How to add more armor slots

Started by Blizzard, June 13, 2008, 02:00:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

could someone add a demo for download that  has stormtronics CSM fixed up to have these fixed up in it

Jragyn

I would love to utilize something like this in game creation, but after following the instructions to the button... it spits out an error on test that claims:

Script 'Scene_Equip' line 98: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method ` active' for nil:NilClass

Which, line 98 just so happens to be:

97    # If right window is active
98    if @right_window.active
99    # Erase parameters for after equipment change
100      @left_window.set_new_parameters(nil, nil, nil, nil)
101    end

As a person that can barely grasp x and y locations in the script, this makes zero sense to me. :( Perhaps...a little help?
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Aqua

I think you have an extra nil in there...

Here's what mine is
    # If right window is active
    if @right_window.active
      # Erase parameters for after equipment change
      @left_window.set_new_parameters(nil, nil, nil)
    end

Jragyn

scripting is so powerful!
yet one simple thing is keeping it from running altogether.

It pops up with an identical error message.
The problem goes unchanged, even after fixing it as you suggested, with the 'nils'.

What in the world does it even mean?
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Aqua

nil means non-existent.

I hotlinked it... >.<

Here's the demo I had before, just on a site that Star and I co-own.  Open it up and paste the scripts in there over yours and it should be fine.

KRoP

OK, I'm clearly not getting some things here.
1. The new slot appears with no name in game.  How do I change this?
2. How do I create a new weapon/armor for this slot?
:???:

Aqua

Spoiler: ShowHide

def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    @data = []
    @data.push($data_weapons[@actor.weapon_id])
    @data.push($data_armors[@actor.armor1_id])
    @data.push($data_armors[@actor.armor2_id])
    @data.push($data_armors[@actor.armor3_id])
    @data.push($data_armors[@actor.armor4_id])
    @data.push($data_armors[@actor.armor5_id])
    @item_max = @data.size
    self.contents.font.color = system_color
    self.contents.draw_text(4, 32 * 0, 92, 32, $data_system.words.weapon)
    self.contents.draw_text(4, 32 * 1, 92, 32, $data_system.words.armor1)
    self.contents.draw_text(4, 32 * 2, 92, 32, $data_system.words.armor2)
    self.contents.draw_text(4, 32 * 3, 92, 32, $data_system.words.armor3)
    self.contents.draw_text(5, 32 * 4, 92, 32, $data_system.words.armor4)
    self.contents.draw_text(6, 32 * 4, 92, 32, $data_system.words.armor4)
    draw_item_name(@data[0], 92, 32 * 0)
    draw_item_name(@data[1], 92, 32 * 1)
    draw_item_name(@data[2], 92, 32 * 2)
    draw_item_name(@data[3], 92, 32 * 3)
    draw_item_name(@data[4], 92, 32 * 4)
    draw_item_name(@data[5], 92, 32 * 5)
  end

That could should have shown the name for the new slot...  You sure you did that part right?

As for #2... do you mean a new weapon/armor type?  As in... one which cannot be equipped in a different slot?  Because this tutorial was made so that you can equip an extra armor from existing types like accessories. 

KRoP

Quote from: Aqua on October 19, 2008, 07:32:53 pm
As for #2... do you mean a new weapon/armor type?  As in... one which cannot be equipped in a different slot?  Because this tutorial was made so that you can equip an extra armor from existing types like accessories. 

Oh. x_x
Nevermind, then. :P

Blizzard

If you want a custom equipment system, I suggest Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equip. I made most of my scripts affecting equipment work with that one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Exiled_by_choise

Ok first things first this script is the best.

But I followed the instructions step by step and it's all in place but when I go into the menu this happened...

I don't know how to fix it so can someone help me. I want to see the name of the new slot, see what's in it, and make the left and right equip screens bigger.

Blizzard

There was a mistake at the beginning of step 5. I fixed it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Exiled_by_choise

Quote from: Aqua on June 14, 2008, 10:37:45 am

I provided a screenie that you could use, Blizz :)
Only problem with this screenie is that it's a slight edit to the tutorial... =/
It still shows an extra slot though!

Ok how do i change the size of the right window so that it looks like this :???: :???:

Exiled_by_choise

Quote from: Blizzard on October 20, 2008, 05:54:04 am
If you want a custom equipment system, I suggest Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equip. I made most of my scripts affecting equipment work with that one.

Hi can someone give me the script for Guillaume777's Multi slot equip coz I can't find it anywhere. :???:

Starrodkirby86

Researching, seems DerVVulfman made another wonderful script, but since he left, he removed it from RMXP.org (Chances are). Fortunately, House Slasher, one of his new homes, is still up and running successfully and I found the script.

http://houseslasher.com/index.php?showtopic=51

Enjoy.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Boba Fett Link

Could this be used to add more weapon slots for BABS?
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

InfinateX

I'm basing a VX script off of this... I mostly finsihed it but there's a bug with the word end... I've never made my own complete script so I'm seeking help :( I'm gonna post a topic for help here on CP
I made a signature!

Zexion

March 18, 2014, 12:26:45 pm #36 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:33:18 pm by Zexion
I don't mean to necro, but I was just wondering something. If I made an Equip Window from scratch, would it be possible to make 5 accessory slots without any other edits, or would I still have to change some values in other scripts? PS. I don't need anything else to work aside from accessories.

Edit: A better explaination of what I want to do. I want to store the accessories in all four slots, no more shields or armours etc.

KK20

I believe you should be fine. The equip slots for Shields and stuff is just an ID value that the game uses to call $data_armors to get its stats. It's not like RMXP has the "two-handed = no shield" rule either, so you're all good.

I've seen it done before anyways :P

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask what may turn out to be a reaallly dumb question.. I have this set up, and it works perfect, minus one thing. When viewing character 1, it shows the equipment on the character, and, all of the equipment, on the characters under it... (this is in reference to the status screen). When I switch to character 2 (pet rat) it only shows the equipment that the pet is wearing. After that, I took a look at character 3 (she gets added later in the game), and it has the same result as character 1, and shows the items equipped on the pet...

Any thoughts on what be causing this? I have several other scripts, but if someone could give me a hint into what might be causing the issues, I might be able to look into trying to fix it =p

Using:
Blizz stat distro
Tons
Arcanes Alternate Battle Results Window (this in theory shouldn't cause the issue, since it really doesn't even touch the equipment)
My Game_Actor rewrite (this shouldn't cause an issue though, since it just modifies the actor experience on level up)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

My guess is that in your menu system, when it's calling Scene_Equip, it's not starting at 0 like it's supposed to. 0 = first party member, 1 = second party member, etc...

Check Scene_Equip and make sure you didn't change anything on the initialization part and check Scene_Menu and look for where it's calling Scene_Equip.