The Video Game Nostalgia Thread

Started by Kett Shee, July 29, 2010, 01:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

I admit i'm a lazy bastard, so if these have been mentioned already here, somebody give me a kick on the ass.

Kirby's adventure, especially the NES version. All though the GBA re-make is not that different, i prefer the original. I even own it IRL, i just have no clue where i've lost the cartridge.
Then there are the Castlevanias. I own Simon's curse my self. Then there is Duck Hunt. On a emulator, it's a complete waste of time, but with the actual zapper, it's way more fun.
Then there's the Nintendo World Cup soccer game. The best soccer game. EVER!
Then we leave the NES territory for now and enter PSX world. First three Tekkens, ah so good. Crash series (Sierra ruined it, hang them!), Spyro-series (haven't played these new ones...), then there was a sort of a physics puzzle game, Kula World. And then there were Twisted Metal games... And the two games where you play as a skeleton (forgotten the series name)...
And Soul Reaver. I love that game.

Blizzard

I loved the whole Legacy of Kain series, though I never played Blood Omen 1.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

another good classic oldie was Brain Lord on SNES

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

V o d

Do I have the right to revive this super dead sticky topic? :(

Spoiler: ShowHide

not exactly my favorite but I remember my mom always playing it when I was little. So it's part of my childhood.

I'm a one-man army!

First RPG ever but was so hard to play no matter how hard I blew ;-;

and

The translation was bad but loved it anyways.

Spoofus

Figured I put it in this topic since this was all nostalgia related to begin with.
Here are images of some games that I have recently purchased online and they just came in and all work really great.(images are taken off the internet due to not having a camera at the moment.)
Let's just say that I am in a very happy place as of now.If only the rest of my order comes through. :)
games not shown that I ordered:(total spent on all of this came out to $314.76(shipping and handling included)
Lagoon
Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest
Lufia
Lufia 2
Brainlord
Drakkhen
Secret of the Stars
Paladin's Quest
Soul Blazer
Eye of the Beholder

7th Saga;

Arcana:

Breath of Fire:

Earthbound:

E.V.O:

Illusion of Gaia:

Robotrek:

Suikoden:

Shadowrun:

I am gonan try to put up some sceens of from me actually playing the games themselves.

Blizzard

While I was in the hospital I played on the SNES emulator on my iPod Touch to kill time. I played Zelda 3, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals, Ogre Battle - March of the Black Queen and Final Fantasy 6.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I'm playing link to the past now actually.  Just beat the first dark world dungeon.

Spoofus

YES! I just got the confirmation that the rest of my order will be in tomorrow,I am rather excited.

But until then I decided to stop playing Secret of Evermore and begin playing Robotrek.
those of you haven't played that game before really should try it out,it is one of the more entertaining rpgs I have ever played.

Blizzard

I agree. Robotrek was quite fun.

@winkio: It was a bit of a challenge to play it on the screen of an iPod Touch with the buttons being so small and all. xD Same goes for Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore. That's why I tried playing mostly turn-based games. xD

winkio

I'm playing on my laptop.  Frame skip is so nice.

Landith

Is there anything different from the GBA version of a Link to the Past from the original SNES version?
I've only played the GBA version so I'm not sure...

winkio

Lobstrosity

The first video game I ever played. :P I know, it's not that old, but it's nostalgic for me.

Also, my favourite video game of all time:
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on June 13, 2012, 09:02:19 pm
I'm playing on my laptop.  Frame skip is so nice.

Especially with games like Ogre Battle. #_#

Spoofus

yeah ogre battle on a actual console tends to take forever,I know I have played it many a time on my SNES.
it takes a minimum of 1 hours to get past some of the later parts of the games without frame skip

G_G

First game I ever played. And it was the actual SNES version.

First FF game I ever played. Also the SNES version.

Holyrapid

Gotta revive this topic...
*uses a phoenix down*

The djou thing is supposed to be the chanting sound... Difficult as fuck, but in a fair and enjoyable way.
djou, djou, djou...: ShowHide

Still my favorite, even after all these years. Eddie <3 One of my favorites. So is Jin...
the best fighting game i've played: ShowHide

I love the original three, plus the two spin-off's on ps1 and i feel that Wrath is at par with the ps1 games... But the sierra games... GOD HAVE MERCY!
one of the best 3d platformers ever!: ShowHide

I still have this and the third one, and i used to have the first, but have lost it... haven't played the newer ones, are they any good? I have heard a bit of hate towards them, but nowhere as much as towards Sierra and what they did with Crash
and so is this.: ShowHide

WhiteRose

January 31, 2014, 12:43:11 am #117 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:18:53 pm by WhiteRose
Bumping an old thread, but it's a good thread, so why not?

EDIT: Did anyone else play this game when they were a kid?

EDIT 2: Also, Spy Fox. Good times. I think I probably missed about half of the jokes in that game.

Quote"Spy Fox to Mobile Command Center... I've penetrated William the Kid's secret fortress, and I've found the disarm button for his dastardly Milky Weapon of Destruction. Unfortunately, it seems to require some sort of diode to function. In lieu of further developments, I think I'll spend the next few hours playing Happy Fun Sub on my Spy Watch. Spy Fox out."

XD

I just saw that they re-released these for the app store. I wonder if my little sister would like them as much as I did....

Holyrapid

BUMP!

Let's see here... Nostalgia means mainly PS1 and NES for me :P

I really need to finish this: ShowHide

I loved the demo i had as a kid and wanted the full game, and i do have it, though on the PS3... I need to find time to finish this awesome game at some point...

Then there's
R-type and other SHMUPS: ShowHide

Even though i generally tend to suck at them, i find them mostly fun.

WhiteRose

I played R-Type back on the SNES. Good times.

I think I liked Darius Twin better, though, because of the two-player co-op. I'm pretty sure later R-Types added that, though.