Apocalypse

Started by G_G, March 03, 2009, 10:45:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

When is the Apocalypse going to happen? Will it happen in our lifetime? Maybe, maybe not. In science we're watching this Super Eruption movie about what would happen if Yellowstone National Park would erupt. When will it erupt? Will it erupt in our lifetime?

Will it happen in 2012? I'm frankly to be honest scared. If yellowstone does erupt imagine feeling that pain while we slowly die. All that ash in our lungs slowly turning to a liquid cement. I'd rather be up there and die instantly.

I think the Apocalypse will happen after our life. But who knows. Whats your thoughts about the Apocalypse? If yellowstone does erupt it could last for weeks or even be an endless Super Eruption. The beginning of the movie it said
"This is a true story, it just hasn't happened yet."

My question is when will it happen? In our lifetime? And if not will there be anything else that kills us all?

Post your thoughts.

Landith

There are theories along the ages that the world will end. I, for one, don't believe that an eruption will kill us all, or anything besides a radioactive meteor that hits a major city and slowly spreads across the world killing people like that.

I don't think that yellowstone will erupt even if they are getting seismic activity in that area. But, I could be wrong, and it could happen. I doubt it will be powerful enough to spread ash across the US though. Plus, even if it did, I think it would be in small amounts that wouldn't harm anyone out of maybe a 500-1000 mile distance.

That's what I think will happen.
But I doubt the world will end anytime soon unless it's the cause of War World III.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."  - Albert Einstein

G_G

Well if Norris, in yellowstone, does erupt it could cause a reaction that erupts the others. Norris would be just a Moderate Erutpion but if it activates the rest it will indeed cover more then 3/4 of the US.

Starrodkirby86

If by Apocalypse in this thread, you mean the End of the World...

Then perhaps I may direct you to this thread...
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1830.0

Just a heads' up.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Landith

Well in that case, the US might just lose 3/4 of it's population...
But I doubt it will trigger the end of the world.
Unless Iraq gets an ally with another country or something and attack the US when it's weak after it erupts. Which I doubt that will happen due to the fact that Iraq has very few leaders even worth listening too, I think...

Fantasist

Quote"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."  - Albert Einstein

I LOVE IT!

Here's an interesting thing I've heard about the Apocalypse. Do you know the puzzle Twers of Hanoi? The one where you have 3 poles/sticks and disks of different size stacked on top of each other. Why am I explaining this? Here:

Excerpt from Wikipedia. Focus on the bolded part if you don't feel like reading:
QuoteIn the classic science fiction story Now Inhale, by Eric Frank Russell (Astounding Science Fiction April 1959, and in various anthologies), the human hero is a prisoner on a planet where the local custom is to make the prisoner play a game until it is won or lost, and then execution is immediate. The hero is told the game can be one of his own species', as long as it can be played in his cell with simple equipment strictly according to rules which are written down before and cannot change after play starts, and it has a finite endpoint. The game and execution are televised planet-wide, and watching the desperate prisoner try to spin the game out as long as possible is very popular entertainment; the record is sixteen days. The hero knows a rescue ship might take a year or more to arrive, so chooses to play Towers of Hanoi with 64 disks until rescue arrives. When the locals realize they've been had, they are angry, but under their own rules there is nothing they can do about it. They do change the rules, which will apply to any future prisoners. This story makes reference to the legend about the Buddhist monks playing the game until the end of the world, and refers to the game as arkymalarky. (The slang term "malarky", meaning nonsense, pre-dates this story by at least 30 years.

Interesting, huh?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Tazero

Honestly if the apocalypse were to happen anytime soon it would be smart of you to go to the apocalyspe predicted area!
The faster you die the better right?

If you were a fish...

fugibo

Christianity:
    I've got Jesus. No worries, be happy :)

Aethiesm/Agnostics:
    Death by Black Hole (or Chocolate) seems nice.

Tazero

Gothic/emo
Whatever....

Me:
Uhmm will it hurt?

Aethiest

Not spamming i just guess there is no point in this topic...Sorry if it is spam to the mods and whatnot

If you were a fish...

RoseSkye

Quote from: WcW on March 04, 2009, 06:59:13 pm
Christianity:
    I've got Jesus. No worries, be happy :)

Aethiesm/Agnostics:
    Death by Black Hole (or Chocolate) seems nice.

This. (Mmm Chocolate)

fugibo

...reference to SNL...

And btw
Spoiler: ShowHide
APOCA-LYPSE IS YESSERDEE

Vell

ok this isn't a Debate, unless we can establish two sides with which to debate. I will establish them now.

side 1: a Scientific way. Explosions on earth, Ash... Pompeii around the world... Sun gone nuclear... WWIII... Evolve into beings which no longer need earth... yada yada yada... Black holes are cool, too... you get this side.

Side 2: the more 'religious' or 'Fantasy' way. something like 'THE DEVIL WENT UP TO EARTH AND HE WAS LOOKING FOR A WORLD TO KILL. HE WAS IN A BIND, ALMOST WAY OUT OF TIME WHEN HE SAW HOW TO MAKE IT REAL'. myself, I will be arguing from my views of the 2012.

my thoughts: The calendar, from what I've HEARD the mayan calendar ends some day in december 2012. ok. a lot of the ideas in my 'universe' of this universe, and mainly this planet, agree with this. AbyssChild is 12 when she comes out of the Abyss. this is the third or fourth eternity: the prophecy of the abyss begins in the fourth. DarknessFlame's soul has been trapped inside a human prison, and so has his Familiars. another being may or may not be trapped inside DF's Prison's body as well. I have many clues which suggest several people I kno could be the soul-holders, or indeed its just as possible, the beings themselves, purposely weakened mentally physically, and magically. Magic, and Aura manipulation DOES exist. It's just sealed, due to events in past eternities. Note: Names are modern-eternity versions of the original words, which i do not myself know. it is very possible that the Earth's Core is it's SOUL, and the Ice Ages are times when this soul is in recuperation.

my belief, is that the end begins 2012. either AbyssChild comes from the Abyss, or DF awakens. I'm going with DF, because the way the prophecy goes it sounds as though DF was active for a while. also, i heard from a source that the mayans, OR SOMEONE accurately predicted many events of now, and that they Also believed the world was on the cusp of it's fourth reset. interesting? Yes. I have more points. will bring up as they become relevant.

