Cybele Resource Database

Started by G_G, January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: ShinyToyGuns on February 05, 2010, 08:52:37 pm
Apparently the counter is off...I uploaded 404-419, and the counter says 415  :wacko:

Those were the ID submissions of the submitted resource. Thats now how it gets its count. Thats for keeping track of info and getting info when needed.

Holyrapid

I don´t know if it´s my internet, or your download link or what, but when i download this, it downloads it too fast and says that there´s an invalid zip or something like that (the errors in finnish...)

Ryex

That would be your internet. faulty connection to the download server probably. you just need a alternate download link.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

February 07, 2010, 04:35:18 am #63 Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:15:36 am by game_guy
database is gonna be down for about an hour or so, I'll get it back online as soon as possible

Server is back up

G_G

Awesome news guys! Guess what? Version 1.40 has been released. Coming hot from the oven an updater. Letting you know when theres a new version. The program downloads the update for you but you can choose not to update if you don't want to.

Also an awesome custom search engine. Being able to find resources even easier now.

I had to make the updater a different program itself because well I couldn't overwrite a program that was already running. So the new version is an install program that installs to the Program Files and makes an awesome shortcut on your desktop.

Enjoy! Download

Aqua

Vista users should run it once in Admin mode to have it update or else it'll bug bug bug~

legacyblade

February 09, 2010, 06:28:22 pm #66 Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:30:50 pm by legacyblade
When I open, it says "Update is available. Click OK to update." So I do, hit update in the next box, and it says the update is complete, and it's re-opening the program. Then it says "update is available" and starts the whole process over. After 10 updates in a minute, I decided it was a bug :P

-edit. After registering, it won't recognize my login info :(

G_G

If your latest version is 1.44 or less update again. 1.45 was just released.

legacyblade

Updating works now, but I still can't log in.

G_G

Try registering again. If not do a clean install, re register and re-login.

Ryex

dose re registering mean that my files won't be connected to me anymore?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

February 09, 2010, 07:56:18 pm #71 Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:02:47 pm by game_guy
no lb had to re-register because the version he was using had a register bug

all old members are still there dont worry

EDIT: I need to fix the login again

EDIT 2: Updated again, fixed logins sorry bout that

Ryex

ya it wont let me log in and I registered in the first version.

also I tried re registering and this happens

G_G

Edited my post, login broke. Just fixed it and released an update.

legacyblade

Logging in works fine now. But if you try and register with a name already taken, you'll get an unhandled exception error. It doesn't crash, but you might want to replace that with something more user friendly :P

G_G

When the next update is available it will not be there. I promise...I dunno when the update will be. I don't even know what else I can add. Suggestions please.

legacyblade

Well if you can't think of more to add, I shall again request the features I desire :P

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: legacyblade on February 01, 2010, 12:25:32 am

• Make the layout shiny (using a custom skin for the window would go a long way). Since it's a simple application, this wouldn't obstruct it's use.

• The ability to either upload poses that'll go with a specific charset, or at least the option to upload a zip for a charset

• Make XP and VX resources of the same format (like animations) read the same table in the database.

• have the save window start with the file name as name_author

• A "download all x" button for each category, where x is the category of resources you're in (like charsets, animations, etc.)

• auto re-IDing of the database upon deletion of resources. (or a removal of the display of such numbers, it bothers me how the charset numbers go 2,3,4,28,29...)

Hope you're not getting sick of seeing those suggestions :P I really want the poses for charset! >.>

Ryex

a karma system for resources so people can vote for a resource if they like it. then you can add an option to sort the list based on a resource's votes

legacyblade

Oh, forgot to add to the quote the ability to define what template a resource is for (HK, RTP, White Tie, Breeze, Raven, or Other), and the ability to look up only resources from a certain template. When people start submitting white ties and HKs, it'll make looking through the database for the right resource a pain without this feature.

G_G

Guys you're gonna need to do a fresh install. I updated the updater and it this is the last time I'll need everyone to re-install.

You do not need to do it but you will eventually be missing out on different themes for the program. The updater now downloads a zip file instead of the exe file. This makes it easier on myself so I can now upload multiple files for updates.

It is recommended to re-install. A theme is being made right now.