Legends Of Chaotica: Burnhart

Started by winkio, May 09, 2008, 05:48:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

May 09, 2008, 05:48:19 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:10:25 pm by winkio
PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELED AND TOPIC LOCKED.  DELETE IF MODS WANT.

Background Story:
In the beginning, nothing existed.  There was no land, no water, no air.  There was not even time.  But then, suddenly, everything began to exist.  Out of the void burst ether, from which all time, space, and energy were created.  That ether was shaped by the two dominating forces of the realm: Chaos and Law.  These forces coexisted, interacting with each other to create a vast group of continents, bursting with life and energy.  Thus, the realm of Chaotica was set in motion, marching towards its destiny... (see manual for full story)

Game's story:
(see manual for full story)...Now, it is up to Burnhart to save the entire continent.  He makes a deal with the lord of the netherworlds, Atheds, promising him Zeriathor's soul in exchange for weaponry.  Now, our hero sets out on his epic journey, armed with a blade that can destroy Zeriathor's magic and free the people.

Main Characters:

Burnhart: The prince of the kingdom of darkness.  Burnhart is unpredictable and enjoys the beauty of chaos.  He is very strong and uses melee weapons, and has fire skills, technique skills, and a few healing skills.  When Zeriathor enslaved the continent, he was one of the few who evaded capture.

Illuvia: A witch in the swamp, Illuvia likes to use powerful magic and inflict status effects

Sokun: A talented martial artist, Shepun uses his high agility and strength to overwhelm opponents, also using his deadly skills.

Qil: The Priest of Death, Qil is very mysterious.  It uses throwing knives as a weapon, and its skills are extremely powerful.  It is very secretive, and no one has actually ever seen its face or knows its gender, if it even has one.

Zeriathor: The ruler of the kingdom of light.  When he came to power, he enslaved the realm with powerful magic.  Now, he has become an absolute dictator.  Unaware of the forces he has unbalanced, his steadfast views have not changed since he rose to power.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Credits:  Various.  Blizz of course, Zeriab, Land of Shadows, Enterbrain, Nouman, Irock, LandofShadows

Any/all feedback is appreciated!

Calintz

Fallen Angel X

Looks pretty cool! :D When can we be expecting a demo? Unless of course there is one and I skipped through it >_> But yeah, looks awesome to the nth degree! XD

winkio

May 09, 2008, 10:08:20 pm #3 Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:55:32 pm by winkio
the demo is the top link!

EDIT: srry for yelling at you FAX.  we all have those days.

Fallen Angel X

lolz sry I never read the first sentence XD besides I'm off today, like a lot. Anyways I'll play it later.

winkio

May 09, 2008, 10:54:30 pm #5 Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:28:02 pm by winkio
just a little update: I'm halfway through writing out the full storyline of the game so far.  Then, I shall implement it, as well as the few quests and puzzles that go along with it, into the game and post another release, v0.21. :D

EDIT: FINISHED AND UPLOADED! ;D

Vell

I might download and play that tomorrow... or maybe not. the game seems interesting enough. I ike how the usual roles are changed. DARK IS GOOD AND LIGHT EVIL, FINALLY!

winkio

May 10, 2008, 10:53:14 pm #7 Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 05:39:54 pm by winkio
Quote from: UltaFlame on May 10, 2008, 10:48:50 pm
I ike how the usual roles are changed. DARK IS GOOD AND LIGHT EVIL, FINALLY!

hehehe.  That's what you IT thinks.  I've got quite a good storyline planned out for this one, if I can ever complete the whole game.

EDIT: Yay! It moved from the "New Projects" section to the "Projects" section!  I guess i'll start working on it harder now.  Maybe once I'm done with school...

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

winkio

fixed it.  One of my friends told me earlier today, and I jsut got around to it.

nathmatt

theres an abs bug on ur game it hapens when u dthe fire ball on an enemy
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

winkio

May 22, 2008, 08:08:01 pm #11 Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:46:09 pm by winkio
yes, and with some of the other spells that you get later too.  it does not happen every time, but I have yet to figure out why it happens.  My reccomendation is just to save your game often.  I'm working on figuring that one out, but it has to do with how things are set up in my game, not with the ABS script itself.

This is the error, right?:

or

EDIT: ok, I think I fixed it.  v0.22 is now uploaded.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I would, but I've made so many modifications to your code that it takes a while to transfer them all whenever I update versions.  So I'm waiting for 2.00 ;)

JohnPetrucciPwns

I think during the intro cut scene where he first wakes up, the text is awfully quick and I missed out on a few words on two occasions. Maybe you should give more time to the reader, I mean, if anything, they can skip the text if they read it fast enough, but if they can't read like lightning, you should slow it down.

That's all I got to say so far.