Started by Shalaren, March 02, 2011, 11:06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

March 02, 2011, 11:06:14 pm Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:17:18 pm by Shalaren

╔╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦═══════════════════════╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╗
╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣   Shalaren Metropolis at v.0    ╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══════════════════════╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

UPDATE June-26-11, sunday
I got all the resources that I need. I just need a team to start coming up with Ideas, I just need writers and creative people with creative Idea, because im starting to event and creat the story along the game. The problem im having is not being able to think everything through in the story, I keep on changing it until its just right, so I need IDEAS, as the main thing, so I want to creat a team of discussion where we just discuss everything of the game, monsters, trasures, and missions, and the story line it self, find why or how everything is to happen.
Ok so I made a free made forum, but only for game development, this isnt a community its just the game development that might have more information then what I give here.
http://shalaren.freeforums.org/index.php

Ok Hi guys! It's been a while since I've worked on this project and now I decided to get back to it, usually ill only ask for help in here but this time I am actually looking to be recruiting People to the Project! Now by joining you will have a say on developing it and not just be ordered around to do work for the project! Shalaren Metropolis is still missing the brainstorming! I want to finally make this project official and serious! And I'll be doing that by going through the right Developing stages WITH A TEAM AND ITS OPINIONS!  Credits are all EVEN! Everyone is credited!

So if you'd like to join - your welcome to, but you'll have to show me something that you've done in the past in RMXP so ill know you at least have some experience of gaming, or skills like Writing, Scripting, Drawing, Eventing, Mapping, Brainstorming, etc.

here is some additional Information about the game,
you are being introduced to 3 characters, Kathel, Jamie, and Finely.
each character has a talent that helps in a different concept, Kathel is the battle character, who is able to achieve new abilities and fight multiple enemies, Jamie is a Puzzle Freak who is able to unlock locked doors without a key and is able to solve puzzles faster then anyone, and Finely has a hidden power that should be sealed away as its against the metropolis laws, but her powers are to pure to be a harm, she heals and cures just by touching. so these three characters are the perfect team as you get to play with all three of them and control them all, you can send them to battle or call them to follow you, as you play Kathel as your main character, Jamie helps in battle while Finely heals, when there are doors to be opened, Jamie needs time for him to unlock it, so Kathel and Finely are in charge of making sure no enemy gets any close to Jamie while hes unlocking the door. Thats how their team works. quests with puzzels and bosses with very fun actions.

That is Jamie Unlocking a door that requires 3 seconds of performance.
besically its an example of what Jamie does.

Right now Thats kinda what is going to be happening in the game, Still needs more happening. :P
QuoteMysterious deaths occur around the Metropolis, The three characters investigate and find out that someone is trying to free the powers of the six saints to break the seal upon powers.

Current Background Story
Spoiler: ShowHide
QuoteShalaren is known to be the strongest magician in history, as he was the only magician that could use his life as pure energy to close the gates of the underworld, which were opened mysteriously that is.

In a world of magic that happens to forbid magic there is an opposite world known to be as the place for the damned, a place that should be holding these cursed souls known to be demons, and there shouldn't be a way that exists to walk through both of these worlds, the one you were born in, is the one you are to stay, that was at least what the civilians believed.

Magic is to be sealed away from the individual the moment he is to be born, Magic isn't learned, it comes in blood, it comes in many different (Lmao I forgot the word! ><" Shapes?). Those who caused magic to become forbidden are those who used magic for the wrong reason. Magic used to be a way of life, a way that has made living much easier, Traveling was faster, things could get done quicker and even more efficiently, but eventually it became dangerous as some have learned to use their powers for a bad purpose, and so the strongest of magicians have used their powers to create a seal upon all magic.

A seal so strong that can be used on every born child, a seal that is to exist for many years.
Only makes some people wonder, what could possibly go wrong with such a powerful seal as that?

