~Fading Twilight~ DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by WhiteRose, September 02, 2013, 06:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Vell, I actually wasn't trying to follow your character at all. I needed a way to lead into going to the south, to then travel east from there, to the tower.. And saying that he was from that area was an easy way to introduce the thought to everyone in a gradual way lolz
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Vell

I know, but either way, my character acted in character, regardless. *shrug* just wondering if you were interested in the interaction

WhiteRose

September 04, 2013, 06:20:10 pm #22 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:41:02 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: SBR* on September 04, 2013, 04:04:08 pm
@WR: How far from the Tower is Farrance? Is it more than a day's walk?

Yes, it's probably between several days and a week, depending on the speed that one is travelling. With a good horse and not bogged down by a lot of supplies, it could probably be done in three days, two if pushing very, very hard.

EDIT: I apologize again for the lack of response on my part the last day or two. The new semester just started, so it's been a little hectic. >.< I'll be sure to reply this weekend, hopefully tomorrow, so if anyone wants to get a post in before the next part of the story, go ahead. If you're a little busy as well, perfectly understandable. :)

Vell

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

I'm sorry. >.< It's my fault. I'm afraid I bit off a bit more than I could chew with this one. I was expecting to spend twenty minutes tops replying to each post, but my responses ended up being literally 5 pages long in Microsoft Word, which ended up taking a few hours.

I'm all for continuing the RP, but there has to be some way to make it less of time commitment. I love writing and RPing, and would be ecstatic to have a couple free hours to play, but I unfortunately just can't fit it in with the rest of what I need to do. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could speed things up a little? I'd love to pick this up again if I can find a way to make it work.

Vell

November 13, 2013, 12:44:22 pm #26 Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:46:34 pm by Vell
Limit your responses to a few paragraphs at a time. Trust me, it's not as hard as it sounds. Once you get past the part where the RP's opening up, barring a few exceptions, you'll be able to get away with smaller posts. When I gm, most of my posts are the smallest - even when I'm taking a direct hand in things. It gives the RPers more freedom, I feel. That all said, yeah, you'll have to spend about 20 minutes per response if you want it meaty.

Don't necessarily wait 'til everyone's posted, respond to those posts you can when you find the time.

EDIT: Remember that in RPs, time is fluid. Maybe not everyone acts at the same times, or even the same block of time. If someone looks like they're getting ahead, it'll turn out they were actually starting a day or two before everyone else, or maybe the others had a few days of downtime. Unless everyone's in the same space at the same time - ie, in the same city near enough to interact - then they can be treated as being in their own timeblock, which can be shuffled about or even extended to fit in with the timeblocks of everyone else's actions.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Vell on November 13, 2013, 12:44:22 pm
Limit your responses to a few paragraphs at a time. Trust me, it's not as hard as it sounds. Once you get past the part where the RP's opening up, barring a few exceptions, you'll be able to get away with smaller posts. When I gm, most of my posts are the smallest - even when I'm taking a direct hand in things. It gives the RPers more freedom, I feel. That all said, yeah, you'll have to spend about 20 minutes per response if you want it meaty.

Don't necessarily wait 'til everyone's posted, respond to those posts you can when you find the time.

EDIT: Remember that in RPs, time is fluid. Maybe not everyone acts at the same times, or even the same block of time. If someone looks like they're getting ahead, it'll turn out they were actually starting a day or two before everyone else, or maybe the others had a few days of downtime. Unless everyone's in the same space at the same time - ie, in the same city near enough to interact - then they can be treated as being in their own timeblock, which can be shuffled about or even extended to fit in with the timeblocks of everyone else's actions.

That's good advice; maybe I'll keep that in mind and try to start this again this coming weekend.

Taboo

WhiteRose

Quote from: Taboo on February 01, 2014, 03:06:48 pm
So...is this dead?

At the moment, I'd say more in a coma that full-out dead. If people are interested in continuing, I'd be happy to pull things back together, but I'd probably want to change the format just a little bit in order to make it easier to manage. ("Change of format" might be nothing more than me giving shorter answers, though; the only problem with this RP was that I ran out of time to write responses due to outside business.)