[XP] RMXPAce -- Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games

Started by KK20, February 17, 2013, 04:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

How about I transfer the ownership of the first post to someone else?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

I would help editing, but it looks like this is a forum I'm not a mod in haha

Good idea though. Cleaning up the post will help future visitors. I plan to keep editinf and adding to the core scripts as well, so that'll be an ongoong project.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

JayRay

so, and sorry if this is a topic that's been dead for a while... if the Editor is rewriting your .ini file with RGSS104E.dll... isn't it doing that from a default source? I'm not sure but I think I found one of those sources in

C:\Windows\SysWOW and again in C:/Program Files (x86)/Enterbrain

Now... I don't know if I really WANT to make the full jump to have all my RMXP projects use the new engine, but... here's my thought. Going in and renaming that RGSS301.dll to RGSS104E or RGSS102E in sysWOW or the Enterbrain Program Files directory,  and THEN create a BASIC implementation, just the scripts you need for this, the one map, and then adding the .rxdata you get from that to Enterbrain's data/system folders.

This way, you have exactly WHAT scripts you need at the onset, and when you click in the editor, and it goes and rewrites your RGSS301 with the one it has from the default source, it is rewriting with what YOU already changed.

I think this would be ideal for people who are ready to just make that big jump over to XPAce.

KK20

Are you talking about when people make a new project in the editor that it already loads up a default XPA project? I mean, I guess you could if you were that big of a die-hard supporter. But XPA is still somewhat experimental. Telling users to potentially corrupt their data files when they just want to try it out...you raise more problems.

I don't see any reason to rename the DLL in registry. Or maybe I'm not understanding your point.

Other Projects

Blizzard

I just took the RGSS301, renamed it to RGSS102E and put it in my project's folder. The exe uses a local DLL if there is one. Otherwise it tries various system directories. This seemed like the simplest and most straightforward solution for a project-by-project basis.

There is an alternative for a solution on a global scale though. You could put a copy of that DLL in the "System" folder in RMXP's installation folder. This is a project template and if you edit that template in any way, every new project will use that edited template when you select "New Project" in RMXP. You can even put together an initial setup with various scripts that you're sure to use for every project (e.g. Tons of Add-ons).

JayRay

Blizzard, that's EXACTLY what I was going with. I mean, I can still keep the old DLL there as an OLD and an OLD setup with the basic scripts and such for later. but I definitely think I'm ready to jump to XPA globally. Haven't found any tilemap rewrite issues, panoramas and fog are working fine, pictures work well... No problems to report, I just get sick and tired of having to replace each time, so yeah, going to change it in the system directory instead.

Thanks for everything.

Blizzard

KK20

Updated the OP. When I get around to making a demo, I'll go back and change it up a bit.

Other Projects

Kise

RTH ABS is causing not loading tilesets on the map. The script itself is huge, so I would't be suprised if it was too difficult to fix. :roll:
http://www.gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/custom-battle-scripts/rth-abs-2-6 - you must add .zip format to open it.

KK20

It's not a compatibility issue with XPA Tilemap at least. Might have something to do with how z-ordering works in VXA.

Other Projects

Kise

Alright, so does that mean it won't be fixed in near future?

Sorry to bother you, but I've got one more issue, this time with Audio Module Rewrite - https://app.box.com/s/qyodwzlcgn3r0lpycldu. I fixed first error by removing one space, but now I get 'string contains null byte' line 992 -> 'if FileTest.exist?(filename + '.mp3' )' and I have no idea how to fix it.

KK20

I'll take a look at these this weekend.

EDIT:
Could you try adding this to the same script I mentioned about Array#to_s?

class String
  alias delete_utf8 delete!
  def delete!(arg)
    if arg == "\0"
      self.encode!("UTF-16be", :invalid=>:replace, :replace=>"\uFFFD").encode!('UTF-8')
      delete_utf8(arg + "\uFFFD")
    else
      delete_utf8(arg)
    end
  end
end

Just curious what the results are.

Other Projects

Kise

Nothing has changed from my point of view. I still get the same errors.
Ah, and the first one I didn't mentioned was caused by line super (64,24,512,56) and all I had to do to fix it was deleting space between.

KK20

I hope this is it.

#===============================================================================
# Ruby 1.8 Methods
# Author: N/A
# Version: 1.0
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# [ Description ]
# Contains methods for existing classes that may have not made its transition
# over to Ruby 1.9 (RGSS3).
# This list is on-going as people report them.
#
# [ Instructions ]
# There is nothing to do here.
# Please keep this script in its current location.
#===============================================================================

# Object - p
def p(*args)
  msgbox_p(*args)
end

# Object - print
def print(*args)
  msgbox(*args)
end

# Array - nitems
unless Array.method_defined?(:nitems) 
  class Array   
    def nitems     
      count{|x| !x.nil?}   
    end

def to_s
      self.join('')
    end
  end
end

class String
  alias delete_utf8 delete
  def delete(arg)
    s = self.encode("UTF-16be", :invalid=>:replace, :replace=>"\uFFFD").encode('UTF-8')
    s.delete_utf8(arg + "\uFFFD")
  end

alias delete_self_utf8 delete!
  def delete!(arg)
    self.encode!("UTF-16be", :invalid=>:replace, :replace=>"\uFFFD").encode!('UTF-8')
    delete_self_utf8(arg + "\uFFFD")
  end

alias get_char_19 []
  def [](*args)
    if args.size == 1 && args[0].is_a?(Fixnum)
      self.getbyte(args[0])
    else
      get_char_19(*args)
    end
  end

def getchar(i)
    get_char_19(i)
  end
end

Regarding the ABS, I was able to load the first map just fine. You sure you imported the XPA scripts correctly?
Spoiler: ShowHide

Other Projects

Kise

Try out this RTH + HUD demo, map won't load after installing Ace scripts. I must've sent you diffrent version... Sorry.
http://www.box.net/shared/76syfcrg2zpv8rmym7g2

KK20

Still loaded.
Here's the script.rxdata I used. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58874459/Scripts-Kise.rxdata
Would be better if you just gave me a demo with XPA already in it so that I can see the problem myself.

Other Projects

Kise

Ahh... I thought that Tilemap and Load RTP scripts should always be above the rest. Thank you for taking the trouble to help me! I appreciate it :)

KK20

I see how that mistake could be made. I'll try to make that clear next time ;)

Other Projects