Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
New Projects / Creas
Last post by Ti-Max - June 06, 2021, 08:10:36 pm

Synopsis

On a rainy night, Max finds himself in front of his desk immersed in his drawings as usual, he has difficulty stopping, bewitched by this obsession to recreate the creatures that haunts his mind. He eventually gave in to exhaustion and found his bed. The next day, he glimpses a stranger through his window who seems to be spying on him and decides to pursue him through the forest behind his home. Unaware, he is about to find himself in a conflict that endangers the survival of mankind, and even worse, he is the only person with the power to re-establish balance in the universe.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Universe

A young man discovers that the creatures of his imagination actually exist. They are called Creas and live on a planet called Ostral. The problem is, the Creas mysteriously teleport to Earth. He will then discover the secrets of an ancient civilization which would be the creators of humans as well as the Creas. They are called the Husters, named Creators by the Creas. Max is part of this lineage, he will have to uncover the reason why these creations suddenly appear on Earth and that the preservation of the balance between these 2 races relies on him.

Gameplay

Menu
The menu has been revised to look like a digital music player (Ipod), we find all the basic functions, except the equipment which is managed automatically, but also the objectives (Quests), Karma (Impact of moral choices) and even successes (Successes).

Combat
The combat system is turn-based. A rune system is included, it will be used to heal or revive the heroes during combat as well as to use bonuses that will improve the heroes stats. It is by attacking that the hero will fulfill the power of the rune that corresponds to his element.

By defending himself, he will be able to refill his energy which fuels the skills.

Variety
Creas also includes several other gameplay elements (Mini-games) which will change depending on the situations Max encounters. A racing system has been added

Choice
During the game, the player will have to make moral choices (Karma) which will sometimes affect the story as well as Max's strengths and weaknesses.

Author's comment

The current advancement represents the 1st act of Creas's game, called 'The arrival'. It's available on Steam and Itch.io. A free demo is available on both platforms.

Links to the game:

To conclude, here is the trailer of Creas.

RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] Tons of Add-ons
Last post by SolarisSpell - June 02, 2021, 05:16:44 pm
Quote...or do you mean "doesn't fulfill your needs"?
Incompatible would mean it doesn't work with another script.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be pretentious. I just was sure something had to be wrong with my game, as I tried following the instructions and some things weren't responding, so I thought some other script were messing the code. (And when restarting the game with F12, the minimap changed. It was there, but blocky instead of drawing diagonals).

QuoteYou put \box in the event name. You should have been able to infer that from my previous post, though I will admit it's not documented anywhere.

It's so simple... argh. I did try it, but I only created an event with \box in it's name with no result. I didn't try to create a '\spc \box' or add it to the transfer event... I've done it now and have seen that it works perfectly.

Thanks again. It works and it was just me not knowing how to implement it in the game.

Last post by KK20 - June 02, 2021, 03:29:39 am
Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmIf I change these vales, nothing happen. I even tried using script calls as it says in the instructions with no result.
-squints-
-CTRL + F's the script-

...Blizzard what the fuck. How did no one ever report this?

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmI've come to the conclusion that it depends if the events can face different directions (for example, the end of the map is a transfer event with nothing more, so it's a square, but a door is an arrow).
Yes, that is how it works.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmI'm still trying to make it so that it is always a square.
You put \box in the event name. You should have been able to infer that from my previous post, though I will admit it's not documented anywhere.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmRight now, I can only see the player arrow, transfer events and these \spc in name events. I don't know if it should work any different
No, that's all it does. They will all be marked the same color.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pm(as I'd like to show with different colors events if they are enemies, npc, treasures, etc)
Again, that is a script request.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pmbut it seems the script is just not being fully compatible with my game
...or do you mean "doesn't fulfill your needs"?
Incompatible would mean it doesn't work with another script.
Last post by SolarisSpell - June 01, 2021, 04:52:07 pm
Thanks for the help.

def check_events
    events, names = [$game_player], [nil]
This solved the problem of some transfer events being show as a square, but one as an arrow.
Now it always differentiates some events as arrows and some as squares. I've come to the conclusion that it depends if the events can face different directions (for example, the end of the map is a transfer event with nothing more, so it's a square, but a door is an arrow). I'm still trying to make it so that it is always a square.

