What do you give energy for?

Started by Blizzard, January 26, 2008, 08:13:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Some or all of you may have noticed that every member has a numeric energy factor and that you can power up or power down other members. First of all, you need at least 10 posts to be able to do so. This is basically the same as the reputation system on other forums.

Anyway, I was wondering what do you/would you power up or power down other members?

I, for example, power down for repeated violation against the rules and for being mean to other members repeatedly without reason. I power up for simply contributing to the community or a post at which I laugh heavily. I also power up if somebody else answers a question regarding my script or something like that in a way that I couldn't have done it better.

So, again, what about you?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

I don't really, but if someone just seems like a general jackass or something of the like, or if someone just tends to be overall like, an arse, I'll powerdown them, if there opposite, i will powerup them.

Nortos

January 27, 2008, 06:11:55 am #2 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:12:26 am by Nortos
I power down for same reasons you both said, but than I power up for their help say if it's only a two line answer that's pretty easy I wouldn't worry about it but if they give lots of help I would also I power up for good contributions like MA's vx script and when Calintz will do my battler and for FTS when he explained something thoroughly to me, if someone has already powered someone for something like a detailed answer I don't worry about it most of the time unless they deserve more :)
Also I have yet to click on power down which means this is such an awesome community! :)

Fantasist

I'm guilty of not caring. When I'm moved by someone's actions, I power up or down. Otherwise, I just don't bother.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Reno-s--Joker

I would power everyone who I see up, just to look see the limits :haha:, but it seems people here aren't so liberal ... anyways, I'd like to not be a nuisance. :P

Fantasist

My habits have changed recently. I've been liberally giving energy to contributors. Power downs... I only did once to most-of-us-know-who...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Fallen Angel X

I power up anyone who says anything hysterical xD I power down if they piss me off a lot. But no ones pissed me off here so I've never had to power down anyone :D

Diokatsu

tSwitch

February 02, 2009, 09:16:06 am #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:17:46 am by NAMKCOR
I don't follow a set of standards, because then that turns it into something completely serious.
And then we'll get noobs that flip out if/when they get -Energy.  Just like the rep-fags at RMRK.

it works on a small site, but once CP gets bigger...

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

G_G

I power up people who help me in return or who I think deserves it. I power down people who piss me off and no the Replace one word in the sentence above where veryone is picking on me for some strange reason thats not pising me off. But I have never powered down anyone on CP.

Blizzard

My habits haven't changed much except that I change others' energy more often. When somebody is annoying me I them power down, when somebody is annoying the other members I power them down. I power up a lot when somebody posts a useful topic. Depending on the usefulness that person sometimes gets a double power up by me.

Oh, and I want to remark this epic more-than-a-year-old gravedigging. xD

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on January 30, 2009, 06:14:45 am
I would power everyone who I see up, just to look see the limits :haha:, but it seems people here aren't so liberal ... anyways, I'd like to not be a nuisance. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Well, there was a giant Karma-up with Lore's scheme of powering up everyone. He kept a log, he was going all-out.

Here is the topic link for that.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1561.0

He didn't make any of his goals though...Busy I suppose. :/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

fugibo

I take energy if I feel like, say, puking when I read a post.

I give energy if I feel like, say, worshiping when I read a post.