Humanity should kill itself.

Started by Daxisheart, May 31, 2009, 02:50:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Yeah, why so serious. Humanity's gonna kill itself off again anyway sooner or later.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Daxisheart

Quote from: Blizzard on May 31, 2009, 05:27:17 pm
Why should we kill ourselves? Why should the world not kill itself so it makes it easy on us?

WTF? how the hell would that make it easy on us?

Quote from: Pokol DaErran on May 31, 2009, 06:07:43 pm
War
Can't the human race kill itself off without us helping it?

...Really, no. War can't really kill off a good percentage of the human race so that nature can start healing itself. As a matter of fact, war would harm nature even more(Hiroshima anyone), which is the whole point of me telling everyone, not just five people but everyone, to die.

If humanity's going to screw itself up sooner of later,why not sooner than later so that nature can start healing itself, rather than later, when the world would be too scarred to continue?
Oh yeah, the selfishness...
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

Blizzard

Well, by your logic the one that kills itself helps out everybody else. So why should the rest not kill itself off for us instead?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

No specie is just going to kill it self, espcially humans. Think about what we have accomplished! We have developed technology that the other species on earth can't even dream about! Why should we kill ourself?

fugibo

I agree with Pokol.

Oh yes, and you're an idiot, Daxis. Really, you are. It's one planet out of the universe, so noone really cares if it gets a little boo-boo. However, as far as we an tell we are the only sentient life within a rather large portion of that, so we're kind of important.

Oh, and I think you should kill yourself. Honestly. If you believe that's how we should go, go ahead and do it, right now. Prove that you actually want too.

And when you say "my friend always takes the stereotypical argument," I gather that you mean he wants to _live_? How is that bad?

tSwitch

I think this thread is funny.

Ok, Daxis, I'm willing to debate.
Since I didn't read a lot of that wall of text first page between you and Dio, please explain to my how Humans killing themselves would help the environment.

I'm expecting an argument about pollution and natural resources, but do explain yourself before I make assumptions.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Daxisheart

Sorry, not internet, It'll take a while..

Blizz: I'm not really using analogies like the one you used, because the world killing itself, the animals and plants and organisms like that, killing themselves would NOT do good for the world. That's pretty much the opposite of what I'm going for and what I'm trying to achieve. I want to help the world, and the human species is one organism that does not do that, so that's why it can go to hell.

kagutsuchi: yeah, we got lots technology and achievements, yet what exactly has that done for the world/nature besides fuck it up? Pollution didn't exist before humanity did.

Well, duh, the stereotypical argument would be to want to live. And who the hell said I didn't want to live? I'm saying what humanity should do, not what it will do. I definitely don't so all the things I should do.

Yes, definitely, pollution and natural resources are obviously the main points of what I'm trying to get across: before humanity, mainly civilization, existed, there was no pollution or wasting of natural resources. These things harm the world. The very atmosphere has changed because of human existence/interference. As long as this civilization continues, the world's going to suffer. The sea's not infinite, you know, nothing is. As long as humanity exists, pollution, destruction, mass killings of organism will still exist, and no one's going to do anything about it because everyone's too lazy.
PS: That everyone includes me, duh.
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: Daxisheart on June 01, 2009, 12:44:50 pm
kagutsuchi: yeah, we got lots technology and achievements, yet what exactly has that done for the world/nature besides fuck it up? Pollution didn't exist before humanity did.

Volcano eruptions and astroids/comets colliding with earth have done more damage to earth than us humans ever have. Also, all humans do is follow the basic rule of nature. Survival of the fitest. The onces that are best adaptable are the once to survive. We humans can even make nature adapt to us! Not many species have been able to do that!

Blizzard

@Daxis: And who are you to judge what is good for the environment? From my knowledge a meteor crashing into earth would cause more damage than the human race during this entire civilization (as Kagutsuchi already stated) and humans might be able to prevent a scenario like that. What is worse? An armageddon scenario and some little pollution and change of environment?

tSwitch

Yes, definitely, pollution and natural resources are obviously the main points of what I'm trying to get across: before humanity, mainly civilization, existed, there was no pollution or wasting of natural resources. These things harm the world. The very atmosphere has changed because of human existence/interference. As long as this civilization continues, the world's going to suffer. The sea's not infinite, you know, nothing is. As long as humanity exists, pollution, destruction, mass killings of organism will still exist, and no one's going to do anything about it because everyone's too lazy.

alright.
Your main point is pollution.
Back in the day, before all of our brilliant technology (and back when pollution awareness was startlingly lacking) you may have had a point, however, look at all the companies that are 'going green' if not to help the environment, but just to look good.

As far as natural resources go, there's a lot of recycling going on as part of the 'green' movement as well.  Metal, paper, and plastics are being reused and reworked into new products.  Look at the new line of Macbooks, they're all created entirely from recycled aluminum.

also..mass killings?
I'm sorry what?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

There are no mass killings ever since people realized what they are doing. It's true, earlier there were much more fish in the seas and today only a fraction of their numbers exist, but people have realized what they are doing and they have changed their ways and methods.

fugibo

Sorry, not internet, It'll take a while..

