Cybele Resource Database

Started by G_G, January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

February 10, 2010, 09:43:43 pm #81 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:54:08 pm by game_guy
God stupid typo >.<

Sorry guys you gotta do a fresh install again...I fail at this...

EDIT 2: Okay fixed the updater yet again D:
Do a fresh install and it'll work just fine.

G_G

Okay guys. Awesome news. I just released version 1.50. It now has an auto-login option. Just click on the login tab, check the Remember Me box and then login. Now anytime you start up Cybele it'll automatically log you in.

This can be turned off in the login tab. Just uncheck the Remember Me box. Also I'm working on an options window.
You'll be able to change settings to your liking. This is where you'll be able to choose a theme, set the auto-login. Those are the only two options that will be in there for now unless someone has suggestions for stuff we could add to the options.

Anyways enjoy the only changeable option for now. Some where between 1.50 and 1.60 the options window will be done.

G_G

Giving a small update. I updated the screenshots so anyone can see the newer version. Still working on making themes work. Also themes will be setup so anyone can make a theme for Cybele. Hopefully it'll be done sometime this week.

So look out for 1.52 this week! (1.51 isn't being skipped, it just wasn't released. It had a very minor gui bug. It just irked me so I fixed it but never released it)

G_G

February 18, 2010, 10:48:29 pm #84 Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:36:47 pm by Hellfire's G_G
*legal bump*

If the database goes down at all it means its getting moved hopefully to a more reliable host. So if it can't connect don't worry it'll be up again.

As of right now the database is up. But it'll probably go down tonight for an hour or two.

EDIT: Server's gonna be down. Possibly all day today. It'll be up ASAP.

EDIT 2: Server has been back up. Forgot to tell everyone. Anyways its still not on a reliable host but it should stay up.

G_G

Just posting a small update.

I'm thinking about removing themes completely. There really isn't much customization. All you can customize is the Button images, and colors of background and text. I really don't have anything else to customize. So its probably gonna be removed.

Also, I cleaned up some coding, make it easier for me. It also checks for an update instead of connecting to the database first. Also I'm adding Urgent Updates. Where if there is a major update due to host switching or a major bug, you'll be forced to update just to be safe.

I also added a Resource Count button in the View Resources tab. For right now all its doing is loading this page. http://decisive-games.com/ggp/submits.php Eventually it will load all the resource count without the page. It'll take awhile to set that up but eventually it'll be done.

I have not yet released the update. It will be released in a couple of minutes. Let me know what you guys think about removing themes completely.

legacyblade

Personally I kinda like the themes. But I agree, there isn't all that that's being customized right now.

G_G

Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 04, 2010, 10:34:15 pm
Just posting a small update.

I'm thinking about removing themes completely. There really isn't much customization. All you can customize is the Button images, and colors of background and text. I really don't have anything else to customize. So its probably gonna be removed.

Also, I cleaned up some coding, make it easier for me. It also checks for an update instead of connecting to the database first. Also I'm adding Urgent Updates. Where if there is a major update due to host switching or a major bug, you'll be forced to update just to be safe.

I also added a Resource Count button in the View Resources tab. For right now all its doing is loading this page. http://decisive-games.com/ggp/submits.php Eventually it will load all the resource count without the page. It'll take awhile to set that up but eventually it'll be done.

I have not yet released the update. It will be released in a couple of minutes. Let me know what you guys think about removing themes completely.

I have released version 1.52. Please post any bugs found. I've tested it pretty heavily this time. But there really wasn't much to test. But let me know if there are any bugs.

legacyblade

Looking good G_G

The only thing I see so far that I consider a bug is the recource number (the number to the left of the resource). Just go to the characters tab and start counting up. (2, 3, 4, 28, 29, 30, 38...) I understand why it does this, but it's really bugging me. If there's a way around that, it'd be GREAT!

G_G

March 05, 2010, 01:12:31 pm #90 Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:02:26 pm by Hellfire's G_G
I think I may have a solution for this. I'm gonna try a few things out real quick.

EDIT: Okay guess what guys? I got it working. The numbers on the side are removed officially. It took a little bit of work only because the engine read the numbers next to the name. But I used a little trick and got it working.

I'll release the update in a few minutes.

EDIT: Released 1.54. Config window has been introduced. Access it by going to File > Config. You can also change whether or not the Resource Id is shown next to the name or not. You can also setup auto-login there.

EDIT: 1.55. Fixed a minor bug.

EDIT: 1.57. Fixed two major bugs.

Landith

The cancel button doesn't work on config. Minor bug but annoying cause I have to click the 'X' and my 'X' is like really small because of the theme I'm using.

winkio

Wait, are you complaining about being a masochist?

Landith

Uh... This is what I found as the definition of that.

Quote from: Dictionary.com
the condition in which sexual gratification depends on suffering, physical pain, and humiliation.

If that is what your talking about then... yes? :O.o:

winkio

it means you get off on bad things happening to you, which is the only possible explanation for torturing yourself with those settings. :V:

G_G

March 06, 2010, 12:12:56 am #95 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:00:02 am by Hellfire's G_G
Quote from: Landith on March 05, 2010, 05:37:47 pm
The cancel button doesn't work on config. Minor bug but annoying cause I have to click the 'X' and my 'X' is like really small because of the theme I'm using.

Fixed, but the update will be released tomorrow. I'm lazy and its late here.

EDIT: Updated to 1.58. Realized there was another major bug and updated to 1.59. As of right now there should not be anything wrong with cybele. I also added a text box in the window to show what the engine is and what resource type it is.

Ryex

happens when i try to open the config

QuoteSee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
   at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
   at RmResource.Config.Config_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cybele
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GGP/Cybele%20Resource%20Database/Cybele.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
IniLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GGP/Cybele%20Resource%20Database/IniLib.DLL
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 6.2.2.0
    Win32 Version: 6.2.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GGP/Cybele%20Resource%20Database/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

March 06, 2010, 02:39:54 pm #97 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:05:24 pm by Hellfire's G_G
Open your Settings.ini real fast. See if anything got messed up in it. If you don't have the file here's what it should look like.
[LogIn]
Auto = false
User =
Pass =

[Config]
ResId = false

EDIT: Fixed a bug in the database. If anyone had troubles registering, register again.

Ryex

adding the

[Config]
ResId = false

at the end of the file fixed it.

WhiteRose

In version 1.61, either every single file has been downloaded exactly five times by some extremely bizarre coincidence, or there is a problem with the download counter thing.