[XP] Advanced Time and Environment System

Started by fugibo, March 09, 2008, 11:08:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreavnn

April 25, 2012, 10:03:42 am #200 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:13:17 am by Andreavnn
I see, seems I over complicated things. Okay I will double check the manual.

*EDIT* I got it to work! Thanks I do have a question, can I make the switch between monsters "fade" out? When the switch flips and I have the re-spawn  ID array in the event name will the monster re-spawn at the spawn point out just change where ever it is as on the map? I am going to test while I wait. :) Thanks blizz, I feel I might make things more complicated then they seem cause they can't be that easy to do. Never the less you make everything easy  :^_^':

Blizzard

Fading is a lot more complicated than just making them appear/disappear, because you have to use the switches for something else and then manually remove enemies, etc.. This here is straight-forward and the simplest way. But it's up to you.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Andreavnn

Is that might be something I want to tickle later or leave out for the moment. Alright, is there a special command to make if when D or N switch is flipped that the monster will pop at respawn point inside of just changing?

Blizzard

Not really, no. As I said, fading and extra stuff like that requires more complicated eventing. It's up to you whether you want to try it or not.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Andreavnn

April 25, 2012, 10:39:54 am #204 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:32:52 pm by Andreavnn
Okay thanks Blizz!

*EDIT* Is there a way to add a ATES.morning and evening? I am wanting to make a event sundial that changes when the switches are flipped.

Blizzard

Add this below ATES:

module ATES

def self.morning?
   $game_system.ates.morning?
 end

def self.evening?
   $game_system.ates.evening?
 end

end

class Game_ATES

def morning?
   return (@time.hour.between?(ATES::DAY_START - 2, ATES::DAY_START + 2))
 end

def evening?
   return (@time.hour.between?(ATES::NIGHT_START - 2, ATES::NIGHT_START + 2))
 end

end

This script is specific for days from 8 AM to 8 PM and might not work well with other times. Feel free to adjust them.

Andreavnn

Thanks Blizz,  here is what I have right now and I the pictures for morning and evening aren't showing up and night and day are being eased. They just keep posting over each other again, again and again. :/

Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
# START Configuration
  # switch ID of the "day" switch
  DSWITCH = 51
  # switch ID of the "night" switch
  NSWITCH = 52
  # length of a day in seconds in-game, can't be less than 36, is being
  # quantized into intervals of 36 seconds
  LENGTH = 37
  # how much time is it when the "day" starts
  DAY_START = 8
  # how much time is it when the "night" starts
  NIGHT_START = 20
  # makes the screen brighter during "summer" days
  OVERLIGHTING = false
  # makes the screen darker during the night, not recommended
  OVERDARKENING = false
  # display HUD clock
  SHOW_CLOCK = false
# END Configuration

Blizzard

Your conditions will never be fulfilled as either NIGHT or DAY will capture it previously. Put the morning? and evening? conditions first and the DAY and NIGHT conditions in the else branch.

Andreavnn