Facebook - just a giant information database?

Started by Blizzard, March 12, 2008, 01:12:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

http://www.sendspace.com/file/clveaw

I will join the discussion as soon as I have time to read it. My friend only told me about this, I haven't read it yet.

Now read and discuss.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fallen Angel X

Meh too much to read...

So I'll just go on with what I know!

FACEBOOK IS CRAP!!!! I have one... but I've been on it like 6 times in a year? For about 10 minutes each? It's nothing but a compilation of well a lot of stuff... but made worse! Like Jetman... wtf? Ripoff off the helicopter game but WORSE! And if I wanted to talk to friends online just go msn...  :o Or if you want to make new friends go outside and talk to people! Like seriously! How hard is it to turn off the computer and go outside and socialize? (Yes I know... me saying all this crap is surprising)

Nortos

Fallen Angel X

Blizzard

Quote from: Nortos on March 13, 2008, 01:01:39 am
Myspace > Facebook :P

Actually it's the other way around. Facebook might be partially a "rip-off" from MySpace, but it's way better. MySpace generally sucks, I would never register even if hundreds of people would annoy me with that. But I did register at facebook after several people asked me if I had an account.

Besides that I have to puke when I see MySpace. =X

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fallen Angel X

Regardless I think Facebook is garbage, obsolete, useless in my eyes  8)

Blizzard

Fallen Angel X

My bad  :-\ Garbage  :P Still I don't really like facebook. It's just not very.... appealing I guess.

Zeriab

Facebook is pretty ^^

That doesn't necessary mean it's good (Vista....)

Blizzard

That deserves a power up. :D

Facebook is handy ^^
That doesn't necessary mean it's useful (Vista...)

xD

Fallen Angel X

Okay! I finally read through all of it! I loled at the part where he mentions CIA Involvement.... But then I realized he was serious! Now I hate Facebook more  >:(

Diokatsu

i love a ma facebook!!!! i live off it basically so screw all of you who thinks myspace is better NYAH!!!!

Blizzard

But don't add me. <_<; I don't add people that I don't know IRL.

Diokatsu

alright....i'll resist lol

but really, facebook is not something you can compare to myspace. if you've tryed both they have a much different feel from each other and appeal to different people so it's not a matter of which is better but what one you prefer.....and the one all your friends have lol

GAX

I haven't read the file, but I've heard accounts of employers actually using Facebook, Myspace, and Friendster in their own personal background checks of people in order to actually judge if they should be allowed to work, or if they have one, if they can work at all (as some employers have denied jobs to people and fired others for having an account on such sites), an act which I think is morally wrong but I guess that's matter of opinion.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Valcos

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on March 12, 2008, 02:58:26 pm
Meh too much to read...

So I'll just go on with what I know!

FACEBOOK IS CRAP!!!! I have one... but I've been on it like 6 times in a year? For about 10 minutes each? It's nothing but a compilation of well a lot of stuff... but made worse! Like Jetman... wtf? Ripoff off the helicopter game but WORSE! And if I wanted to talk to friends online just go msn...  :o Or if you want to make new friends go outside and talk to people! Like seriously! How hard is it to turn off the computer and go outside and socialize? (Yes I know... me saying all this crap is surprising)

What the EF!? When was the last time you actually went outside? I should drag you out oneday to play football or rugby or something :P

And yeh im against the facebook crap... dont even got one think its stupid
Personally i think its for stalkers... you add people to your friends list to look at the pictures they post of themselves...
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

I use facebook mainly as yet another form of communication. Usually I ask my friends out or send them a message over facebook instead of wasting money by sending an SMS.

Valcos

-Oscar De La Hoya

Diokatsu

Quote from: Valcos on June 21, 2008, 11:59:50 am
Whats an SMS? Super Messages Secretly? :P

yes...yes it is

reminder to all: Google is your friend.

Valcos

Lol... google is my homepage... but i wanted to hear from someone on the forum so if anyone else is wondering the dont have to go to google ;D
-Oscar De La Hoya