One day a strange dimensional gate appeared in the middle of the sky, dark figures begun to come out of the gate, landing on the earth like meteors that destroy everything around them, these dark figures were soon to be recognized as demons. Crushing earth and killing millions as more and more demons appear to come out of the gate, while underground seven Civilians were hiding from the dark creatures, secretly one of the seven civilians was a one who should have his powers sealed away from him, but appears to not as he casted a spell upon the others to make them unnoticeable by the demons.

The others should be scared of him, a criminal who has broken the rules, but instead they looked at him as their saviour, as their only chance to survive. The civilian seemed to know what has caused the gates to open and knew what to do, He told the others that there was a simple spell to force the gates to close, The others wondered that if so, why haven't anyone used it yet? None was even planning to use that spell due to its requirements.

Six civilians standing in a circle with The civillian inside casting the spell "To stop the murdering Knife, I agree to give away my life, as I turn into energy of pure protection, I will fight to heal and cure this Infection"
The spell turns the users body into energy that will force the gates to close, but if the spells fails, the user will fade away as the gates stay open. The spell almost took over Civilian, Made him very weak and just when he was about to faint and fall, the six others Held him to support the spell, The last the said civilian said before he was gone, is his name, "Shalaren".

As Shalaren turned into pure energy he made the earth lose a touch with gravity, surrounded the gate and forced every demon to go back inside. It took three days for Shalaren's energy to finally close the gate, leaving a mix of shalaren's energy and the underworlds energy up high the sky as the six civilians are still alive, but rather different. These civilians were gifted with extraordinary powers in which they used to recreate the society, searching for the few survivors and to build a new metropolis, a metropolis in which is named after the magician that has given his life to protect, Shalaren Metropolis was then made. And the six civilians called themselves, The Six Saints.

A strange mark was left in the sky after closing of the gate, and shalaren's energy was starting to wear off and the six saints knew they had to do something in order to prevent the gate from opening again, and so performed a spell to seal the gate and shalaren's energy inside a tree, a tree located in the center of the metropolis in order to protect it, and the six saints sealed away their powers as well in order to protect the metropolis from themselves, and the only way of reaching what inside is by naming all of the six saints, but the names are unknown. However, one of them had decided that in case magic is ever needed again, the enchantment for release of the powers should be recorded. And so, being a close friend of the king, he inscribed it on the crown, which he knew is passed down through successive kings.

Current Character Ideas
QuoteKathel is the son of the King of Shalaren Metropolis, Remus.

Instead of just taking a position as the noble Prince, he took the position as the general Knight in guarding the metropolis as he was trained for combat most of his life. He does not know anything about his mother and every time he brings the subject up his father does everything in he's power to avoid it.

Jamie is regular Town boy who lost his Parents as a child, but still had his big brother Caleb. When their parents died Caleb knew he had to do everything in his power to teach Jamie the way to live, thought him the art of an explorer.

Finely was taken away from her home and her family not to long after she was born, many fought for her because they knew she was very special, she is a girl who possesses unsealed magic powers, the magic of whisperer. She ended up in the Sagittar Nation and had her child hood over there, why were the Sagittars holding her? They knew she possessed the right power to revive their god.

Jamie and Kathel grew together and are very good friends, Finely ran away when she got older, she met a priest who valued her abilities differently then what everyone else did, The priest who became Finely's Mentor and Teacher. Kathel used to go to the church every week and that's how he met Finely, but didn't know anything about her magic as she was told by the priest to keep it as a secret because not everyone is going to like it.

ok so information about the game..

you play with three characters in this game, and every character has a special role.
The first is Kathel, who is besically for battle and is the character you will play with,
second is Jamie who is in the middle, hes for battle too, but more for puzzles in the game, he can open locked doors and such.
Finely, your last character is the party's Healer, she is there for support and will heal you when injured.

They all have a story of their own and you will experience their background during the game.

