Myriad Souls: Embarkment on a Quest Unparalelled! signups + discussion

Started by Vell, June 22, 2008, 03:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

I allowed your skillset... youve yet to finish your character, so it hasn't been accepted yet. Houshi was correct.

Aqua

Name: Sakura
Species: Nymph of a Sakura Tree
Surrounding Lore: An immortal female spirit of a tree with renowned beauty, nymphs are able to seduce men to do their will.  Nymphs can only die when the tree to which they are one with die.
Skills:
Vine whip - Summon a vine and use it to strike the target.
Leaf Kunai - Throw a leaf whose edges have been sharpened to cut the target.
Entangle - Conjure vines to immobilize the target.
Pollen - Stir up pollen to irritate the target's senses.
Pacify - Use natural plant materials for a calming effect on the target.
Cure - Use natural plant materials to cure wounds.
Natural Growth - Grows plants to be big and strong.
Nature Speak - Speak with nature.
Unify - Unifies body with a tree for concealment and defense.
Entice - Use natural beauty to get males to do my bidding.

Background: My sistren are being slaughtered; I can feel it.  Those creatures called men are killing all of my sister nymphs, naiads, and dryads.  I'm afraid that they might kill us all.  I left the safety of my mountain top and ventured to a place where lots of these men gathered.  I wandered into this 'town' and found lots of these 'men' and also some of them that looked like nymphs but also like men because they had skin of all different colors that folded and clumped and ripped in places.  And they could take it off and change it.  What weird beings!  I saw that a few of these men were eying me so I decided to question them and ask them to stop cutting down trees.  But they jumped on me and were embracing me and doing other things.  Those men were touching me all over and making me uncomfortable.  Are all men like this?  Then, someone hit these people away from me.  I looked up to see who it was.  Oh pointy ears.  She's an elf.  Nymphs and Elves are very closely linked in which we regard the other race highly.  She recognized me as a nymph the moment I realized this.  She told me that I was naked and all men are perverts so that's why they were acting this way.  She explained that those men were wearing clothes to cover their nakedness.  All this is very new to me; I never had to deal with 'clothes' when I was among my fellow spirits.  I examined her clothes and decided to make mine like hers except different.  I called upon nature and flowers rose around me and when they faded, I was in a beautiful green gown.  She asked me why I was here and I told her that these men are killing our forests and I want to stop them.  She acknowledged this and said that I should journey with her so that we could reach both of her goals.  I accepted this and asked her what her goal was.  She did not tell me, but instead said that I had a lot to learn.
Personality: I do not know much about this world of men and their habits.  I do know all there is about animals and plants, me being able to communicate with them.  I'm very gentle and my friend says I'm naive.  She also says I'm very beautiful and I can use it to my advantage but have to be careful with it.  I do not like to see nature injured and will try all I can to stop the ones causing the pain.
Hometown: A sakura tree in the valley of the middle of a mountain.
Weapon: Woodland magic...

Vell

ok... you don't like revealing about the actual history and personality do you? background is very recent, as in right before it starts, and the personality does little more than restate what she is trying to accomplish... but, I guess, the entire thing is written in first person, and thus, shows some of the personality...

though I'd like to see more of an actual history and description of your personality in both characters, meh, I'll accept Sakura.

and @ mum: i din read the list exactly... I dont think you edited in the finished signup before...

EDIT: ok, personality needs to be seriously freaking upped, and also, I had a hard time understanding what was going on in the background. he stabbed himself, suddenly some other girl is hurt, and he's... not?

Diokatsu

wait...did u just make 2 character's aqua?....if so ima do taht 2

Quote1. Aqua - Dikura
2. Diokatsu -Kirema
3. Starrodkirby86 - Kipp
4. magic2345 -Rels (And later Aphie?)

