[Java] Origin Spark UPDATE:Changed Everything.

Started by wingish, January 03, 2011, 02:23:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wingish

January 03, 2011, 02:23:54 am Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:52:19 pm by wingish

Insert catchy slogan here.

Click on the thumbnails to see the whole picture. These are pretty old images.

What is the story behind Origin Spark?
In the beginning, humans were created by a powerful immortal being. They resembled him in shape, and posture. He was strict and unforgiving, and the humans were expected to worship him as a god. They were treated poorly by their creator for many decades. He had kept the humans within his control for many years, but the humans were made to have the mind and potential of their own creator and soon began to rebel. A group of seven humans worked together to attempt to imprison their ruthless creator, but his strength was to much to be contained. They were forced to divide his energy into five seeds. These five seeds stored immense power, and were distributed between five great tribes who inhabited the world. Tradition decrees that the seed must only be passed on to those with royal blood, direct descendants of those who ruled the tribes. That is, until, the Origin seed, ruled by the Origin tribe, was stolen in the middle of the night. The exile, the king's brother, had taken his revenge on them. With the seed, he grew powerful, and more crazed than ever to wreak destruction upon those who had rendered his life miserable those past ten years. The tyrant, ruled alone. The Origin seed alone was his army, forced to do his bidding. He also hid the four other seeds in the far corners of the world. He crushed anyone who stood in his way. One by one, family by family, tribe by tribe, everything was destroyed, and he had no mercy. He killed all who defied him, and all who he thought would. Everyone was killed, except a handful of men who were the last people who had escaped the tyranny of the king's brother. They fought as they never had fought before, but soon enough, the extreme power of the Origin seed overwhelmed them, and they were tossed into the burning pit of hell.

The king's brother declared the world his, and began to build his empire of doom, with the Origin seed making him immortal.
But, the prisoners, slaves forced to work, soon rebelled, and hatched a plan to overthrow the great tyrant. Together, they created a hallow sabre, and destroyed the evil blanketed over the realm. Legend has it, that the seed first unwillingly aids a devil, dies, and becomes a tree. Then, the tree releases a new seed, each one stronger than the last, and aids a hero with a pure heart and good intent. Many years later, the hero found a tree and rested on it with mortal wounds from many days of battling. However, when he awoke, he found his wounds healed, and a tiny seed clutched in his hand. Soon enough, he had a relevation, and realized the seed was the legendary Origin seed. The hero became to be a wise and kind ruler, and once again, the world was at peace. When the great king was at his deathbed, he hid the Origin seed, telling the location only to his most loyal companions, and when they also died, the secret was lost, recognized only as a fable. Centuries later, our story begins. You, a bold adventurer sets out in the world to find the Origin seed, and once again regain the peace that had been lost when the Origin seed was hidden. You begin your journey in a little town called Vasilias, where the Origin tribe was born. Along with many others, you begin the quest to find the Origin seed.

What is special about Origin Spark?
Interaction
We've all been around mindlessly grinding to get two billion mushroom caps because some guy thought it would be a great idea to make soup out of a living vegetable body part, and most of the time it isn't relevant to anything. In Origin Spark we're aiming to hopefully establish a emotional connection with the characters you encounter by giving them dynamic qualities and their own back grounds. With this we can create engaging stories containing excitement, and give characters more of a purpose than to ask you to run their errands.

Flexibility
Maybe engaging hundreds of thrilling battles isn't your type of thing, and you're looking for a more calm and relaxing environment. Origin Spark isn't just about the combat, but it's about the community as a whole. You can explore the limits of Origin Spark, collect resources, or train to become the best. No matter what you're doing, you still have a part in the community.

Accomplishment
Origin Spark will consist of many milestones, for those who like to work towards a goal. You can travel to the most hidden locations, defeat the strongest demon, or retrieve the rarest artifacts. There will be different destinations that will hopefully give a sense of accomplishment when they are reached. In the end it's your will that will keep the story going.

Images
Spoiler: ShowHide

Links
Community: Origin Spark Community

WhiteRose

Looks cool. I especially like the graphical style. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

winkio

Good concept, hope it turns out well.

mroedesigns

Looking good! I first started programming in vb6, although if I'm going to be honest I was never able to do much of anything with graphics.
I just used it to make text based games.. then again I was like 10 or something. /offtopic

Do you have a development blog or anything like that? I'd love to watch this project grow  :D

wingish

I failed to mention this game will be online, and I will be using a pre-made source. However, many edits are going into it to make this work.

I am considering making a blog, however all progress is already displayed on the portal of my forum. We'll see what happens.

mroedesigns

Quote from: wingish on January 03, 2011, 05:10:10 pm
I failed to mention this game will be online, and I will be using a pre-made source. However, many edits are going into it to make this work.

You wouldn't happen to be using vbGore would you? :O That's a very nice engine too

Quote from: wingish on January 03, 2011, 05:10:10 pm
I am considering making a blog, however all progress is already displayed on the portal of my forum. We'll see what happens.

Ohh, well that works. I just wasn't aware. :]

wingish

We're not using vbGore. Its source seems quite messy. I'm using Eclipse Origins.

mroedesigns

Quote from: wingish on January 03, 2011, 09:10:54 pm
We're not using vbGore. Its source seems quite messy. I'm using Eclipse Origins.

Oh, nice. Yeah VBGore has become a bit cluttered over time. But it's a good engine imho. Never used eclipse, but it looks pretty good!

Wizered67

Cool. I've been to the eclipse website before and your game looks better than most. Good luck and happy game making!  :D

wingish

I'm probably going to make a blog now, because users in SMF kept getting errors, so I moved to phpBB.

wingish

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 90 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Bump from the past. Brings back good, and bad memories for me.

wingish

March 03, 2012, 05:24:50 am #11 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:00:55 am by Blizzard
Bump new screen shot.

ForeverZer0

For some strange reason, ESET does not like the links to your website and the IP is blocked...

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

wingish

April 30, 2012, 08:50:28 pm #13 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:00:51 am by Blizzard
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 04, 2012, 02:56:35 am
For some strange reason, ESET does not like the links to your website and the IP is blocked...

It was because I had a co.cc domain. There should be no problems this time, as I have a actual domain.

Updated screen shots:

wingish

May 03, 2012, 01:51:47 am #14 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:00:41 am by Blizzard
Bump, new screenshot!

Spoofus

I love the new graphic style use are using reminds me of pokemon,and the game looks like it will definetly be promising

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

wingish

April 19, 2013, 05:43:02 am #16 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:00:09 am by Blizzard
It's been awhile so I thought I would update you all with a picture!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Still in java? Or did you end up in VB6 again?
Also I love the graphics + HUD but the hud!

wingish

Quote from: Zexion on April 19, 2013, 01:43:23 pm
Still in java? Or did you end up in VB6 again?
Also I love the graphics + HUD but the hud!

It's being made in Java. It was originally VB6, but there was nothing done yet. The new programmer proposed we make it in scratch from Java, and we have been progressing pleasantly.