This is the hud, coded by nathmatt, but designed by me.
This hud still needs alot of work because there is alot of bugs and things that need to be added,

The battle system is blizz-abs
still working on how the battle looks, but its finally starting to look good as all characters have their action sprites.
sounds play very well, and finally battle is fun when testing it :)

so there, with this little information I hope you'd find this game worthy to join the project?
Shalaren, Nerock,

Kagutsuchi

I'm afraid most people around here are either moving on to better programming languages like c++, or already way in over their head with their own projects :\ So recruitment is most certainly not easy.

Shalaren

Taiine

What sort of bugs are there in the hud? Placement thing's or such? I'm an novice at scripting but I can generally edit what I see and sort out what works what to get things to work how I'd like. I might be able to assist (key word, might) and if not, well, better try and find out then never try at all yush?

I'm also a pretty good writer and could help out in my spare time with thing's you may need.

Also good at mapping, I know it's not listed but your last thread was asking for a mapper as well?

Shalaren

Quote from: Taiine on March 04, 2011, 11:56:22 pm
What sort of bugs are there in the hud? Placement thing's or such? I'm an novice at scripting but I can generally edit what I see and sort out what works what to get things to work how I'd like. I might be able to assist (key word, might) and if not, well, better try and find out then never try at all yush?

I'm also a pretty good writer and could help out in my spare time with thing's you may need.

Also good at mapping, I know it's not listed but your last thread was asking for a mapper as well?

The bugs are an updated icons, for example the hud doesnt update when u change leader. also with mouse controller, when u click on
an area of nothing, theres random icons that appear. anyway bugs like that. the things I want to add are more complicated.

as for writing, it could help alot since I know what happens in the story, idk how to put it into Tale's words.

as for mapping, your not the first one to suggest actually, but at the moment im not doing any mapping, more like trying to make the system and the story work first.

Starrodkirby86

Uh, I might be able to help with anything you need in regards to perfecting your language so the game doesn't turn out to be a mess of Engrish...
Not trying to imply your game IS right now a mess of Engrish or anything...

That also means I can rewrite any scripts (Not Ruby scripts, but dialogue and action scripts) to make it sound less awkward and worthwhile. xD

I'm just only concerned about whether or not I have free time to forcibly learn the world while juggling other tasks. However, I really love the whole lexicon of the English language, and all of its beauty, syntax, and suggestions. xD So this could fit right up my alley...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Shalaren

March 05, 2011, 09:33:01 am #6 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:34:31 pm by Shalaren
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 05, 2011, 05:10:52 am
Uh, I might be able to help with anything you need in regards to perfecting your language so the game doesn't turn out to be a mess of Engrish...
Not trying to imply your game IS right now a mess of Engrish or anything...

That also means I can rewrite any scripts (Not Ruby scripts, but dialogue and action scripts) to make it sound less awkward and worthwhile. xD

I'm just only concerned about whether or not I have free time to forcibly learn the world while juggling other tasks. However, I really love the whole lexicon of the English language, and all of its beauty, syntax, and suggestions. xD So this could fit right up my alley...

oh my game isnt, but my story is a mess, its Unprofessional. here take a look

Shalaren is known to be the strongest magician in history, as he was the only magician that could use his life as pure energy to close the gates of the underworld, which were opened mysteriously that is.

In a world of magic that happens to forbid magic there is an opposite world known to be as the place for the damned, a place that should be holding these cursed souls known to be demons, and there shouldn't be a way that exists to walk through both of these worlds, the one you were born in, is the one you are to stay, that was at least what the civilians believed.

One day a strange dimensional gate appeared in the middle of the sky, dark figures begun to come out of the gate, landing on the earth like meteors that destroy everything around them, these dark figures were soon to be recognized as demons. Crushing earth and killing millions as more and more demons appear to come out of the gate, while underground seven Civilians were hiding from the dark creatures, secretly one of the seven civilians was a magician who should have his powers sealed away from him for the sake of the rules, he was attempting to use a spell that none has ever used before due to its requirements.