SRK...i sooooooooo beat you to it

Vell

Quote from: ME!!!!!!!!!! first post...everyone may have two characters.

yeah Diokatsu, guess what... >.>

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Diokatsu on June 24, 2008, 06:26:29 pm
wait...did u just make 2 character's aqua?....if so ima do taht 2

Quote1. Aqua - Dikura
2. Diokatsu -Kirema
3. Starrodkirby86 - Kipp
4. magic2345 -Rels (And later Aphie?)

SRK...i sooooooooo beat you to it
Actually Dio, yours was accepted later than mine. You had to create a personality later in order to enter approval. For me, I had to just put the skills learned at the beginning embolded to get accepted, which I did before yours...Look at the post order, I even posted it before yours. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Punn

Vell

Diokatsu

Name: Veavias (Greek: pronounced Neh-Ah-Knee-Ass)
Species: Lithos
Surrounding Lore: (for made-up specieses): A now non-existant race of usually benevolent creatures. The last remaining Lithos was taken in after the Second Great War in an effort to expand countries boundries. The child, 5yrs at the time, had witnessed his mother raped before him and his father hung by soldiers. He has since developed many psycological disorders and escaped army custody after sinking the laboratory he was in under 20ft of rock.

Skills:

Hand to Hand master
Ability: Flight

(Not all abilities can be preformed once a day, and only one everyday)
Earth palm -- places palm on ground causing an eruption from the ground below him in a radius of 100ft
Flame thrower -- massive burst of flame from his mouth
Cyclone -- Massive tornado created by him spinning like a top
Tidal Flash -- A tidal wave created from moisture appears
Flash -- Causes lightning to strike a specified location

Background: This world....How sick of it I am....Myself, a lost soul, the fragment of the once brilliant jewel, now broken, a shard of that most noble race, born from heaven's hand itself. And you to come along and ask me of my past...How dispicable. How wretched it is to see a creature so low as yourself come to my side in your arrogance and take from me the last vestiges of my sanity. That, my friend, is a gift that will be denied you. My tangle of thorns, of which you have no intrest in besides your selfish desire for knowledge. You try and approach me as if I were your equal. Kneel before me, for I am your god!

Personality: You wish for me to tel you of myself, of my personality. I am modest and kind, yet quick topunish. I am, admittedly, quick-tempered but all for my betterment as a person, admitting my mistakes. All you need to know is this: I am one who is born from heaven and have come, to delive upon this world a Cleansing, a Rapture! I will use my power to judge those who stray from the righteous path! I will shape this world with these hands given to me by my race, and I will claim my inheritance, the world and everything it has to give me!

Hometown: ??
Weapon: Fists/Magic
Weapon History (if available)

Notes:
He's kind of a mystery and past can be explored later. Try and gather stuff about him from his dialogue as a put a lot in there. He may seem mysterious but i plan to reveal a lot afterwards to help with the missing past. I will NOT tell you anything about him directly as i plan to do this in first person but he's quite simple. Use the dialogue to gauge what you can.Think: What does he think of himself and others and what are some goals he possesses? He's very simple really but this is a shell personality, and thats the reason i won't develope this becasue its goign to be cast away later

Vell

needs more surrounding Lore... and by the skies, Actually put some History in there, don't have to give details or something but its HISTORY thing.

though I think I let Aqua slide on that so I gues sI have to let you do so as well.

however, tell me about his personality, I can't have this guy be a TOTAL mystery, even to me, the technical 'game master', the creator.

also, he seems a bit uber...

two really powerful fire spells, a Tidal Wave UPON COMMAND, control over lightning, complete control from the 'specified' part. a huge tornado upon command, and the ability to fly. do you see anyone Else having complete and total control over all of nature?

also if anyone gets to be a god its my character cuz he doesnt fight and would technically only be my Avatar in the world to use to tell people when they are being bad and/or disruptive, plus the uber killer in case people decide to ignore rules or my judging.

