Okay so I've been working on a way to give the player more feedback as to when status effects/states are removed. The issue is since I have about 20 or so states the current system I'm using is getting a bit bloated and doesn't really work for enemies since common events only checks enemy index 1-8 rather than get specifics. (It's technically an issue with the party members too but since I plan to have a mostly fixed party order it's not as big of an issue though if it can be fixed too I'd appreciate it)
Here's a screenshot of a bit of the common event I'm using, basically each battle it'd be called on a per-turn basis.
I like trying things out before asking for help but this has got me stumped. It'd also be nice if there was a way to check if they have any states, before running, though the only way I could think of to do this would be have a "No states" state that gets removed if any are added. Either way I look forward to any tips you guys can think of to help me out.
QuoteIt'd also be nice if there was a way to check if they have any states
$game_party.actors[ID].states.size > 0
Replace ID with the actor's party index, starting with 0.
An enemy's name is
Again, replace ID with troop index, starting with 0. You can store that into a game variable ($game_variables[ID] = ENEMY NAME
) which you can then use in a Show Message event.
Things get trickier with checking when a state is added or removed. The scripting-route would require adding a new variable and aliasing the add_state
Personally, I'm not a fan of having a giant text window pop-up in battle to tell me that I have a status ailment and having to destroy my keyboard to cycle through all the messages every turn.
Both those worked perfectly you're a lifesaver KK!
As far as it being annoying, I forgot to mention I set the text mode to All at once to mimic the window message pop ups like when you use an attack. I did delete the middle "Suffering from Poison" message since it's more redundant than helpful. Now it only plays when a state is added or removed.
For now I've just got a bunch of switches for each individual state that gets the job done well enough, the only time it gets a bit spammy is if multiple states are lost in a turn. That shouldn't happen too often though.