"To stop the bloody Knife, I agree to give away my life, as I turn into energy of protection, I will fight to heal and cure this Infection"
The spell turns the users body into energy that will force the gates to close, but if the spells fails, the user will fade away as the gates stay open, as the civilian cast the spell, the six others joined him to support the spell, The last the civilian said before he was gone, is his name, "Shalaren".

As Shalaren turned into pure energy he made the earth lose a touch with gravity, surrounded the gate and forced every demon to go back inside. It took three days for Shalaren's energy to finally close the gate, leaving a mix of shalaren's energy and the underworlds energy up high the sky as the six civilians are still alive, but rather different. These civilians were gifted with extraordinary powers in which they used to recreate the society, searching for the few survivors and building a new metropolis, a metropolis in which is named after the magician that has given his life to protect, Shalaren Metropolis was then made. And the six civilians became the six saints.

A strange mark was left in the sky after closing of the gate, and shalaren's energy was starting to wear off and the six saints knew they had to do something in order to prevent the gate from again, and so performed a spell to seal the gate and shalaren's energy inside a tree, a tree located in the center of the metropolis in order to protect it, and the six saints sealed away their powers as well in order to protect the metropolis from themselves, but their power wasn't sealed inside a tree, it was sealed in a rock, a crystal they called "The Silent crystal" and the only way of reaching what inside the crystal is by naming all of the six saints, but the names are unknown, they are crafted into a crown, in which the king's metropolis will wear.

im no scripter so no idea whats the difference between the two kinds of scripts xD.

Quote from: Taiine on March 04, 2011, 11:56:22 pm

actually I could now use some mappers S:
altough I still have to find the proper tileset for what I need.

Taiine

I'd still be willing to give the story and the HUD a crack if you need it. I can't guarantee I can fix the HUD issues, but I've fixed other issues in scrips and edited some to function in another way that was of use to my game. Better then nothing right? Seeing how most of the main scripters are either to busy or moved on. *shrugs*

Shalaren

Quote from: Taiine on March 05, 2011, 08:06:34 pm
I'd still be willing to give the story and the HUD a crack if you need it. I can't guarantee I can fix the HUD issues, but I've fixed other issues in scrips and edited some to function in another way that was of use to my game. Better then nothing right? Seeing how most of the main scripters are either to busy or moved on. *shrugs*

yeah alot have moved on X-x, umm are you capable of creating a new hud? the hud I have right now is more like for MMO kind of game but this wont be online, at least not the first of its series.

and as for writing
QuoteShalaren is known to be the strongest magician in history, as he was the only magician that could use his life as pure energy to close the gates of the underworld, which were opened mysteriously that is.

One day a strange dimensional gate appeared in the middle of the sky, dark figures begun to come out of the gate, landing on the earth like meteors that destroy everything around them, these dark figures were soon to be recognized as demons. Crushing earth and killing millions as more and more demons appear to come out of the gate, while underground seven Civilians were hiding from the dark creatures, secretly one of the seven civilians was a magician who should have his powers sealed away from him for the sake of the rules, he was attempting to use a spell that none has ever used before due to its requirements.

"To stop the bloody Knife, I agree to give away my life, as I turn into energy of protection, I will fight to heal and cure this Infection"
The spell turns the users body into energy that will force the gates to close, but if the spells fails, the user will fade away as the gates stay open, as the civilian cast the spell, the six others joined him to support the spell, The last the civilian said before he was gone, is his name, "Shalaren".

As Shalaren turned into pure energy he made the earth lose a touch with gravity, surrounded the gate and forced every demon to go back inside. It took three days for Shalaren's energy to finally close the gate, leaving a mix of shalaren's energy and the underworlds energy up high the sky as the six civilians are still alive, but rather different. These civilians were gifted with extraordinary powers in which they used to recreate the society, searching for the few survivors and building a new metropolis, a metropolis in which is named after the magician that has given his life to protect, Shalaren Metropolis was then made. And the six civilians became the six saints.

