[XP] Game Data Reloader

Started by Blizzard, September 11, 2010, 04:36:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

September 11, 2010, 04:36:45 am Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:27:39 am by Blizzard
Game Data Reloader
Authors: Blizzard
Version: 1.1
Type: Debug Tool
Key Term: Game Utility

Introduction

This Script will allow you to reload game data while playtesting the game. It can reload database game data and map data including refreshing the current map you are in so you can view the changes you have made in your game right away without restarting it. When refreshing the map, it will be reloaded as if you exited and reentered the map, resetting all events to its initial positions and resetting the map into its initial state. To be able to make actual use of this script, always run the game from the Game.exe, never from the editor.

This work is licensed under BSD License 2.0:
QuoteCopyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1.  Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2.  Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3.  Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
    without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

You may use this script for both non-commercial and commercial products without limitations as long as you fulfill the conditions presented by the above license. The "complete" way to give credit is to include the license somewhere in your product (e.g. in the credits screen), but a "simple" way is also acceptable. The "simple" way to give credit is as follows:
QuoteGame Data Reloader licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Alternatively, if your font doesn't support diacritic characters, you may use this variant:
QuoteGame Data Reloader licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikic

In general other similar variants are allowed as long as it is clear who the creator is (e.g. "Game Data Reloader created by Blizzard" is acceptable). But if possible, prefer to use one of the two variants listed above.

If you fail to give credit and/or claim that this work was created by you, this may result in legal action and/or payment of damages even though this work is free of charge to use normally.

Features

• allows you to reload all game data during the game
  • allows you to refresh the current map during the game

v1.1
  • added new license
  • added usage and crediting instructions

Screenshots

N/A for this sort of script

Demo

N/A

Script

Just make a new script above main and paste this code into it.
Script Download

Instructions

In the script in the first comment.

Compatibility

99% compatible with SDK v1.x. 98% compatible with SDK 2.x. Compatible with Blizz-ABS's Intelligent Passability. When using Custom Controls, the buttons can be mapped to any buttons on the keyboard.

Credits and Thanks

• Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Author's Notes

When refreshing the map during event execution, the event execution will continue. This can cause bugs (especially during auto-run events that change switches and variable) so be careful if you want to refresh a map during event execution.
Changes in scripts cannot be reloaded. If you made changes to a script, you have to restart the game for the changes to apply.

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com

That's it! N-Joy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

Nice Blizz, this will come in handy.

I know the next statement will be false, though I need to ask you.
Getting back into RMXP?  :^_^':

Blizzard

September 11, 2010, 05:14:15 am #2 Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:15:59 am by Blizzard
No. I put this up because I was asked to. And I've actually promised to put it up a while ago, but I forgot about it and never did. It's not like I am creating anything new in RMXP. I only took it out of my debugging tools from CP and edited it a bit here and there. That's all. It took me about half an hour to do all of this, it's not a big deal. Don't be surprised if that happens again. After all, I have quite a collection of neat stuff that I created which I never shared with anybody.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

I really like to see other things u made in the future.

Be sure to post them some day ^^

Holyrapid

This is really useful, more so that at first you're not sure if it's useful or not... But when you've used it for a while, it turns out to be really useful.

ForeverZer0

Is there a way to reload the scripts. Maybe by using the $RGSS_SCRIPTS global variable or something?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

G_G

Wow I completely missed this :O (found it while editing)

Blizzard

It's one sexy script, isn't it. ;)

The Niche

Quote from: Blizzard on September 11, 2010, 05:14:15 am
No. I put this up because I was asked to. And I've actually promised to put it up a while ago, but I forgot about it and never did. It's not like I am creating anything new in RMXP. I only took it out of my debugging tools from CP and edited it a bit here and there. That's all. It took me about half an hour to do all of this, it's not a big deal. Don't be surprised if that happens again. After all, I have quite a collection of neat stuff that I created which I never shared with anybody.

Oh yeah, I asked you...*memories*
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!