The problem with the player arrow disappearing in some maps was fixed just increasing sprite.z

It's strange, but this script is giving a lot of problems, and I'm even thinking that maybe something in my project is affecting it.
For example, all the customizations options seems to not have any effect:
PLAYER_COLOR = Color.new(0, 255, 0)
EVENT_COLOR = Color.new(0, 128, 255)
TELEPORT_COLOR = Color.new(255, 255, 0)
SPECIAL_COLOR = Color.new(255, 0, 0)
MINIMAP_X = 0
MINIMAP_Y = 0
MINIMAP_WIDTH = 160
MINIMAP_HEIGHT = 160
MINIMAP_OPACITY = 160
MAP_MOVE_BUTTON = Input::Z
If I change these vales, nothing happen. I even tried using script calls as it says in the instructions with no result.

If I add \spc as a comment in an event, nothing happens, but if I add it in its name, it is shown. Right now, I can only see the player arrow, transfer events and these \spc in name events. I don't know if it should work any different (as I'd like to show with different colors events if they are enemies, npc, treasures, etc)

I'll try messing around with the code, but it seems the script is just not being fully compatible with my game
Last post by KK20 - June 01, 2021, 01:51:22 am
Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmThe script auto-detects my 'transfer events' and creates a purple square in the minimap. But sometimes, it instead creates a purple arrow and I don't know how to make sure it always creates a square. If I have more than one transfer event one after another, it sometimes shows the majority as purple squares, and one as a purple arrow.
This is a bug. Locate the following in the script and make sure it looks like this:
  def check_events
    events, names = [$game_player], [nil]

Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmCan you choose to not auto-detect so I can specify when/where to show in the minimap?
I don't know what you mean by this question. If you don't want an event to show up on the minimap, you just put \nomap in its name.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmAnd can you make that this purple squares are borderless?
This is how the square is being made:
          if @names[i] == '' || @events[i].name.clone.gsub!('\box') {''}
            sprite.bitmap = Bitmap.new(8, 8)
            sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 8, 8, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 128))
            sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(1, 1, 6, 6, color)
The border is made by the first fill_rect call, the second creates the colored square. Thus the obvious solution is to do this:
          if @names[i] == '' || @events[i].name.clone.gsub!('\box') {''}
            sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 8, 8, color)
Just know that this will affect all events that are to be drawn as a box, not just teleport spots. Maybe you can do this instead:
          if @events[i].teleport
            sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 8, 8, color)
          elsif @names[i] == '' || @events[i].name.clone.gsub!('\box') {''}
            sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(0, 0, 8, 8, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 128))
            sprite.bitmap.fill_rect(1, 1, 6, 6, color)
          else
            sprite.bitmap = Bitmap.new(56, 14)
            sprite.bitmap.blt(0, 0, $tons_cache.get_image(arrow), rect, 128)
          end

Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmAlso, maybe it's completely my fault, but I don't know how to create different kind of minimap events like, show enemies like this, npcs like that, treasures in a different way, etc...
#   Any event with and comment with "\spc" in their code will be also
#   displayed differently.
With the default configuration, it shows the event as a yellow arrow.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmIt would be great if it were possible to use images for this little events, as I already have some nice ones.
That's more suited for a script request. This script creates its own graphics for the minimap entirely in RGSS.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmIt's probably not important, but I don't know what Game_Member is. I think it breaks my game, so I'm just removing it.
It's part of the caterpillar script, which is in Part 1 of Tons. IDK how you're saying it's breaking your game unless you don't have Part 1 in your game. Tons requires all 3 parts to ensure nothing breaks. Granted, if you know what you're doing, then removing the offending line isn't a big deal.