A strange mark was left in the sky after closing of the gate, and shalaren's energy was starting to wear off and the six saints knew they had to do something in order to prevent the gate from again, and so performed a spell to seal the gate and shalaren's energy inside a tree, a tree located in the center of the metropolis in order to protect it, and the six saints sealed away their powers as well in order to protect the metropolis from themselves, but their power wasn't sealed inside a tree, it was sealed in a rock, a crystal they called "The Silent crystal" and the only way of reaching what inside the crystal is by naming all of the six saints, but the names are unknown, they are crafted into a crown, in which the king's metropolis will wear.

thats what the story is about, but I need it in better writing, or perhaps, in a better story telling technique.

Taiine

If I had the basics of making a new HUD I may be able to. As is I've not been able to make one from scratch cause I can't sort out the code from BABS that's needed to start with (Someone seriously needs to make a HUD starter kit). Trying to edit existing hud's to get to that raw base has proved fail. I can edit existing ones however and shift thing's around, add bits to it given the way it's coded don't make your head spin like some scrips I've looked at ^^;

As for the story, give me a day or two, and I'll take a shot at it.

Shalaren

Quote from: Taiine on March 05, 2011, 09:14:40 pm
If I had the basics of making a new HUD I may be able to. As is I've not been able to make one from scratch cause I can't sort out the code from BABS that's needed to start with (Someone seriously needs to make a HUD starter kit). Trying to edit existing hud's to get to that raw base has proved fail. I can edit existing ones however and shift thing's around, add bits to it given the way it's coded don't make your head spin like some scrips I've looked at ^^;

As for the story, give me a day or two, and I'll take a shot at it.

ill see what i can do with the hud myself

as for the story, I cant wait :)
just small things you should know, magic is forbidden in the land and who ever has magic gets it sealed away from him.

shalaren's magic wasnt sealed, so its a big deal

Kagutsuchi

Shalaren

March 06, 2011, 05:03:51 pm #12 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:54:08 pm by Shalaren
oh and its only a signature :P
the full logo has the full symbol that took me a while to create
anyway im going to extreme so people will finally join the Team D:
o-o. anywho I finally have an official symbol for the game.

Edit: it is now the logo :P

Taiine

That is one sexy logo.

Man. I want to play a demo so badly!

Shalaren

a demo will be only released when I get 10min of the game, but i cant because I still need the story to be written,
I still need some scripits to be scripited, and still need some maps to be mapped, =\ i guess the planning of the game reached 100%
but its impossible for me to do everything alone S:, Ive never had a team for this project.

poxy

The story seems interesting. Although there's some open ends such as why magic is forbidden, and why the gate in the sky is created. You could easily bridge these two ideas. I have a few suggestions:
*the gate is created through a violent clash of magic in a bloody war. after the gate is sealed, magic is outlawed, and survives only two a few secret practitioners.
*a mage with lust for power opens a portal to the underworld. chaos ensues. this seems more cliche though.

The last part of the story has a lot of details that are excessive. some contradictions. also a lot of cliches...
Quote from: Shalaren on March 05, 2011, 09:33:01 am

The sealing of powers in a tree is straight from secret of mana... also i can't see how names of six saints  could be forgotten in a thriving metropolis established by them, unless they cast a spell of forgetfulness. i would condense and alter the ideas of the last paragraph, heres a suggestion.

To prevent the gate from ever being opened again the magic knowledge of the six saints is confined by them to a (crystal/tree). However, one of them had decided that in case magic is ever needed again, the enchantment for release of the powers should be recorded. And so, being a close friend of the king, he inscribed it on the crown, which he knew is passed down through successive kings.

