[XP] Enemy Stat Breaker

Started by G_G, January 25, 2009, 10:33:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 25, 2009, 10:33:46 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:57:04 am by shdwlink1993
Enemy Stat Breaker
Authors: game_guy
Version: 1.0
Type: Misc Add-On
Key Term: Misc Add-On

Introduction

Tired of the annoying editor limit of 999 for the stats and 9999 for hp and sp for enemies? Deal with it no more! I've always wanted to make a final boss with more than 9999 hp but it was never possible with the editor limit. I no longer have to deal with it!

Features

• Bypass the enemy's max strength, dexterity, intelligence, agility, magic defense, power defense, and attack.
  • Bypass the enemy's max hp and sp

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

http://www.savefile.com/files/1981582 <= Also includes Max Modifier script and equipment stat breaker

Script

#==============================================================================#
#                    Game Guy's Enemy Stat Breaker                             #
#==============================================================================#
# This script breaks the enemy's 999 stat limit. All you do is run            
# This in a script call command.
# $scene = EnemyStatBreak.new
#
# There is a little editing involved. If you want to add an enemy add this under
# the line # Edit Enemies Here
# then add this
# $data_enemies[x].y = z
# X = the id of the enemies
# Y = the stat. Choices for this are str, int, agi, dex, maxhp, maxsp, atk, mdef, pdef, and eva
# Z = the number
#
# Example. You want enemy 25 HP to be 12043 and stregnth to be 1220
# You would enter this below the line
# $data_enemies[25].str = 1220
# $data_enemies[25].maxhp = 12043
#
# You have to enter each monster down more than once if you plan on bypassing more than one stat
#
# I used Blizz's Enemy Stats to show Enemy HP
# I used Blizz's Bestiary to show Enemy Strength to prove I can bypass the editor

class EnemyStatBreaker
  def main
    # Edit Enemies Here
    $data_enemies[1].maxhp = 100000
    $data_enemies[1].str = 1000
    # End Editing Enemies
    @map = Spriteset_Map.new
    loop do
      Graphics.update
      Input.update
      close
      if $scene != self
        break
      end
    end
    Graphics.freeze
    @map.dispose
  end
  def close
    $scene = Scene_Map.new
  end
end

Instructions

Go to line # Edit Enemies Here and add a new line below it. Put this in the line
$data_enemies[x].y = z

X = Enemy ID
Y = Stat Choices are str, dex, agi, int, mdef, pdef, atk
Z = Number

Compatibility

Not compatible with anything else that alters the enemy's stats.

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy for making it easier and forming it into a script
  • Enterbrain for making the default scripts

Author's Notes

Post any bugs you find here please.

Calintz

This is cool...Lol
I think Blizzard uses this feature in CP though...

winkio

Yep, breaking rmxp's database limitations are not that uncommon, but props to you for putting them all together.

Starrodkirby86

I'm curious here. What is the significance of the first screenshot? There's no sign of HP or SP, and the damage doesn't prove anything unless it has the second screenshot accompanying it. Regardless this is a useful feature that should be taken into account. Good job for making this, though I seriously thought you would have just added onto your other script. Doesn't matter though.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

Yea its showing that the ghost has more str than 999

Calintz

At any rate, this is a good feature to have in your games...
I really like the way it was utilized in FFX

Aqua

I agree with Star; I don't see a point in the 1st screenshot...

Also... the way you configure the script will get cumbersome with a lot of edits.
I think it'd be a LOT easier if you used cases and arrays.

G_G

I'm not entirely sure how to use cases and arrays. I would like to be able to set up where you put in the enemy id, type in the stat(s) you want altered and type each number for each stat.

If thats even possible. I still feel good about myself making scripts. I've only released 5 scripts but I have 2 more coming. A multi slot memory card type thing and Skill Stat Breaker.

Reno-s--Joker

Ah, neat! Haha, so you did find out about the enemies.
I'll more than likely find a use for this, thank you! :)

G_G

January 26, 2009, 12:22:30 am #9 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:27:15 am by game_guy
No problem. You should check out my Equipment Stat Breaker as well. Maybe make a legendary weapon or something. I dunno.

EDIT: I realized the first photo is wrong. Its supposed to show the enemy's hp I pressed it at the worng time.

ShadowBlaze

HEY the maximum hp for the enemy OR the player does not go over 1 million >_>
I NEED IT TO GO OVER 100 Million!!!! LOL is that possible?
Results for being 100% left handed:

Things I know about you
1. Your reading my comment
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my comment.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts

G_G

it is possible. you did type the stuff in the correct spot right?
You should use
$data_enemies[x].maxhp = 1000000

ShadowBlaze

Yup, thats what I did, but when i'm fighting the mob's hp displays 999999 instead of 1 million+
Results for being 100% left handed:

Things I know about you
1. Your reading my comment
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my comment.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts

G_G

Then it probably has soething to do with a script I'll look into it in a bit

Shining Riku

I haven't been able to get this to work.

When I use $scene = EnemyStatBreak.new
it says: "uninitialized constant Interpreter::EnemyStatBreak

So I changed the call script to $scene = EnemyStatBreaker.new  like in the script. I get no
errors for running the code, but then it doesn't work.

And by the way, I'm using the legal english version. I wish I knew what was wrong.  :(

G_G

It should work if you followed instructions. I'm trying to figure out an easier way to make this script configurable.

Shining Riku

It's awright, I actually managed to change enemy stats by running some of the sniplets in script calls in events. Which is awesome still.

I did follow the instructions funnily enough, but sometimes my computer is not my friend. Oh well.
I just thought I'd let you know, I hope my reporting helps out someday ya know?  :D

Thank you for making all the scripts you've made. I have like, only enough scripting knowledge to know how to edit some of the default scripts and other scripts people have made. I don't have the time or patience to learn how to make them myself.  :shy:

Thanks again Game Guy! Take care ok?

cheos

March 31, 2011, 09:40:21 am #17 Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:04:31 am by cheos
Quote from: Shining Riku on November 16, 2009, 05:11:03 pm
It's awright, I actually managed to change enemy stats by running some of the sniplets in script calls in events. Which is awesome still.

I did follow the instructions funnily enough, but sometimes my computer is not my friend. Oh well.
I just thought I'd let you know, I hope my reporting helps out someday ya know?  :D

Thank you for making all the scripts you've made. I have like, only enough scripting knowledge to know how to edit some of the default scripts and other scripts people have made. I don't have the time or patience to learn how to make them myself.  :shy:

Thanks again Game Guy! Take care ok?

what did u do 2 get it 2 work cause i ran into the same problem???
*EDIT:nvm i got iw working but then i got the the same kind of error but 4 game_guy equip stat breaker try 2 fix it the same way but now dosent work
what am i Doing wrong :negative:
[Insert Mind Blowing Signature]

hyakkivn

it doesn't work.
I set the enemy #1 to 300k HP (default is a Ghost), but when I attack it with 15k damages, it die :facepalm:
Did I do something wrong...!
Quoteclass EnemyStatBreaker
 def main
   # Edit Enemies Here
   $data_enemies[1].maxhp = 300000
   $data_enemies[1].str = 1000
   # End Editing Enemies

G_G

I think theres an actual cap on the HP. I made this script when I was a beginner. If I were to rescript this I could fix it.