remember though, if the two people decide the outcome of the fight beforehand, both sides must tell me it was decided, and who they decided on, From Both People. then I'll let them judge their own fight. but if one says they decided to let one character win, and the other says the other, then I will judge it.

so basically Dio do this: give some Lore since 'a seemingly harmless race' is Hardly surrounding Lore AT ALL. there has to be something on these people other than 'oh they existed but they seemed useless.' Tell us about them.

all in all it seems like you told us this: his name, his species' name, that he is apparently insane and the last of his species, and that he has a god complex. also, the lore and his BH and Personality sections are in TOTAL confliction with one another.

should anyone feel im accepting these unfairly(bias towards certain members) please tell me, for while I do not believe I am, I've not always been the best judge of myself.

Diokatsu

lol ur not looking at this the right way. i've basically gave you an arrogant character who's goal is to become god

of and i didn't emtion his attacks all take time to charage and are one time things; he can only use one a day.

and the reason he seems liek a phyco is cause he is a phyco and i'll redo the background lore to show you why

Vell

Diokatsu

Vell

Diokatsu

Vell

not really. means I'll be being more wary and strict with him.

Diokatsu

legacyblade

Name: Aveyar
Species: Faeleen

Surrounding Lore:
(it's freaking long)
Spoiler: ShowHide

No one knows how long ago they were created, but sometime within the past 1,000 years, the Faeleen started appearing in the far off continent of Celenath. A powerful darkling decided to transform himself and his wife into a new race. He was tired of being associated with the desert worshiping Suthiatu, and wanted to be a new race: a race who's identity would be shaped by the actions of his children, rather than events that had transpired long before his lifetime. He spent nearly 50 years gathering sacrifices to generate the magical energy he needed (in Celenath, nobody generates magic naturally, it comes from sacrificing living creatures), he cast the spell. Tall and muscular, the new race had dark skin, and eyes of pure blood red coloring: no pupils, no whites, just a mass of red resembling fresh blood oozing out of a gaping wound.
Although they had something akin to wings, they were not created suitably for fighting. They were large bones, able to withstand attacks from even hard metal such as steel, that followed the skeletal structure of a bat's wings. Three claws jut out from the side of their forearms, made of the same thick bones found in the wings. They have tails with a long spike at the end. If they lodge the spike in a creature, they can drain out their magical energy. If the victim has no magical energy, it will be sapped from their lifeforce (which is how magical energy is generated in the first place) Other than this, they resemble humans.
After his transformation, he and his wife finally had children (it would have taken even longer to get enough energy to transform children so drastically as well). Although very old, they also de-aged their bodies during the transformation. And thus was the dark race of Faeleen created, a race that was optimized for battle, but still had nearly the same capacity for magical energy as a normal person. But something about how their minds were altered to be able to control the new appendages limits their ability to conjure mental images clearly. This makes illusion magic impossible for a Faeleen. The race was associated with their darkling forefather, and treated as outcasts. They took to living in caves, hunting at night both for food, and to find unexpected victims for sacrifice (they need to sacrifice living beings to create magical energy, remember?)
In addition to being cast out from society, many religions hunted them down for sacrifice. Faeleens usually carry quite a bit of magical energy in their body (from all the sacrifices they make). Other than this, however, they are quite valued as assassins and mercenaries.
