Evented menu issue

Started by mroedesigns, September 01, 2011, 04:30:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mroedesigns

I'm making a character creation screen with events. I've got the menu set up and if I use just the variable it will scroll through the menu like I want it to. But for some reason this event doesnt work.

Spoiler: ShowHide

It goes on with two more similar checks for up and down keys. The second page, self switch A, is simply a parallel process that waits 40 frames and turns the self switch off.

mroedesigns

Anyone know why this isn't working?  :???: Im confused.

G_G

Maybe upload a demo and I'll tinker with it.

mroedesigns

I went to se up the demo, and when I took everything out the menu works  :roll:

So it must be something messing with the input, most likely blizz-abs... any ideas how to get around this?

G_G

I think it has to do with Blizz-ABSeal. Try setting a graphic then set the opacity to 0.

mroedesigns

I don't understand what you mean, what would that solve?

G_G

Blizz-ABSeal is an anti event lag system. I think i read somewhere that it doesn't update events that don't have graphics so if you want it to update set a graphic and change the opacity to 0.

mroedesigns

No dice, it still doesn't respond.

mroedesigns

Anyone? I really like the menu, and it works. I just need to figure out what's interupting it.. I tried turning off blizz abs to see if that fixed it, but it didn't surprisingly. Any other ideas?

mroedesigns

December 19, 2011, 05:35:27 pm #9 Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:23:40 pm by mroedesigns
So I hope I dont get super flamed for tripple posting and necro posting, but it is my thread after all :p

I still havent been able to figure this out.. Im going to upload a demo with all scripts except rmx-os to see if anyone can figure this out

http://mroedesigns.webs.com/bloodlines.rar

Edit :: Now that I think about it, I may have removed the section that hides all the ABS stuff and turns off blizz ABS, but I did have that in there, and it still didn't work.

Agckuu Coceg

You use a Blizz-ABS. It's can't support normal controls of RMXP even if you turn off it, so you need to redesign the controls like this in conditional branches.

QuoteInput.press?(Input::Key['Your Key'])

Put that on the "script" in conditional branches, and it works.

And... That menu, that you have done, isn't good and have many mistakes in eventing code. You need to simple the design of this.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Wizered67

I went ahead and changed all of the conditional branches checking for input to the Blizz-ABS way. It seems to work. http://www.sendspace.com/file/vk14my

mroedesigns

Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on December 20, 2011, 03:04:11 pm
You use a Blizz-ABS. It's can't support normal controls of RMXP even if you turn off it, so you need to redesign the controls like this in conditional branches.

thanks for the help, but..

Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on December 20, 2011, 03:04:11 pm
And... That menu, that you have done, isn't good and have many mistakes in eventing code. You need to simple the design of this.

That was a bit uncalled for. Its a complex menu, but it works perfectly other than the issue with the input.