Well those are my two cents, and I'm just trying to help. BTW, I like the art design. Did you make those sprites yourself?
My Project: ShowHide

Shalaren

May 04, 2011, 08:56:41 pm #16 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:57:46 pm by Shalaren
Lmao havnt been on CP for a month or two, gotta update this post..
@poxy ok so I took a couple of these in mind, The six saint's names were never fogotten, they were never known, they just called themselves the six saints. but I gues i didnt clear that out very well, so theres a new version of the story with some changes,

Magic is to be sealed away from the individual the moment he is to be born, Magic isn't learned, it comes in blood, it comes in many different (Lmao I forgot the word! ><" Shapes?). Those who caused magic to become forbidden are those who used magic for the wrong reason. Magic used to be a way of life, a way that has made living much easier, Traveling was faster, things could get done quicker and even more efficiently, but eventually it became dangerous as some have learned to use their powers for a bad purpose, and so the strongest of magicians have used their powers to create a seal upon all magic.

A seal so strong that can be used on every born child, a seal that is to exist for many years.
Only makes some people wonder, what could possibly go wrong with such a powerful seal as that?

One day a strange dimensional gate appeared in the middle of the sky, dark figures begun to come out of the gate, landing on the earth like meteors that destroy everything around them, these dark figures were soon to be recognized as demons. Crushing earth and killing millions as more and more demons appear to come out of the gate, while underground seven Civilians were hiding from the dark creatures, secretly one of the seven civilians was a one who should have his powers sealed away from him, but appears to not as he casted a spell upon the others to make them unnoticeable by the demons.

The others should be scared of him, a criminal who has broken the rules, but instead they looked at him as their saviour, as their only chance to survive. The civilian seemed to know what has caused the gates to open and knew what to do, He told the others that there was a simple spell to force the gates to close, The others wondered that if so, why haven't anyone used it yet? None was even planning to use that spell due to its requirements.

Six civilians standing in a circle with The civillian inside casting the spell "To stop the murdering Knife, I agree to give away my life, as I turn into energy of pure protection, I will fight to heal and cure this Infection"
The spell turns the users body into energy that will force the gates to close, but if the spells fails, the user will fade away as the gates stay open. The spell almost took over Civilian, Made him very weak and just when he was about to faint and fall, the six others Held him to support the spell, The last the said civilian said before he was gone, is his name, "Shalaren".

As Shalaren turned into pure energy he made the earth lose a touch with gravity, surrounded the gate and forced every demon to go back inside. It took three days for Shalaren's energy to finally close the gate, leaving a mix of shalaren's energy and the underworlds energy up high the sky as the six civilians are still alive, but rather different. These civilians were gifted with extraordinary powers in which they used to recreate the society, searching for the few survivors and to build a new metropolis, a metropolis in which is named after the magician that has given his life to protect, Shalaren Metropolis was then made. And the six civilians called themselves, The Six Saints.

A strange mark was left in the sky after closing of the gate, and shalaren's energy was starting to wear off and the six saints knew they had to do something in order to prevent the gate from opening again, and so performed a spell to seal the gate and shalaren's energy inside a tree, a tree located in the center of the metropolis in order to protect it, and the six saints sealed away their powers as well in order to protect the metropolis from themselves, and the only way of reaching what inside is by naming all of the six saints, but the names are unknown. However, one of them had decided that in case magic is ever needed again, the enchantment for release of the powers should be recorded. And so, being a close friend of the king, he inscribed it on the crown, which he knew is passed down through successive kings.

Mercury

QuoteShalaren is known to be the strongest magician in history, due to the fact that he was the only magician capable of utilizing pure life energy in a way that would close the gates of the Underworld. The gate of the Underworld, which had been thrust open without any reason as to why.

In a world where magic is as abundant as air, this same magic is banned. In said world, there is another parallel to ours, which is known as 'the World of the Damned'. It is a vile place, holding cursed souls, or demons, within its confines. This world, an opposite to the one you live in, was believed to be impenetrable. Or at least, there was to be no way in which to cross between the two.
Believed.