Quote from: SolarisSpell on May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pmAnd finally, player arrow is somehow erratic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it isn't shown. But when it does work, if you change to the large version of the minimap (pressing F5 again), the green arrow just doesn't move, even if you do.
Don't know how to reproduce the arrow not being shown.
As for the map being moved to the middle of the screen, I don't know if not updating the events in real-time is a bug or intended. When you hold down the Z button and move with the arrow keys on larger maps, it is supposed to scroll the minimap.
Last post by SolarisSpell - May 31, 2021, 02:12:36 pm
Hello

Can I ask for support using Blizzard's  Minimap?

I think Ton of Add-ons is amazing (I'm using some of its features). The minimap script I've using until now is proving to be more a more unreliable the grater my project becomes, so I wanted to use this one because it's so smooth.

If it were possible to ask for help, here are my troubles:

The script auto-detects my 'transfer events' and creates a purple square in the minimap. But sometimes, it instead creates a purple arrow and I don't know how to make sure it always creates a square. If I have more than one transfer event one after another, it sometimes shows the majority as purple squares, and one as a purple arrow.
Can you choose to not auto-detect so I can specify when/where to show in the minimap? And can you make that this purple squares are borderless? For events it's great to have a border, but if I want to have a large transfer area, I would like to show it as a large rectangle, and not as a line of squares

Also, maybe it's completely my fault, but I don't know how to create different kind of minimap events like, show enemies like this, npcs like that, treasures in a different way, etc...
It would be great if it were possible to use images for this little events, as I already have some nice ones.

It's probably not important, but I don't know what Game_Member is. I think it breaks my game, so I'm just removing it.

And finally, player arrow is somehow erratic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it isn't shown. But when it does work, if you change to the large version of the minimap (pressing F5 again), the green arrow just doesn't move, even if you do.

Thanks
Tutorials / Re: [WIP] Single Executable fo...
Last post by Jaiden - May 29, 2021, 03:26:03 pm
Quote from: KK20 on May 29, 2021, 12:26:54 pmThat's actually really common. [...] For one, it assumes the game is being launched from the C drive, otherwise the game won't launch.
I'll just weigh in here, having used Enigma for a couple of years, I ran into both of these issues. I had users who were less interested in playing my game's demo because it was both being flagged as a virus and because of the C drive requirement.

Quote from: KK20 on May 29, 2021, 12:26:54 pmAnd I think someone has found a way to get the packaged files, so coming up with your own encryption method is the better way to go.
And yeah, Enigma Virtual Box has been cracked as of last year, unless they updated. So there is no real benefit of using it over standard RGSS encryption (which is also cracked).

Not to mention, every time you make a slight change to your game, be prepared to redistribute a several-hundred megabyte packaged EXE to your players. It's really a poor solution overall.
Last post by KK20 - May 29, 2021, 12:26:54 pm
That's actually really common. It's not doing anything malicious if you're worried. Most antivirus use telemetry data to guess how safe a file is if its internal or cloud definitions can't detect anything. This is called "reputation", meaning popular files will naturally have high positive values. Since you're essentially creating a new EXE that no antivirus has seen before, its reputation will be low and be marked as potentially suspicious or given some generic reputation-based detection name.

If you want to avoid this, you'll need to look into digitally signing your EXE and going to all the antivirus vendors to request proactive whitelisting.

I'd like to add that using Enigma isn't really recommended for commercial distribution. It's more of a convenience factor or "neat discovery" made. For one, it assumes the game is being launched from the C drive, otherwise the game won't launch. And I think someone has found a way to get the packaged files, so coming up with your own encryption method is the better way to go.
Last post by Metalgalamoth - May 29, 2021, 12:42:10 am
When I create a .exe file, other computers detect the file as a threat... Any idea why?
Tutorial Database / Re: [XP] RMXPAce -- Using the ...
Last post by SolarisSpell - May 24, 2021, 11:14:58 am
I got those errors from time to time. A file named 'traceback.log' located in your game folder should have the error info, but some times it says the error but not where it happens, so just check both the error pop-up and the tracebak file and it should be ok
Pages1 2 3 ... 10