Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] Global Day-and-Night ...
Last post by KK20 - February 18, 2024, 12:04:43 am
Stays at 00:00 forever? Did you change the configurations? From what I remember, the script doesn't take the current time; you can make up your own calendar and define how long a day is represented in-game. Think the script always starts you at midnight.

Changing the global variable for ates version makes sense. Honestly surprising it's still 1.0 in ATES despite Blizz claiming he made this RMXOS script compatible with it.
Last post by Bahamut-XIV - February 17, 2024, 05:47:22 pm
i had an error on the ates and said its was not the right version so i changed this $ates = 1.0 to $ates = 1.1 on line 409 but on the server side extension the clock stays at 00:00

Loading extensions...
    > Global DNS Current Time: 00:00
'Ates.rb' v1.2 loaded and initialized.
Last post by KK20 - February 16, 2024, 12:53:25 pm
You're referring to this script? https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12869.0.html

What about it doesn't work? You need to provide more context for anyone to give you help.
Last post by Bahamut-XIV - February 15, 2024, 09:16:55 pm
Anyone have still the right ates to make this work, the one in list of rmxp scripts doenst work with this , thank you in advance
Projects / Games / Re: Rave Heart
Last post by Starmage - February 12, 2024, 09:59:00 pm
Hello everyone! Rave Heart is 50% Off for the RPGmaker Festival 2024 celebration! :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1375880/Rave_Heart/
Script Requests / Re: [RMXP] Pixel-based movemen...
Last post by Blizzard - February 11, 2024, 05:56:39 am
Hm, maybe you could just use Blizz-ABS. It has pixel-movement and caterpillar with default map passability. You just need to turn off the battle stuff.
New Projects / Re: Heroes of the Seasons
Last post by Starmage - February 10, 2024, 11:21:46 pm
Hi everyone! Here's the 6th batch of mercenaries spotlight for Heroes of the Seasons! <3 Stay tuned for more! ^_^
Last post by KK20 - February 09, 2024, 02:14:09 am
I noticed that weird behavior with Drago's script. I've made a patch that you can stick to the bottom of it:
class Scene_Map
  alias reset_pixel_on_transfer_player transfer_player
  def transfer_player
    $game_player.reset_pixel
    $game_player.transfer_start = [$game_temp.player_new_x, $game_temp.player_new_y]
    reset_pixel_on_transfer_player
  end
end

class Game_Player
  attr_accessor :transfer_start

TRANSFER_START_NIL = [-1,-1]

alias init_starting_transfer_loc initialize
  def initialize
    @transfer_start = TRANSFER_START_NIL
    init_starting_transfer_loc
  end

alias check_if_move_off_transfer_start update
  def update
    if @x != @transfer_start[0] || @y != @transfer_start[1]
      @transfer_start = TRANSFER_START_NIL
    end
    check_if_move_off_transfer_start
  end

alias buffer_trigger_here check_event_trigger_here
  def check_event_trigger_here(triggers)
    if @x == @transfer_start[0] && @y == @transfer_start[1]
      return false
    end
    buffer_trigger_here(triggers)
  end

end
Addresses two things
1. If the player is offset before triggering a map transfer, the game "slides" it back to that same offset upon loading the new map. The fix will stop that slide.
2. If transferring on top of another event that is triggered by player touch, it will trigger upon the player pressing any directional input. The fix will not trigger the event until the player has moved entirely off the space first.

I've also looked at various caterpillar scripts. Fukuyama's (which I think Blizz rewrote and included in Tons of Add-ons) behaves upon player directional input, i.e. one press of DOWN will update all the followers to move 1 full tile space forward, which doesn't work with pixel movement since one press of DOWN isn't a full tile space anymore. In contrast, Zeriab's and Kyonides' wait for the player to move entirely off of the tile first before it updates the movement of the followers 1 full tile forward. This looks better, but this means the followers still move as if using the default RMXP movement, unlike the player.

Both scripts I tried enabling "pixel_movement = true" but the followers' behaviors were still wonky.
New Projects / Re: Heroes of the Seasons
Last post by Starmage - February 08, 2024, 10:36:51 pm
Hello everyone! Here's the 5th batch of mercenaries spotlight for Heroes of the Seasons! Hope you all enjoyed it! Stay tuned for more! <3 ^^

Last post by tsuchiphox - February 07, 2024, 06:58:57 pm
So  a bit of an update to this, i have got something slightly working but it has all kinds of weird errors. So first of all, i'm using fukuyama's caterpillar script and Drago's pixel movement, and they ''work'' together, but the follower character moves like twice as fast, ignores collision, sometimes moves strangely, and generally does not behave normally. No idea what in the code is causing this, my only guess would be that Drago's pixel movement script is only four directional movement while the caterpillar script supports eight directions (diagonal)? I dunno. If video is needed for this issue i can record it and link it here so you can understand what i mean when i say the follower acts very strange in game.
It's also worth noting that Drago's pixel movement is causing issues with the loading zones in the game, repeatedly warping the player back and forth on the event tiles for some reason. This script might end up being unusable anyways.
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10