Blizzard

March 28, 2009, 06:54:22 am #13 Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:56:49 am by Blizzard
You should only post the global details. With that I mean that you shouldn't post i.e. whom you believe DF to be, etc. It's not relevant.

I have a friend and she believes that 2012 is the point of events turning. She's convinced that people will see their errors in treating the planet, etc. and that they will fix stuff rather than total annihilation or the beginning of the end.

Seeing where the world is going to, I'm sceptic. I rather think that 2012 will be somewhat a turn of events, but I think it will be more something like the beginning of the end. We'll see.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Pokol DaErran

This sort of got me thinking...

The apocalypse is apparantly generally thought of as a physical destruction of the world, but what if it's a mental destruction?  After all, the physical world being there only matters if people still care about it.

I believe that if someday people just became so obsessed with improving their own lives that they ignored the world around them, then, eventually, when they couldn't go any higher, looked outside the window and realized that they'd forgotten what made life special, it would be just as good as a meteor hit.
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Starrodkirby86

Not exactly. For a mental destruction to have a good equivalent power as a physical destruction, our brains and thoughts would just be as good as mush...It would have to destroy our minds mentally.

Something in your vision would be like a life changing experience or one of those senior depression things. "I wasted all my life on this crap!" blah, yeah, that's something a senior would typically go through depressed. :P But really...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Pokol DaErran

Good point there.

Maybe human's minds could become dependent on media to do the thinking for them until they can no longer think...  XD

As a modified, more far-fetched version of this, Nick Mag had a future evolution chart in which humans eventually evolve into couches.
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

impulszero

Quote from: game_guy on March 03, 2009, 10:45:51 pm
When is the Apocalypse going to happen? Will it happen in our lifetime? Maybe, maybe not. In science we're watching this Super Eruption movie about what would happen if Yellowstone National Park would erupt. When will it erupt? Will it erupt in our lifetime?

Will it happen in 2012? I'm frankly to be honest scared. If yellowstone does erupt imagine feeling that pain while we slowly die. All that ash in our lungs slowly turning to a liquid cement. I'd rather be up there and die instantly.

I think the Apocalypse will happen after our life. But who knows. Whats your thoughts about the Apocalypse? If yellowstone does erupt it could last for weeks or even be an endless Super Eruption. The beginning of the movie it said
"This is a true story, it just hasn't happened yet."

My question is when will it happen? In our lifetime? And if not will there be anything else that kills us all?

Post your thoughts.

q:
do u think that will it happen at one point? bum! there the Apocalypse. Yellowstone National Park would erupt? <---[ like that? ]

-lol-

a:
I think Apocalypse started long time ago. it happens in real time as we talk. Hunger, War, Fall of Economy.  ppl hate and killing each other in state of panic, fear and hatered. What else u need for omen? 2012? What will happen in 2012? Same what in 1997, 2000, or i dont know what "end-prophetic" year. As i consider that is all bullsh*t. ppl always can produce that stuff. But where is the evidence? there is no one. ppl like to gather other ppl cuz if the Apo realy happens they dont want to be alone.

Quote from: UltaFlame on March 28, 2009, 12:33:37 am
the more 'religious' or 'Fantasy' way. something like 'THE DEVIL WENT UP TO EARTH AND HE WAS LOOKING FOR A WORLD TO KILL. HE WAS IN A BIND, ALMOST WAY OUT OF TIME WHEN HE SAW HOW TO MAKE IT REAL'.

anti-jesus,huh ... 2000 is most logical year to me. Why do most satanist (as far as i know) believe that 3th millenium started 2000?
2000:3=666.66666666666666666666666666667
(but take notice of first 3 number :P)
but i dont rly bealive in god or devil (not as they represented in moder time)...

<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

Blizzard

Quote from: impulszero on June 02, 2009, 12:53:04 pm
What else u need for omen? 2012? What will happen in 2012? Same what in 1997, 2000, or i dont know what "end-prophetic" year. As i consider that is all bullsh*t. ppl always can produce that stuff.

*levels up impuls*

You're speaking my mind. Every few years the apocalypse is supposed to happen. Well, there's a 10% that people will guess right as they always predict some sort of apocalypse pretty much every 10 years in average. IMO bullshit. It's something that somebody with no life has made up to feel better about himself/herself by making others feel bad.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Daxisheart

I'm pretty sure Isaac newton predicted the world end in 2060. Still isn't very believable, is it?

I completely believe that all these prophecies and and predictions are all bull. I don't believe something like y2k(where you now, suckas?) or nostadamus 2012.

One of the reasons is that I completely believe that the modern calendar isn't correct. I mean, it's a working calendar enough for people to get by on, but it's not 100% correct for something like the apocalypse.

How? Well, there's an extra day every four years, right? So, each and every day is just a little bit more than that 24 hours. And that extra day accumulates over the years. in 2000 years, 500 are that extra day, so that's an extra year and 1/3 total for our actual current date... and of course, add that to the fact that I feel like the common era came out of nowhere, I don't believe anything that deals with concrete dates can actually be the apocalypse.

PS: can anyone post up the actual prediction or whatever that nostradamus made that actually translate into tall that 2012 stuff?
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.