Sorry, dumb-ass feminist.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, May 29, 2014, 08:34:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Crasger

Quote from: Blizzard on May 31, 2014, 02:53:20 am
because feminists always seem to be pissed off and angry rather than trying to be reasonable and compassionate.

Dude, a huge portion of the internet is like that.

That's why we keep bashing on each other's opinions to the point where we consider everyone's thoughts as irrelevant. It's ridiculous.

Blizzard

I guess I forgot. I'm so much around people IRL and so little on the Internet that I sometimes forget how fucked up the Internet is.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Crasger

Quote from: Blizzard on May 31, 2014, 07:18:05 am
I sometimes forget how fucked up the Internet is.

Well, the Internet is like real-life, but more aggressive with words and lots and lots of stupidity goes on because of anonymity and the feeling of freedom. I get that, it's an escape from real life, in a way. But you'll still be half-assedly arguing about real life issues on those YouTube comments, huh?

R.A.V.S.O

It's Basically the G.I.F.T (great internet f**kwad theory)

Basically take a random person (any random person), + Internet Anonymity + Random Always Shifting Audience = Total F**kwad

The internet is always edgier because of this, basically any person you might know in real life who is mildly unpleasant or even polite can turn out to
be horrible online because there is virtually no consequence for committing such acts.

for example, someone paints a wall with graffiti, harasses people, and is a downright jerk in real life, by consequence people shun them, authority might have a word
with them, and all in all whatever you do or say could directly affect you.

now online is another story, let's say some random jerk gets into a forum/game/community starts spamming BS, trolls people, scams, hacks etc..... the worst that could
happen is getting such people perma-banned reported etc, but then again you might simply remake an account and go elsewhere and repeat the cycle over and over again

the thing is, there is no true (or at least load-bearing) consequence for acting like a total idiot online, and in fact the way it was built will at least sub-consciously
encourage this sort of behavior for all of us (for jerks to be jerks, and for decent people to disregard ANY form of argument/comments as something irrelevant on the long run)

that apathy generated by consequence gets exploited online by mixing it with a good dose of (possibly real) facts and plain ol' bulls***

Take the feminism arguments online as an example, the rant itself originally had valid points, but eventually the irrational hatred, and plain nonsense given by
those who simply joined the bandwagon made it lose almost all form of credibility (same for the MRA) eventually both devolved into a primal form of bashing the opposing sex
in an endless online war where sooner or later people will stop caring about it, regardless of what real or unreal facts and arguments it generates.

same goes for any form of argument, under the internet's "apathy glasses" expect really significant stuff to be downplayed and corrupted, if you consider something
"serious business" bear in mind someone out there (possibly many) do not.

Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Blizzard

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on May 31, 2014, 12:05:38 pm
Internet Anonymity

This. People on the Internet feel that they have no accountability so they do whatever they want. They fail to understand that those are actual people on the other end. They might be all like "but it's not serious", but when they are faced themselves with shit, they react just like the rest and do take it seriously. The Internet is the greatest evidence that people have quite a few problems that need fixing, but nobody is doing shit (mostly because they aren't even aware of it) to fix those problems in themselves.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

Internet in general: Everyone has access to almost everything, yet no one bothers to double check the facts on anything.

QuoteThe problem with quotes you find on the internet is you dont know if they are real or not.
- Augustus Caesar

How much does non-fact checking contribute to both sides of the Feminazi problem, as well as every other conflict from different opinions?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Crasger

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on May 31, 2014, 12:05:38 pm
because there is virtually no consequence for committing such acts.

Well, there have been some cases where people have been arrested based on what they've said online, but it usually involves an action in real life, such as threatening to bomb some place.