Item Containers [Complete]

Started by Mightylink, April 29, 2009, 03:03:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: Mightylink on May 01, 2009, 07:11:19 pm
ughh im sorry, i couldnt get chests with items already in it to work, here is my error and event

Spoiler: ShowHide

1 is health potions and 2 is magic potions, did I do something wrong? was I sappose to edit the scripts cause i didnt see a place to define variables in it.

First of all I said you had to have this first

$game_variables[27] = $chest

Make sure to put Wait 5 Frames in between script calls too

Mightylink

May 01, 2009, 08:16:58 pm #21 Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:32:06 pm by Mightylink
Crap I thought I did have that, im sorry, it works :)

Well I think its perfect then, I tested every scenerio I could think of, saving between every action, leaving some items in, looting but not taking and saving. quit game, reloading... everything works, no crashes at all, no bugs:P

Shes perfect, great work, awesome script :D

I especially love the way you just define an empty variable right in the event, no need to go back to the script and add a variable, no having to start a new save file it works right off the bat.

G_G

Awesome! Now to try and fit it all in one script instead of having what how many did I have 7 in there? I'm gonna reduce it alot and include alias's. That way you can have a much smaller script too.

Mightylink

May 01, 2009, 08:33:49 pm #23 Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:38:04 pm by Mightylink
You dont have to do this but I got another minor suggestion, a take all items command, another more effeciant way to loot. Make that the first option so its already selected, the menu can be like this:

Take All     Take Items     Give Items     Exit

G_G

Not sure how I would go doing that but I can try for an update I guess :P

Mightylink

I thought it would either be really easy or really complicated :P Its fine, save it for later or you dont have to do it.

Aqua

You have to put the $scene = Scene_Chest.new(27) above the conditional.

G_G

Sorry Aqua but that wouldnt work for what he was doing. He wanted to add items before someone got into it. But eitehr way he still got it.

Mightylink

May 01, 2009, 10:13:20 pm #28 Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:14:39 pm by Mightylink
Oh I got that working fine, it has to only run once or the chest will keep getting items every time you open it lol. Thats the best part about this script is its very open to events so anything is possible with it. Like the chest in oblivions mage tower that replenishes every week or so :D

The npc tells you it will only duplicate herbs but thats not true, it works for any item, just like in metal gear the guy says autofire controls wont work but they do lol

G_G

OFFTOPIC SORRY BUT I COULDNT RESIST THIS

Just like Microsoft said that rapid fire wasnt possible in Fps's but it is aka modding your controller to make rapid fire for all weapons oh yea!

legacyblade

BTW, if you want to store the chests in something other than the variables (you know, the event ones) just add an array to game_system called "chests". Just alias the initialization into the game_system class, and give it the read and write permissions (near midnight, so I can't spell it right, but the one that's like attr: accessor). Anything in the game_system class will be saved and loaded. Just make sure to mention that it will corrupt old saved games (not a big deal)

G_G

Sorry but I didnt understand anything you just said. *Noob scripter of course*

legacyblade

What's your MSN, I'll talk you through it in MSN.

G_G