End of the World?

Started by Terry16389, September 10, 2008, 05:12:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry16389

Well, as most of you know, the world was believed to have a slight chance of ending today. Some supercollider or another was supposed to generate a black hole, ending Earth and our entire solar system.

Another theory says that on December 21, 2012, the world is going to end, due to the alignment of the Earth, the Sun, (I also believe the moon, but I don't recall.) and the center of our galaxy (Or is it the universe? I don't remember.), and the end of the Mayan calendar.

I personally believe the world isn't going to end until the time comes when the Sun consumes Earth, as it inevitably will, in about 200 billion years.

Thoughts?

"Anyone can say you can't write, don't let anyone say you don't."

Aqua

December 21, 2012 is one day before I turn 20... T_T
Hopefully this isn't true...

Mmm... I go with your third theory.

Shadonking

i herd that the galaxy is expanding so we wont go into the sun but freeze becuase we will be to far away from it.

an ice age would kill us off anyway and they have happend hundreds of times in the earths live span that we can measure.

so to be blunt were all f*cked any way lol

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Diokatsu

September 10, 2008, 05:59:51 pm #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:01:53 pm by Diokatsu
The end of the world? End might be a lot of things kid.

The third theory is the only one that makes sense out of those...

Eventutally the world IS going to end, unless of course God aut al.* will save us...

This thread will just go into religion in the end ;_;

* Aut al. is a variation on et al. from the Latin "Et Alii/Aliae/Alia" meaning and others. "Aut" means or

Shadonking

i bloody hope not. :^_^':

the earth relies on somany things all that needs to happen is for one of them to lose control or vanish and its all over for us, but it wont happen in our life time (i hope) so no need to worry much.

the way things are goin the ozone will be the first to give

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Starrodkirby86

Class of 2012's really going to get it...Right out of graduation, the apocalypse is going to strike. Gee, they have a bad life ah---Oh crap, I'm part of the Class 2012! 0_0

Really now, the Mayans have been on a complete accurate event telling, and that's really the only proof why this can actually happen. The Mayans were right about the Romans' downfall, the Mayans were right about their downfall. Scientifically, this can't even be true. Well, it can, but I mean, someone would notice. It's illogical at sometime that soon...Oh well.

Issac Newtwon had an apocalypse prediction himself; 2060. Don't know when though.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

DeathLock

Quote from: Terry16389Well, as most of you know, the world was believed to have a slight chance of ending today. Some supercollider or another was supposed to generate a black hole, ending Earth and our entire solar system.

There's another theory about the Sun consuming the Earth before a black hole could generate.

Quote from: Terry16389Another theory says that on December 21, 2012, the world is going to end, due to the alignment of the Earth, the Sun, (I also believe the moon, but I don't recall.) and the center of our galaxy (Or is it the universe? I don't remember.), and the end of the Mayan calendar.

They are theories and nothing else. They weren't proven, at all. The Mayan's could have stopped? Who knows? We weren't there. Plus, humans still continued along with 2013 and more.

Quote from: Terry16389I personally believe the world isn't going to end until the time comes when the Sun consumes Earth, as it inevitably will, in about 200 billion years.

True.

Blizzard

I fail to see how the prediction of the own downfall is difficult. We will all die as well. Now, when we are all dead and somebody discovers about our civilisation they will say: "OMG, THAT BLIZZARD GUY WAS SO SMART, HE KNEW THEY WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" Seriously, everything ends someday the one way or another. That's the only thing that is certain: the end of something.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shadonking

true

apart from the smart thing :P lol

life always ends at some point and then the cycle starts all over agian.

]

Blizzard

That's exactly my point. Just because they were able to predict their downfall doesn't mean they were "smart" because of that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Chaze007

the world is going to end when obese people [like me] weigh it down & it sinks and falls and we freeze? :D
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Shadonking

about the black hole, i herd that some scientist's made something that can make one thats so small that you can hardly see it, (personly i dont believe it becuase what is the point of that) to be honsest i did hear it on it on mock the week.

]

Diokatsu

Quote from: shadonking on September 11, 2008, 11:41:42 am
about the black hole, i herd that some scientist's made something that can make one thats so small that you can hardly see it, (personly i dont believe it becuase what is the point of that) to be honsest i did hear it on it on mock the week.

