need help refining a autotile i made...

Started by leeman27534, November 22, 2012, 09:18:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leeman27534

not quite sure how autotiles work, but the one i made seems to be mostly working, i dont expect miracles, but ill give this a shot...

is the auto tile i made, and it works mostly, except for some white spots in certain patterns...

the corner spots, and the other areas where its extended past the 3X3 square, where it just stops drawing for hald a tile... any way to fix that using the three 32X32 spaces at teh top? originally, i had a pentagram there, hoping that a single tile of it would be the pentagram, but the 3X3 square would look like the 96X96 area, but the pentagram never even showed up.
i can just make a 32X32 pentagram, and put that in the event layer, so NP there, but the not finishing drawing the white spots i wanted to see if that could be fixed. im not expecting it to look prefect or anything, as some of them look all kinds of weird, but at least have it try to connect to it... i really like making geometrical patterns, and while a lot of them are too complex to use here, unless i made the whole level background them, this one i feel i can.
is there any way that using the top 3 32X32 spots will make it try and auto connect?
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12571.msg171698.html#msg171698
Working on a game version of an idea me and my friends roleplay, and woulda made a D&D game out of, had we have been into D&D.

Blizzard

You are missing the corners in the top left and top right of your graphic. Take a look at another autotile and you'll notice it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

leeman27534

i know, i just dunno what to put there to make it work.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12571.msg171698.html#msg171698
Working on a game version of an idea me and my friends roleplay, and woulda made a D&D game out of, had we have been into D&D.