However, some Faeleens did not like the lot in life given to them in Celenath. These discontent bands had worked for decades trying to end the oppression of their kind, but failed. Disheartened, they took to the seas, seeking a new life in a new land.) They landed in the port city in the kingdom of Belior. Though people regarded them suspiciously, they were not outcast as they had been. Though they could not speak the language at first, they developed ways to communicate. They were fascinated to find that in this land, EVERYONE was what they called a "Chosen" back in Celenath. They all generated their own magical energy. Though they didn't seem to have the barrier around their soul and mind that prevented them from infusing their own magical energy into objects that Chosens have. This was truly a different world, and they wanted to be part of it. Over the generations, they learned the language of this world, and took a role in society. However, they still were not accepted, and many left the Faeleen wary society to form villages in the outlaying lands.
However, the relative peace between the races was not to last. After all, Faeleens looked like monsters, and many feared their strange ways of sacrificing living beings, and their terrifying ability to drain your magical energy and your lifeforce. So, they were driven out of the cities. They fled into an uninhabited mountain region, and founded the city of of Feaiteta (it means "gem of the mountain").
They've expanded their kingdom since then, and now control the entire mountain range in which their capitol city of Feaiteta lies, and even some surrounding medows and farmland. The Fealeen kingdom of Norampax (A word derived from the phrase "Born in Shadows") was founded. The Fealeens have been more accepted as time has gone on, but they are still largely persecuted (or at least treated with contempt) in places outside Norampax.
Religion:
[spoiler]
The religion of the Faeleen is similar to religions found in Celenath. In Celenath, a deity is one to whom you sacrifice. A deity forms a church, usually recruiting followers to further the religion's cause (though some religions' cause is to get power). In Celenath, there were Chosens who had broken the limits to their power, and the barrier around their soul, and are considered gods. But few of them still live, and most considered them as powerful deities.  In addition, a link between a diety and his follower is created when magic is transferred between them (either via sacrifice, or via the deity granting magical energy to his follower). This link allows telepathic communication, and for the deity to read his followers thoughts and intentions. The more magic passes between them, the stronger the link grows. This concept of a mortal deity who dealt out magical energy to his followers was carried across the sea. The king of Norampax is also the religious leader. The cause of the religion at the current moment in time is to strengthen the kingdom, and expand its borders so that it can support the rapidly growing population. Although this is the official religion of Norampax, the king knows that he is only a mortal with the support of his followers, and other religions are allowed (though they are all much smaller than the official religion). The religion has four tenets.
1.   Never lie to a fellow Faeleen. Use deception when necessary, but never agianst your own kind
2.   Never steal. Stealing from one of your kind is wrong, but stealing from one from another race could bring misfortune and ruin upon your entire race.
3.   Never kill a fellow Faeleen. We cannot afford to fight amongst ourselves, or those who wish our race harm can destroy us.
4.   Never persecute a fellow Faeleen. Doing so will destroy the sanctity of Norampax, and will sow disunion among us. If this happens, those who wish our race harm can destroy us.
As can be seen from the tenets of the religion, its major purpose is to keep unity among the Faeleen. A race despised by the majority of those around it cannot afford to fight amongst itself, so the Faeleen people do all they can to avoid internal strife.

