[XP] Tileset Creator

Started by G_G, September 13, 2009, 11:34:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

September 13, 2009, 11:34:11 am Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:10:08 am by Blizzard
Tileset Creator
Authors: game_guy
Version: 1.3
Type: Tileset Maker
Key Term: Game Utility

Introduction

So you have things you want in a tileset but you dont really know how to place it in a tileset right? Well this here script lets you import pictures and lets you place them in a tileset grid and then export it into a tileset.

Features

• Uses Pictures in Pictures Folder
  • Toggle Snap to Grid On/Off
  • No Programming or Configuration Required
  • Fully Makes a Tileset
  • Full Mouse Support
  • Hue Support
  • Scrolling Up and Down
  • Erase Function

Screenshots

Video
Youtube Video
Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

Let me know if the links go down.
Self Extractor
Rar File

Script

In the demo because it requires a few other scripts, two dll's and two graphic files.

Instructions

Precise intructions are in the demo. Please read them carefully to understand them. If theres any confusion let me know.

Compatibility

Not tested with SDK.

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy ~ making it
  • Ethan ~ giving me ideas
  • SRK ~ Beta Testing and the Grid
  • Satoh ~ Grid
  • 66rpg ~ Bitmap To Png Code
  • Fantasist ~ Small snippet I used
  • Longfellow ~ line of code I used
  • vgvgf ~ AWorks scripts
  • Selwyn ~ Resolution Script
  • Blizzard ~ Helping me with code a lot (in here and in alot of scripts)
  • DerVVulfman ~ Mouse System for Full Mouse Support
  • Everyone Else ~ Who helped and supported me

Author's Notes

Give credits and enjoy.

This script will be updated but theres not much more to update.

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Aqua

September 13, 2009, 11:40:20 am #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:47:46 am by Aqua
Lemme test it :P

Then maybe... just mayyybe... I'll upload it onto a better host for you, so it won't die XD
If you want, that is...

Edit:
Okay, here are my thoughts...

Will the mouse be able to be used on the menu? :P
Since you said it uses the mouse, I assumed that it'd also be able to access the menu, but then after clicking like 5 times, I realized it couldn't XD

Maybe you could make a way to move/remove an already placed tile?

And also with the Exporting filename input, maybe make the Backspace key actually do something XD

How big can the tileset get anyway?

It's a good job though...
*moves*

Fantasist

There's still room for improvement. For example, preview of images in the list, being able to cancel a selection, and being able to turn snapping on or off with a single keystroke instead of having to navigate there. If you're up to it, you could make the whole interface point-and-click. You can also make a BG colour customizer (al RGB slider perhaps?). I know this isn't a big deal, but personally I would like one, and I would've done if it were me. It's still your choice. This has a lot of potential, nice job :up:
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

Well it is being improved I might have a hue bar...if I alter the RPG::Cache.picture method I can add a hue to it.

The mouse will eventually be able to be used in the menu.
I dont know how I can remove a blt method from the window is it possible?

Like I blt'd an image there already. How would we remove it?

I will have backspace fixed, and maybe even add the shift key...maybe.

But yes its being worked on right now so there will be more features just keep a watch on it :)

Tileset will only be 256x600 unless I can figure this resolution script out. I cant get it to go past 800x600.

If anything use my tileset merger once you make a few tilesets.

Starrodkirby86

I made a cool tileset, wanna see? :V:

Why not make it scrollable or something?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

September 13, 2009, 12:53:49 pm #6 Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:51:18 pm by game_guy
I guess I could try to make it scrollable....only if you could remake that grid of yours :)

and I'd have to work with it for about 20 minutes. I'm almost done updating it with all the new features and I could probably add a scrolling feature in there.

Think you could remake that grid of yours? 256x960 that should be good enough tileset space.

EDIT:
Updated and added new features.
Full Mouse Support
Scrolling the tileset up and down so you can make larger tilesets
Hue support so you can change the colors of your pics you place on the grid.

Hellfire Dragon

I'll hav to try this one, it looks awesome :o Also takes the hasle of turning pics into tilesets, happens alot to me ^_^'

Holyrapid

I´ll have to try this out sometime. It´s cool. With this and the tile set merger, i can create a master tileset or something... :D

G_G

G_G

September 22, 2009, 09:53:44 am #10 Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:50:51 pm by game_guy
fixed a small slight error *updates*

new download link
link removed

Look below or at first post for new one

G_G

Calintz

Like, this script is cool, XD.

mila26

October 11, 2009, 04:02:13 pm #13 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:31:33 pm by mila26
oh game-"girl" ur so evily smart  :evil:
:o i cant open folder it says fail at opening  :<_<:

Blizzard

I'm not sure what the problem is, but the archive gives me repeatedly a "corrupt archive" error.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vr8t73 try that

Quote from: mila26 on October 11, 2009, 04:02:13 pm
oh game-"girl" ur so evily smart  :evil:
:o i cant open folder it says fail at opening  :<_<:

Who's this game-"girl" she a new member?

C.C. rOyAl

Magus

GAME GUY YOU ARE SO FUCKING AWESOME DUDE! GOOD GAWD I NEEDED THIS!
*Levels up*  *Cool points rise greatly* *G_G learns Super Lightning Storm*
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Magus

I finally got around to trying this and it won't extract. It says "Extract failed"

Can you send me one that's not been compressed? I have fast internet, so file size  doesn't matter.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

G_G