New Avatar Image

Started by WhiteRose, August 23, 2013, 08:38:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Since coming back, I noticed that my old avatar image was removed (curse you, TinyPic!) and though I still have the original image, I think it's time for something fresh. :) I know an avatar is more of a personal taste type thing, but I figured I'd ask if anyone either has some ideas on what I personally could use, or even just a few tips in general when creating or choosing a forum avatar. Any thoughts?

winkio

August 23, 2013, 09:09:07 pm #1 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:30:19 pm by winkio
I prefer to create my avatars purely from mathematical patterns, but for you I would recommend one of two styles:

A) a character from a book/game/movie/whatever that you like.
B) an artistic image/drawing/picture, or just something you like looking at.

EDIT: Actually, I just remember an old photo I took that would work well as an avatar for you, because it's of a Rose.  Let me dig it up real fast.

EDIT: Well, no luck finding it.  Whatever, think about my other suggestions, or go with something else that you like.

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on August 23, 2013, 09:09:07 pm
EDIT: Well, no luck finding it.  Whatever, think about my other suggestions, or go with something else that you like.

No worries :P Thanks for the effort. I'll keep looking around and come up with something. :)

Ryex

for me my avatar is my identity. it's so ingrained into my internet self It always feels weird to change it. and when I do I try to keep it close enough to the original to be recogniseable

I'd say think of something that reflects who you are and then find a good representation of it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

When I see something funny, inspiring, etc. I start using it as avatar (remember gRAPE?). The alternative is a character from a show that I like (Barney, Archer, etc.).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Mine are always a combination of things I like. Anime, angels, a phoenix, certain colour combinations, etc. I try to find pics that have many of those traits in it. Like my current one: Anime angel of death, and I love the red and black combo. No, I'm not a girl, but I couldn't find a male combination that looked that good.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

I decided to pull up an old one from a while back temporarily. I'll change to something new when I think of an idea that I really like, but I like this one too, so I'm content. :)

Blizzard

I should probably change my pokemon trainer from PRO as well. Haven't changed it in months.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on August 26, 2013, 10:40:45 am
I should probably change my pokemon trainer from PRO as well. Haven't changed it in months.

I like it. XD

On a slightly related note, I was going through old SPAM topics, and look what I happened to come across:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,6032.0.html

Apparently some people never change.... (Also, for a bonus surprise, press the button for the spoiler images throughout the topic. Most of them are gone, but apparently TinyPic sometimes reuses image URLs.... O_o)