The point of science in the first place is too investigate and observe the wor,d through reasoning and experiementation, or something along those lines. Personally I think it doesn't matter when the world will end, it's just stupid to spend time thinking on. If the world ends tomorrow, you'll die. If the world ended in 200 billion years, you'll all be dead anyways.

Vell

theres one major fail to this thread: everything will end. that is a given.

NOW ENJOY WHATEVER YOU HAVE YOU DAMNED FOOLS!

Diokatsu

Now now, God may save us Ulta. As such, you must accept all views. We have no insight on what goes on outside our reality so the end is NOT a given. And don't give me crap about how there is no religious debates. This thread was bound to cross that line.

Terry16389

September 11, 2008, 05:53:23 pm #15 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:57:32 pm by Terry16389
Quote from: Diokatsu on September 11, 2008, 05:32:58 pm
Now now, God may save us Ulta. As such, you must accept all views. We have no insight on what goes on outside our reality so the end is NOT a given. And don't give me crap about how there is no religious debates. This thread was bound to cross that line.

No, it wasn't bound to cross the line. I was talking about the SCIENTIFICALLY INCLINED theories people have about the world ending, not the religious theories. Not to mention we're talking about the end of the world not humanity, which is what religious texts call an 'end' to, if it can even be called an end, they don't talk about the end of the world.

Anyway, I'm still sticking to my theory that the world ends when the Sun consumes the earth. There's nothing else that has even a close percentage of certainty as that, from what I've seen.

"Anyone can say you can't write, don't let anyone say you don't."

Diokatsu

Change the topic then.

Of course the scientifically bound theories all are based on the assumption the world will end and no variance will occur in time. I'd love to see time stop xD

TheHackMan

September 11, 2008, 06:02:16 pm #17 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:03:27 pm by TheHackMan
Quote from: Terry16389 on September 10, 2008, 05:12:13 pm
Well, as most of you know, the world was believed to have a slight chance of ending today. Some supercollider or another was supposed to generate a black hole, ending Earth and our entire solar system.

This rumor is a load of bullshit on so many levels. For one we are already doing the same thing and the people who say this stuff spew this crap every time a new super-collider comes online. The truth is they are smashing photons of light and even if that near impossible chance came to be the black hole would be the size of a photon of light which won't do a thing. It would take a black hole at least as big as our sun to destroy the earth.

The biggest threat to life on earth is the current global warming threat we are facing right now and aside from that the next thing we have to worry about is in 2029 I believe when there is a 1:1000ish possibility that an asteroid will pass through a keyhole and hit us 7 years later(April Friday 13th).

As far as the total destruction of earth goes that will be happening in about 200 billion years as the sun continues to expand and due to gravitational forces it will probably stop expanding just short of the earth due to the fact that as the sun moves out the other planets will slowly move away too. The destruction will happen when the sun finally collapses into a red dwarf and the shock wave will spread out and turn the solar system into a few small rock balls and some dust and whatnot.

*The super-collider you are referring to is the LHC(Large Hadron Collider) run by CERN

Starrodkirby86

I was about to mention if an asteroid hits Earth and we are unprotected, we're screwed. You ever seen this video of a Japanese simulation if an Asteroid of a huge size does hit Earth? My, it was just destructive. Of course, the asteroid just HAD to kill Japan first...>_>

Nevertheless, the end of the world is not going to be anytime near. If it is, then Science instantly turned illogical and it's all crazy. I seriously can't wait to go bananas when the apocalypse arrives if it really is that near. But I doubt it'll be near, and by the next billion years, we'll all be extinct or humanity would leave Earth anyway. Who knows what will happen, we'll all not experience it after all...I mean, we'll be all dead!

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

what the hell are you talking about? god is going to kill us O.O...

jesus: GOD WHAT THE HELL? I'M GONE FOR ABOUT 2 THOUSAND YEARS AND LOOK WHAT THE FUCK YALL DO TO MY PLANET! MAN IN OUT OF HERE *goes back to heaven*

*world plunges & collides with hell*

oh noes ]:
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!