Cybele Resource Database

Started by G_G, January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: Zhorker on May 14, 2010, 11:36:54 am
Lol. i spent half an hour or so, reading this whole thread only to find out, that its dead... very sad, indeed.  :o

It is back up though.

M3T41 AG3

i cant register on cybele it says table 'Blizzar_cybele.members' doesnt exist.

G_G

May 21, 2010, 11:17:33 pm #142 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:20:39 pm by game_guy
Fixing...

EDIT: Fixed. Sorry bout that.

Sally

G_G

The database is most likely down. I'll message blizzard about it.

Jek

July 23, 2010, 09:43:30 pm #145 Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:54:14 pm by Jek
I have an idea for a feature. Report resources! If a resource is down, people click the Report button. When 5 or so people hit the report button, the image is removed. Or it could get moderated from one report.
On that note... Modern Exterior in RMXP Tilesets is broken, or an improper file.

Edit: When previewing resource packs, at the top it says "his is a resource pack. No images will be loaded"
You forgot the t in the first word.

G_G

I'd fix the his is a resource pack thing, but I lost the source code. And the modern exterior might just be a large file and may take awhile to load if not then it got deleted.

I loved cybele but I cant believe the source code is gone...I might remake it though, and I might add audio files this time, and make the old 2k/3 engines

Jek

You could also add other, less used engines.
Shooter Maker 95, RPG Maker 95, Fighter Maker 2000, Engine/Map 001, etc.

cyclope

Is the database still down? im getting the same error earthnite had: :wacko:
Quote from: earthnite on July 04, 2010, 04:12:07 am
i get this

Spoiler: ShowHide

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at CybeleUpdater.Form1.CheckUpdate()
   at CybeleUpdater.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///d:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Updater
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///N:/Documents/cybele/Cybele/Updater.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 6.2.2.0
    Win32 Version: 6.2.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///N:/Documents/cybele/Cybele/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

G_G

Exactly what are you doing when you get that error? Might have accidentally left an old host connection in there somewhere.
Or the database blizz gave me is down at the moment.

Blizzard

You should add a try-catch block in that part to prevent crashes and rather display an error message to the user, G_G.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

When I get around to remaking it xD If I do D:

I still need to get a web version up :S

Jek

July 24, 2010, 11:58:49 pm #152 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:00:00 am by Jek
Try not to lose the resources I gave you.

Also, when you open up Cybele, you can't refresh your files in the "My Files" thingy. I fix it right away by entering login information again.

cyclope

Quote from: game_guy on July 24, 2010, 09:56:06 pm
Exactly what are you doing when you get that error? Might have accidentally left an old host connection in there somewhere.
Or the database blizz gave me is down at the moment.
whene i am trying to update
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

G_G

Hmm, then somethign actually happened in the database. Something musta got changed I dunno. I'll look into it.

Holyrapid

I tried to get this, but the server for Decisive Games has expired...

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, sorry about that.

I just couldn't pay for it anymore. But I do have all files backed up, and would be willing to upload these again sometime.

G_G

I actually have a plan for this guys. Its going to be awesome when I get my new computer which should be in January. And I'll be getting internet at home soon.

So basically I'm going to redo the whole thing. Main reason I lost the source code second reason, I can make it way better. I've learned a lot about c# since this was released so it'll be easier for me.

Another thing is I'm going to try and do the web version again. Anyways I'm going to have some other features implemented as well.

• Reporting Resources - to report that the resource is broken, or if it does not follow the guide lines. Nudity, advertising etc..
  • Moderators - If moderators find any resources that havent been reported can immediatly delete them right then and there. Moderators can also control user accounts and user resources.
  • Going back to legacyblades suggestions I'm going to implement those in the Windows version. In the web version I'll be able to do a friendly download all because PHP has a nice Zip compressor.
  • Im getting a 2TB external hard drive. I'm going to host the files and server on that so I wont have to worry about running out of room for awhile.
  • I really enjoyed making this program and I was so mad when I truly lost the enitre source for it. Was also mad at branden for running out of money to pay his host.

Anyways guys I'll see you later.

WhiteRose

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing this back. Be sure to keep us updated.

Also, 1000th post!

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: game_guy on December 15, 2010, 01:56:56 pm
I really enjoyed making this program and I was so mad when I truly lost the enitre source for it. Was also mad at branden for running out of money to pay his host.

Hey, dick. >8U