The magic, which is learned only be means of blood, was to be sealed from an individual the moment he was conceived. Yet the very ones who set out to ban the magic, used magic themselves-- and not for the most pleasant of reasons. Magic used to be a way of life, a way that had made living easier. Traveling was quicker, and things could get done more efficiently, let alone faster. Of course, some few had decided to use the magic for more 'malignant' intentions. It was then that some of the most powerful of magicians sealed away the magic that we had all come to know and life. They developed a seal so strong that it could be be used on every born child-- a seal that was to exist for many years.

One could only wonder what could go awry with such a spell.

Yet something did.

One day, a strange dimensional gate appeared in the middle of the sky. Figures clad in black began to come out of the gate, pushing their way into the planet's atmosphere. Said figures would soon be given the name of 'demon'.

They would slowly destroy the earth, killing millions in the process.

More and more demons began to appear. All the while seven civilians from underground were hiding away, nestled away deep in the earth. The aforementioned spell was to be all-powerful, and to effect everyone and everyone to be. Yet, as one of the civilians casted a spell that rendered them invisible from the demons, they were awe-stricken.

They should have been scared of him, filled with a biting sensation of trepidation toward his newly found powers-- but they were not, and instead looked to him as their savior. This 'savior' seemed to know the cause of the opening of the gate, and told the others of a simple spell that would force the gate closed. They all believed him, but wondered as to why this spell had not been attempted before.

It was due to the 'requirements', of course.

Six civilians civilians stood in a circle, the seventh casting a peculiar spell that seemed to tax him more than it did help.
"To stop the murdering knife, I agree to give away my entire being. As I turn into energy of nothing but purity, I will fight to heal and cure this infection."

The spell turns the user's body into energy that will force the gates to close. If it fails, the caster will fade away, the the gates forever staying open. The seventh civilian was almost overtaken by the spell. Just as he was about to faint and fall to the cold ground, the six others held him, trying to help support the spell. At last, the civilian spoke, before disappearing, 

"My name is Shalaren."

As Shalaren turned into raw energy, he messed with the earth's physics-- its gravity. With the immense pressure, the gate was closed, and forced every demon back inside. It took three days for Shalaren's energy to finally close the gate, leaving a mix of it and the underworld's stagnant in the air.The six civilians yet live.

They were gifted with extraordinary powers, in which they used to recreate society, searching for the few survivors. This was in order to to build a new metropolis. One that was named after the magician that had given his life to protect them; Shalaren.

The six civilians called themselves 'The Six Saints'.

A strange mark was left in the sky after the closing of the gate, and Shalaren's energy began to fade away. The six saints, knowing they had to do something in order to prevent the gate from ever opening again, performed a spell that would seal it and Shalaren's energy inside a tree. The tree was located in the center of the metropolis, as a way to keep an eye on its condition.

Lastly, the Six Saints sealed their powers away, as well, preventing anything unexpected from happening. The only way of reaching the inside is by naming all of the Six Saints. The names were all unknown, however.

Yet one of them had decided, in the case of magic ever being needed again, that the enchantment should be recorded.

And so, being a close friend of the king, he inscribed it on the crown, which he knew was passed down through successive kings.

I know it sucks, but it's pretty late for me. (EST, so it's 11:34)
If you want, I can fix it up tomorrow.

All I really did was rewrite it so that it made more sense. One or two parts gave me a bit of trouble understanding, so...
yeah.

Shalaren

it doesnt SUCK
altough yeah it still needs alot of work, but still some parts are better then what i have in my version.
Thanks :), and yes it would be great if you could help on it a little bit more.

Mercury

Well, I'm home now.

So, what'd'ya want help with? The concept (assuming you haven't finished it yet), or for me to fix the writing?
I was going to fix it either way.  :P