[XP] XP Ace Tilemap

Started by KK20, November 02, 2014, 05:53:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

... what transition algorithm? O_o I don't remember anything specific I made. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Update to version 0.41 to address a potential issue with renamed games using Enigma Virtual Box. This only applies to XP users. XPA users are advised to update to XPA 2.31

Note this was only a minor script update. No changes were made to the DLLs.

Other Projects

KK20

Updated to v0.42
(Sorry Memor-X that it took this long!)

• Script crashed when F12 was pressed

• Creating a Plane would crash the game if $game_map was not initialized

• Additionally, Planes initialized without a Viewport on larger resolutions would not appear

• Users were reporting issues with their games suddenly crashing. Turns out these users were using programs like DisplayFusion. I actually had to crack open CheatEngine to solve this one. The base address for RGSS is usually 0x1000000, but some programs might interfere with that. I was able to locate what the actual base address is through sheer luck!

In terms of things to bring to XPAT, I have started work on a highly requested feature:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Other Projects

Blizzard

Quote from: KK20 on March 24, 2019, 12:22:32 am
Additionally, Planes initialized without a Viewport on larger resolutions would not appear

So, if I decide to make CP 16:9, I'll have to update?

schmoggi

Hi,

hope this is not seen as necroposting. I'm curious if this project (the tilemap / the xpace project) is still getting updates? Some years have passed since the last post. The last teaser with the zoom feature looks interesting. Any news on this?

Thank you!

KK20

So the thing with the camera never really got out of the experimental phase. I was going to use it in another project first to try and work out the bugs, but that ended fairly quickly. Then Jaiden came along and wanted to use it, so I gave the script and offered minimal support to get it working in their project. Skip ahead a year and we moved over to MKXP. The camera script is still being used, but not alongside XPAT. We gave up on XPA because of performance issues.

Here's the demo I made some years back. If you're able to make use of it, go ahead and use it. But all interest has been lost by me and everyone else, so nothing official will ever come from it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9mhaylk66fjsho/ZoomDemo.zip?dl=0

Other Projects

schmoggi

Thanks for answering.

Well, not much surprise on my end. MKXP, in my tests, is really making a difference and efforts like XPA(T), though great work, becomes obsolete in a way. I was kind of divided which one to use, actually. But thanks for posting the demo. I will definitely go through it, even if it is only for experimenting and learning purpose. I didn't know MKXP had a zoom function for the tilemap or some kind of similar build in feature. Definitely going to study that one a bit more.

KK20

MKXP doesn't have tilemap zoom, Jaiden added it on a private github repo.

Other Projects

schmoggi

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. So it's basically possible then, good to know. Guess I'll have to dive deep into the code someday and see what one with basic coding skills can do :D.

Jaiden

I will eventually make the fork public (I technically am obliged to, due to GPL's terms). Code is currently just too much of a dumping ground to share. You can keep an eye on my Github, if you'd like.