Chaos Project Collab - Nightmare of Obsidian

Started by GAX, March 24, 2009, 02:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

shdwlink you should get MSN or smoething so we can talk about the scripting menu.

fugibo

I can script too, if you guys need any consulting with me :P

Sadly, however, I don't have time to read over story stuff today, but I'll make sure to get up-to-date with everything tomorrow :)

G_G

Ok so its settled WcW, shdwlink, and game_guy will be scripters HIZZAZA

GAX

Alright, I'll add WcW to the scripting team aswell.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

fugibo

Just know that I don't have actual Windows/RMXP, so I won't be able to pull much weight. But I'm still here if you need me ;)

Daxisheart

Hey, If I can join(I've got nothing else to do)

Pen Name: Daxis or Daxisheart
Specialty: WRITING, small scale yet detailed mapping
Preffered engine: XP
Environment: Technically, any would be fine, but I'd like to see a TBS(tactical battle system) since there are so not enough of those around. ABS or basic stuff is perfectly okay.
PS. I've never used MSN thing before, although I could try(I actually have it installed on my computer because of my sister), but I'd prefer a forum since full ideas could be formulated and stuff, and then posted out there.
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

fugibo

There are much better MSN clients than Windows Live out there, btw.

Pidgin, aMSN, Trillian, and the like make for much better experiences (Pidgin is my favorite because it is {open source} and supports pretty much any protocol, but Trillian is good too -- aMSN is MSN-only)

Daxisheart

So... I'm in? cool, waiting for instructions or whatever. I'll still try out MSN or whatever, though, I'd only prefer forums.
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?

Aqua

No one said you were in, Daxis.

GAX is the one in charge.

Still... I don't think he'd deject you.

GAX

I'll put you in the writing team, but I can't give you work til the main plot is decided upon by the other members of the writing team, it'd take a while to get you up to speed on the subject.

I'll add your name under the writing team for now, but I may move you to the mapping team after I see an example of your work.

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Daxisheart

I'm on the writing team for Rising legend and A swordsman's Tale, and have about 3 other projects motivated solely by story...

Anyways, my mapping is mainly small maps, since they're easier, but really detailed. I hate towns, and mountains/forests, and dungeons in general are really easy. Towns are just a little bit harder, though.

An example of my works, with are pretty much story, mapping, and eventing, are in my demo game Nox Aeterna(which is currently in haitus due to working on one of my other XP games, Selena Eternal)

I could post up screenshots of mapping.

Diokatsu

Quote from: WcW on April 05, 2009, 11:17:57 pm
There are much better MSN clients than Windows Live out there, btw.

Pidgin, aMSN, Trillian, and the like make for much better experiences (Pidgin is my favorite because it is {open source} and supports pretty much any protocol, but Trillian is good too -- aMSN is MSN-only)

Thanks...Was this necessary?

Also, I wonder how we can all confer together. I find the stream of an IRC chatroom or an IM chatroom to be easier to spray out those useless thoughts we call ideas.

Blizzard

*says it again* WcW, please don't become an Open Source fanboy. ;_;
We KNOW that there are other clients. Those that don't know usually don't even exceed the required IQ level for using something other than MSN. *has made his point*

But it's true, MSN isn't that good for conferences. I suggest IRC as well. You have CP's IRC or you can make your own channel. You can access the other channel over this site (if you don't have an IRC client) as well. I think that this would be most convenient.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Hey, I just said I liked it because it was open source, but you'll notice Trillian, too there X| I made sure to give your opinion a ton of respect, too.

I still think forum is best, though. Or we could go nerdy and use GitHub :P I know I want to remote in to a server to get up to date on the story line!

Blizzard

Forum is definitely good for stuff that needs to be archived. IRC is suited more for real-time convos and brainstorming.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

i like a forum becouse then people could just update sugestions and everyone will be able to respong, and its more organized, i like organization

Diokatsu

Quote from: Doris on April 06, 2009, 06:40:14 pm
Forum is definitely good for stuff that needs to be archived. IRC is suited more for real-time convos and brainstorming.

Brainstorming is essentially what NEEDS to take place right now. With what gAX gave us to work with, I can hardly see setting anything in stone just yet.

Sally

i havent seen anything about anythign with this, if it was in a forum everyone working on this project will be able to comment on the story.

GAX

Alright, we're actually getting some rather heated info between Dio, Ulta, and WcW through PMs ^_^

I actually like the ideas we're having right now, some amazing stuff is getting done!

Alright, I've got an assignment for the mapping team + shared work for the graphic/script teams.

Mapping Team:  I need to see some examples from you guys, just some various rooms to be found inside of a castle and areas you'd likely see around a castle.

G+S Teams:  I feel this should be done collaborative between these two groups:  we need CMS designs.  The CMS will need to include the basic stuff + a slot for the Mission Menu.

Here's what I want for the Mission Menu guys:
A section for available missions is of course a must.  Missions can be triggered on/off with switches or whatever you figure would be good.  When a mission is displayed as "Available", it'll display the introductory situation.  EXAMPLE:
Quote"It's likely the guard wont see a full frontal assault coming, and therefore we can catch them by surprise..."

This adds an extra little element of fun.
Also, a COMPLETED menu would be a good element too.  This would allow a player to replay previous missions to gain EXP, find items, etc.  Also, after we figure some sort of rating system out, the "Grade" for completing a mission along with various statistics should be displayed (Think Devil May Cry).

So yeah, that's what I got in mind right now.

Sally

ill make 2 or 3 maps of indoor castle maps in a hour or so.