[/spoiler]

Skills:
1.   Drain: Sucks the mana(magical energy for Faeleens) out of the enemy. If the enemy has no mana, it drains the enemy's health, and converts it to magical energy. (all Faeleens MUST have this skill, unless there is a reason why they don't in their backstory)
2.   Flaming Grind: Uses Focus magic (focus magic focuses a natural force in the area, such as gravity, heat, light, etc.) to make the claws on his forearm to burn. Not only does it deal physical damage when the enemy is hit by the claws, but also does fire damage.
3.   Impact Magic: telekinesis. The size of the object, as well as the distance from the user, determines how much magical energy it will take
4.   Energy Blast: Focuses the user's own mana (magical energy for Faeleens) into a beam of light that will damage the enemy.
5.   Gravity field: Uses Focus magic to create a field of intense gravity. Will crush, or greatly damage all enemies within the field. The intensity of the gravitational crushing, the area of influence, as well as the time it lasts are determined by the amount of magical energy focused. (that balances it out, as focusing gravity enough to do a good deal of damage takes a great deal of magical energy. And Faeleens need to either draw magic from a gem with magical energy stored in it, or drain the life force out of something)
6.   Blazing Path: The user hurls themselves through the air with Impact while using Focus to create fire around you. Not only will enemies be damaged by the fire, but the user can attack with their weapon too. The speed at which they move, as well as the strength of the fire, is determined by how much magical energy is used.
7.   Energy Storm: The user uses Focus magic in a way similar to an Energy Blast, but instead emits a destructive field made out of their magical energy. The area of affect, as well as the strength of the blast, is determined by how much energy is put into the attack.
8.   Destroying Angel (can use different elements depending on what the user focuses) the user focuses a nearby force (such as fire, light, gravity, etc), or the user's magical energy, into a field that covers their skeletal wings. They then hurl themselves through the air, and bash these charged wings into the enemy.
9.   Embrace of Death(can use different elements depending on what the user focuses): The user grabs the enemy, and uses Focus to create a highly concentrated field of a nearby force, or the user's magical energy around the enemy (or even a certain part of the enemy). The strength of the attack is based on how much magical energy is used .
10.   Force field: Uses Focus magic to create a barrier of the users's own magical energy. Repels magical attacks as well as physical. The strength of the barrier, and how long the barrier lasts determine the ammount of magical energy used.
Background:
Unlike most Faeleen, Aveyar did not grow up in Norampax, but on a farm in Belior. He had been abandoned there, and the family took him in, naming him Aveyar. Not only did their taking him in, but giving a Faeleen the name of Aveyar caused an uproar in the nearby village. Aveyar was the name of a mythical hero who descended from heaven to seal the ancient demons that reigned terror upon the land. Many regarded the Faeleen as demon worshipers, or even the children of demons. Every few weeks, people would come in an attempt to kill Aveyar. But they always managed to hide him, or he was fast enough to run away. However, one of the members of the family never liked Aveyar, and had never wanted him there. One day, when Aveyar was 11,this family member aided the townsfolk in capturing Aveyar, and Aveyar was dragged into the city. They tortured him, and were about to put him to death. But they had been too careless to bind his tale, so when one of them was close enough, he stabbed him, and drained the lifeforce from him. Using the magical energy gained from this kill, he created a wave of Impact (telekinetic energy) to knock the ones holding him to the ground. He killed both of them by draining their lifeforce for magical energy. Using Focus magic to emanate intense light, he threatened the terrified peasants. (Focus magic can focus you own energy too). Managing to escape, he ran off into the wilderness. He survived off his strength and his wits until he found another city. There, he lived in the slums, surviving however he could. Eventually, he became a mercenary. Hardened by his life in the slums, he was a good warrior.
Personality:
Cold, uncaring, but has sense of ironic humor. He usually uses as little words as needed, and won't hesitate to do whatever it takes to protect himself. When killing someone, he always does what he can to pin them down, and drain them of their lifeforce (he needs to recharge his store of magical energy), but if he can't, he just kills them.

Hometown:
Lives in the capitol city of Terip.

Weapon:
He currently uses the longsword he purchased after completing his first mercenary contract. It is long and thick, and he added slight strength enhancing enchantments. (Enchanting a weapon takes detailed knowledge of both the largely magic consuming art of Transformation as well as runes from the Othilian language. So doing more than minor enchantment takes years of study, and a large amount of magical energy). There is a stripe of black steel down the center of the blade, and this is where the runes are engraved. The handle is made of silver, but has become tarnished over its years of use (and Aveyar doesn't take the time to polish it very often), and there is an amethyst embedded in the pommel.

Vell

HOLY CRAP! accepted. THAT IS SORT OF WHAT I MEANT ABOUT SURROUNDING LORE PEOPLE!

Diokatsu

:X

Why would a human have such surrounding lore? And if I made so much surrounding lore about my race then I'd have nothing to add later. It's not that other races don't have religions but that it doesn't affect the story enough to take time. If we were prepared to make a story lore would be essential but as the RP stand we have little use for such complexity.
Quote"Technical skill is mastery of complexity, while creativity is mastery of simplicity"

Good work nonetheless