"Key Item" menu

Started by AliveDrive, February 26, 2011, 12:59:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

I'm looking for a simple key item type menu.

In my game "Cutscenes!", the player learns various tips and tricks about how to make those events really shine. But I'd like them to be about to recall that information at anytime. The easiest thing I can think of would be to have a key item menu, and then just make a "book" or "note" item which, when selected, refreshes them all about that thing they learned way back at the beginning. I'd like these "notes" to be seperate from regular items however, for convenience sake. I kinda want to make my own but since I know nothing whatsoever about coding, even a rough template to get me on the right track would be appreciated. Thanks guys.  :)
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

Stolen my idea about the rpg academy, I see. And dammit, I was eventually gonna make that game...Anyway, you might be able to do this with Zer0's book script and a common event called by an item.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

No way man, this is specifically for cutscenes.  :haha:
But if you'd like to check it out I can send you what I've got.
I kinda figured I wasn't the first one to come up with such a story though.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.