Blizz: I'm not really using analogies like the one you used, because the world killing itself, the animals and plants and organisms like that, killing themselves would NOT do good for the world. That's pretty much the opposite of what I'm going for and what I'm trying to achieve. I want to help the world, and the human species is one organism that does not do that, so that's why it can go to hell.

Well, duh, the stereotypical argument would be to want to live. And who the hell said I didn't want to live? I'm saying what humanity should do, not what it will do. I definitely don't so all the things I should do.

PS: That everyone includes me, duh.

Ever heard of the Ice Age? The meteor that hit the Yucatan Peninsula? Snowball Earth? Earth itself has killed more than we might have by driving cars.

Blizzard

An active volcano produces yearly much more greenhouse effect causing gases than all humanity in case you didn't know, Daxis.

Vell

June 01, 2009, 03:45:36 pm #33 Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:47:04 pm by UltaFlame
Global Warming, which i assume is one of your major OH NOES, is more likely just a natural phase in the earth's life.

as you say: humanity is overpopulated. true. this is a problem. but hundreds die each day. in places of the world - EVEN IN 2004 - populations were going DOWN.  There's such a thing as 'carrying capacity.' we've reached ours. our numbers fluctuate up and down, now.

I'll begin by assaulting your thoughts on civilization: too many people because of it(this is your viewpoint). we have 6-7Billion people. well, I'm sure glad civilization exists. I mean, if we didn't have those huge sprawling cities with those gigantic skyscrapers, those 500+million (per city) people would have to spread out. then we'd have even Less forests, even Less meadows... really, I'm glad we concentrate our numbers in such a way.

pollution's already covered.

Mass killings of animals: Poor cows. good thing we have nature reserves where this species, and thousands of others, live safely in the wild, protected by laws.

people growing more than theyre dying? well. with all those Genocides going on, the holocaust some odd number of dozens of years ago, those tsunamis and tornadoes wiping out entire towns... I'm simply amazed that we're having SO MANY babies per day.

tl;dr version: GO FUCK YOURSELF. I'm all for advocating pessimism and stuff, but mass suicide is worse than mass genocide. no. it IS mass genocide.

EDIT: someone go call the UN on this guy and other people like him. they're a crime against humanity just by talking. I doubt you win your debates. people like you usually end up just thinking you've won. or your friends don't want you to die right in front of them. or maybe they're just afraid you'll take that knife out on them.

fugibo

June 01, 2009, 04:03:56 pm #34 Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:06:23 pm by WcW
++UltaFlame; --DaxiHeart; Blizz.signal(:suggest) do
 USERS.delete("DaxisHeart");
end

Blizz.signal(:jk)

Also, I find it funny that the entire front page is DH arguing that everyone else is selfish, when his only other point is "OMG I IZ WINNIN ARGAHMNTS!!!!"/morbidexaggeration

Kagutsuchi

Now that we are slightly touching upon global warming, I feel like mentioning the sun. Scientists believes that there is not only a 11 years sun cycle, but also a 200 years sun cycle, which have a much larger effect than the one on 11 years. However the 200 years sun cycle is difficult to confirm because it is, well, 200 years long. But if it exists a "mini iceage" is soon going to come, and the global warming caused by humans might actually make things more stable.

Another point regarding global warming, the average temprature on the earth have gone down a bit since year 2000.

The 11 years sun cycle should have caused the sun to increase it's activity by now, but it have not.

~80% of the greenhouse effect is caused by H2O

Subsonic_Noise

First, we can't kill themselves to save the world because we are a part of this world.
We devoloped during millions of years from microscopic to what we are now. We belong
to this world and we would not save it by just killing ourselves.

Second, you are argueing from the point of view of a human, which is understandable as we all
are humans. But from the point of view of the earth, the harm we do to it is nearly nothing. As
others already said, the world was already destroyed many times just to recover itself over time.
Do you know those little bugs which can destroy a whole forest? It may be shocking for us to see all those
dead trees, but after a long period of time, there will be a new forest at the same place with even more    richness in species because the soil has become more fertile by the dead trees. Do you know what I mean?
The world will survive us and recover from the harm we did to it.

You do have some points, though. We will need to change some things we do for the sake of all the animals
who are living now including ourselves, but mass killings are not the right thing to do.

(Please excuse strange phrases and / or grammar mistakes as I am from germany)
(Hurray for my first post^^)

fugibo

@Kagutsuchi:
Because we've obviously had 10 Ice Ages since the year 0. Logic fail.

Blizzard

Mini-iceage != Iceage I suppose.

self.recv(self.signal, Users.WcW)

*goes off to delete the account*

self.recv(self.signal, Users.WcW)

... oh, it was just a joke. Ok. xD

@Subsonic_Noise: From Germany? O_o

Also, we ARE affecting the world around us, there is no doubt about it. But we aren't affecting it only in bad ways and we are not the only ones affecting it in bad ways as Subsonic_Noise already said.

Daxisheart

Sorry, internet down, I have to go, so real quick:

those are natural disasters, unavoidable, and are a part of nature. Do we need to pollute? No. Do we need to take more than we need and shit over everything else? No.

I'll be back in probably 30-40 minutes.