without proper credits...

Blizzard

In fact I told him how to make windows move.

Leon_Westbrooke

Perhaps I can help shed some light on this.  I know you are wondering how I can be involved, but in truth, I am the one who was helping SilentWalker with this script back in June. 

Now, yes, these are strikingly close, with Nortos adding some things that SilentWalker didn't have.  I am not saying Nortos ripped the script off, but maybe his friend from that Austrailian gaming forum did use this one as an example.

I can see why SilentWalker is upset, because yes, he did have the design. And I can also see why Nortos is mad, being accused of plagurism.

There is no real way to tell if Nortos indirectly (by that, i mean, had been given SilentWalker's CMS as fodder by someone else) and was editing it at the same time, or if he did infact copy and edit it.  Unfortunately, there will be no way to solve this.

So, instead of everybody pointing fingers in accusation, SilentWalker, you are my friend, but even my definition of copyright, if he did copy it, he changed it, and therefore, you actually can't say it is yours.

Nortos, if you do have any knowledge of any of this being from SilentWalker's script (i am not saying you did it, seriously), then atleast give him some credit.  I mean, a little extra credit doesn't hurt.

So, instead of accusations, let's just... get along. We all have the same goals anyway. Make games, and share resources.

Calintz

Hmm...I'm glad you weren't stilling scripts Nortos...:)
>> Thnx for clearing that up Blizzard...