Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:27:39 am by game_guy
Cybele Resource Database

UNDER DEVELOPMENT (YET AGAIN)
Development Thread

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Landith

Sweet! I've been looking for something like this!
*downloads* :V:
Pshh... Like I don't already have it ;)

But really good job on this (:

legacyblade

My computer weirded out and submitted my resource 3 times o.o Maybe you should support member accounts so people can modify and delete the resources they submit.

Also, it would be cool if (when submitting a charset) if you could add poses that are linked to it. (when you're looking at that character set, it'll have files availible under the sprite's poses section) That way I could add the blizzABS poses I've made for most of the sprites I was planning on submitting.

But a great tool none the less!

Lore

What happened to releasing this next Saturday? xD

Anyway, I guess it can't be helped. I'll just finish submitting my resources whenever I can.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Landith

Quote from: legacyblade on January 30, 2010, 01:49:02 pm
My computer weirded out and submitted my resource 3 times o.o Maybe you should support member accounts so people can modify and delete the resources they submit.

Yeah I found that bug when I was beta testing it and he fixed it but I guess it came back up again :/
I like the idea of accounts where they can modify and delete though.

legacyblade

I think it was more that I clicked submit again after it said error, then there was no response, so I clicked it a couple more times >.>

But user accounts would be really nice.

Lore

Quote from: legacyblade on January 30, 2010, 02:29:12 pm
I think it was more that I clicked submit again after it said error, then there was no response, so I clicked it a couple more times >.>

But user accounts would be really nice.

That happens when you submit a big resource I believe. Not necessarily in file size, just in actual size. I submitted a big animation sheet that was pretty huge and it did that not responding thing. You just have to patiently wait. G_G needs to add a little progress bar or something to signify that the program is actually uploading and not frozen, because it freezes while it uploads.

My suggestion is to just wait until it says "Done" by the submit button.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

legacyblade

January 30, 2010, 02:49:48 pm #8 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:53:58 pm by legacyblade
Alright, I'll do that in the future. (and my file wasn't that big, it was a charset :( )

Another suggestion I have is to make the RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX Animations (and other resources types that are exactly the same between versions) check for the same resources.

Lore

I just sat down and added like 300 battlers >.>
My fingers hurt.

winkio

Very nice.  I'd say the only thing you need is a search function so that when the database gets larger, you can find things you need.  Or display them alphabetically/by author.  Just some type of organization within each category.

G_G

January 30, 2010, 04:44:17 pm #11 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:27:19 pm by game_guy
I'm adding features still. Making it easier to view them. Any other suggestions are good too.

EDIT: Updated. I now included a new category called Resource Packs. So if you have a bunch of resources in one pack, put it in a zip and submit it.

C.C. rOyAl

Spoiler: ShowHide

lilbrudder917

I'm guessing something messed up?

Nothing is showing up for anything, and the resource count says

QuoteTotal Resources Submitted: -2

and everything has 0.

I'm guessing it has something to do with either
QuoteUpdated. I now included a new category called Resource Packs.

or

Quoteadded like 300 battlers

Lore

Quote from: C.C. rOyAl on January 30, 2010, 05:30:11 pm
Lol isnt this like RMXPool?

Waayyyy improved.

Secondly, G_G had to wipe the database due to numerous fixes. So please re-upload any resources you have submitted.

lilbrudder917

Quote from: Lore on January 30, 2010, 05:32:07 pm
Quote from: C.C. rOyAl on January 30, 2010, 05:30:11 pm
Lol isnt this like RMXPool?

Waayyyy improved.

Secondly, G_G had to wipe the database due to numerous fixes. So please re-upload any resources you have submitted.

Ah, that would explain it, then... (still don't know why it says -2, though.)

Lore

Just a bug in the server.

Don't worry about the wipe. It's worth it due to numerous fixes AND I'm designing a new layout and buttons.

Secondly, over the course of this week, I'll personally be submitting over 1000 RMXP Resources, so the database will be up and running with tons of resources by next Saturday.

G_G

January 30, 2010, 06:31:49 pm #17 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:15:30 pm by game_guy
Fixed server bug with -2 showing. ANd we'll be submitting a bunch of resources now.

Feel free to submit resources guys!

EDIT: Added support image for the topic.

Use this in your siggy.
[url=http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5491.0.html][img]http://decisive-games.com/ggp/image.php[/img][/url]

Actual background image is being made by lore.

legacyblade

Wow, it's easier to tell if it's actually uploading now. Though I wasn't aware of the changes that'd been made (you just have to click submit, then it'll upload, rather than clicking submit AFTER the upload), so I submitted the Legacyblade Icon twice >.> In the box that says uploading, there should be a cancel button in case you accidentally click it twice.

G_G

Well it kinda uploads a little too quick to cancel. No worries I deleted the copy. I enhanced the database making it easier to erase things.